Haven or Myrland?

Are you on Haven or Myrland?

• Total voters

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Do you mean that there is people that doesn't leave Haven? And i was mad about the two clade level needed to leave ahahahahaah
That has been a concern of mine for some years now, it all started back in MO1 when they added Haven which was considerably larger and content rich than MO2's Haven.

I opined that there would be some players who would never leave, instead they would form their own separate community from the rest of Myrland.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
That has been a concern of mine for some years now, it all started back in MO1 when they added Haven which was considerably larger and content rich than MO2's Haven.

I opined that there would be some players who would never leave, instead they would form their own separate community from the rest of Myrland.
Do you think this will cause damage to the game? I have nothing against players that want to cage themselves in a limited environment but, to be fair, i never thought about this long enough. What are your ideas?

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
Do you think this will cause damage to the game? I have nothing against players that want to cage themselves in a limited environment but, to be fair, i never thought about this long enough. What are your ideas?
no it wont, the people who stay in haven are the ones this game isnt made for. They will quit once they see they cant get calx

ThirdeyePULSE

Feb 12, 2022
Just thought it would be interesting to see who is currently playing on Haven or Myrland.
Currently in Haven but seriously itching to get to the mainland. I'm just trying to knock out all my books so once I get to mainland I can tame a horse and craft steel without searching far and wide for books I need lol.
Gameplay for last 3-4 days is logging on, studying a new book and logging off.

On a side note I've noticed in the last week Haven population has been dying off. Very normal to be the only person or one of a handful of people in Haven city. Barely see a soul anymore. This is on Main server.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
Currently in Haven but seriously itching to get to the mainland. I'm just trying to knock out all my books so once I get to mainland I can tame a horse and craft steel without searching far and wide for books I need lol.
Gameplay for last 3-4 days is logging on, studying a new book and logging off.

On a side note I've noticed in the last week Haven population has been dying off. Very normal to be the only person or one of a handful of people in Haven city. Barely see a soul anymore. This is on Main server.
Haven have its own servers since it's instanced. Your instance is probably empty cause everyone left for Myrland, i suggest you to do the same since you could have done so many fun things in all this time you was just there reading books.

If you wanna stay there but want to see people running around you ca go in the center of the city and interact with the statue that say: "travel to another Haven instance" and type a random number hoping to find one with people in.

ThirdeyePULSE

Feb 12, 2022
Haven have its own servers since it's instanced. Your instance is probably empty cause everyone left for Myrland, i suggest you to do the same since you could have done so many fun things in all this time you was just there reading books.

If you wanna stay there but want to see people running around you ca go in the center of the city and interact with the statue that say: "travel to another Haven instance" and type a random number hoping to find one with people in.
Nah don't care about seeing people. Just making the point that there's not as many people here. Just don't feel like traveling all over the map for the 7+ books I need to make steel lol. Sure I could be having fun, but I have plenty of games to play.

No, my plan isn't to stay here. Just wanted to get comfortable with the game and now that I'm comfortable I want to be able to make steel the instant I get to mainland.

Maybe I'll take your advice. Getting a little bored here lol.

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
If someone doesnt want to leave haven, the Myrland people arent missing out. If the Haven player was forced to leave they will just quit on their first pvp death. A lot of people dont think its fun to get ganked by 15 mounted while farming some random mob 2 minutes from town when theres 0 potential to fight back. Which is why steam charts will continue to go down and down. So its play haven or dont play for them. Yes open pvp isnt for everyone but honestly its a formula for failure. Theres very little reason for someone to play a game like this if they dont want to be one of the 15 ganking. They can go play any game that they wont get ganked when they just wanted to farm. Only a small % of people will think its fun to go farm and die when they didnt want to, which are the ones who stick around. Along with the few players who think its fun to get ganked by the 15 while they are trying to gank nubs but are a smaller group and also have o chance to fight back.

Reactions: Amadman

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
Nah don't care about seeing people. Just making the point that there's not as many people here. Just don't feel like traveling all over the map for the 7+ books I need to make steel lol. Sure I could be having fun, but I have plenty of games to play.

No, my plan isn't to stay here. Just wanted to get comfortable with the game and now that I'm comfortable I want to be able to make steel the instant I get to mainland.

Don't worry about books, the ones that you find in Haven are the ones that you can find every city. The books that require to go to a specific place aren't present in Haven. You will be forced to travel anyway. By the way, the most important thing is that you are having fun, if you are having fun keep doing what you are doing and don't listen to others ;)

Reactions: Amadman

ThirdeyePULSE

Feb 12, 2022
Don't worry about books, the ones that you find in Haven are the ones that you can find every city. The books that require to go to a specific place aren't present in Haven. You will be forced to travel anyway. By the way, the most important thing is that you are having fun, if you are having fun keep doing what you are doing and don't listen to others ;)
yeah not really having fun anymore but keep hearing i need to get my clades up lol. main thing stopping me from leaving is i cant decide on a city to go too.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I think the only detriment to players not leaving Haven is that they will get used to the pve-oriented ruleset, and then when they do leave they are not able to cope.

Kind of like a lion that spent its entire life in captivity, and then when released into the wild they don't know how to hunt or kill its prey.

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
Do you mean that there is people that doesn't leave Haven? And i was mad about the two clade level needed to leave ahahahahaah
pve player refuse to leave haven it seems :p which is why more content was added to it with the new dungeon

Sin

Jan 21, 2022
Was in Myrland for many many weeks, now I'm re rolling back to Haven :)

Also, I'm going to be bringing back the max amount of capes as I can fit :sneaky:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020

The most important part about Haven is clade XP. The books and all can be gotten in the mainland just as easy. Getting clade on main however is a nightmare unless you really go out of your way to dedicate a lot of time doing it, then at that point you may as well get it on Haven.

Farming bandits can you get to 15 clade level in a day or two of farming.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
If someone doesnt want to leave haven, the Myrland people arent missing out. If the Haven player was forced to leave they will just quit on their first pvp death. A lot of people dont think its fun to get ganked by 15 mounted while farming some random mob 2 minutes from town when theres 0 potential to fight back. Which is why steam charts will continue to go down and down. So its play haven or dont play for them. Yes open pvp isnt for everyone but honestly its a formula for failure. Theres very little reason for someone to play a game like this if they dont want to be one of the 15 ganking. They can go play any game that they wont get ganked when they just wanted to farm. Only a small % of people will think its fun to go farm and die when they didnt want to, which are the ones who stick around. Along with the few players who think its fun to get ganked by the 15 while they are trying to gank nubs but are a smaller group and also have o chance to fight back.

nobody thinks it's fun to get rekt. Well, it can be funNY, like lol ok. But I do worry people who spent a lot of time in haven might dislike the game. Like I me and @oykd were talking about, we bought a book and left thinking there were wonderful things awaiting in Myr on day1. lol. I bought taming, he bought anatomy. Diff in philosophy, but then we got trapped in the Q. I would have never gone back, and by the time I DID go back (got in to reroll my crafter and decided to spec more during the lay off), they had thoroughly nerfed GY. I left my veela in the queue. So I had to clade in normal server which was super hard until I got MA on sators. haha.

I disagree, tho, I might I post a lot of wild shit on the forums, but I find the challenge to be interesting. I am trying to grow my guild of similar people, but yea finding not many of them haha. They exist tho. If you can not do anything, that's different, but dying just means mats are worth more and the times you sneak in, you get more worthwhile stuff. The opposite is a stale game like every other. I don't want people to like open pvp or even engage in it, but I just want people to be able to take it as a PvE death and plan for it. This is by far the hardest MMO I've ever played, a game hard enough to compete with well-balanced challenging single player... cept it just keeps giving and giving. ahaha. It sucks that the dudes who kill you are probably lil nerds yapping it up on VoIP, but again, it's whatever. Plus catching those dudes alone and exposing them is fun too.

The game would be so trash w/o open pvp. There isn't enough pvp. They have to fix the pvp dilemma before they get everyone on the same instance or it's just gonna be blobs of people, like people trying to mine the same node. Plus there are def griefy non-pvp things people can do. There are so many things to fix about MO, but the fact that they took aim at open pvp first is kinda weird. The fact that people want guild wars etc to be the only pvp and everything else to be nothing is short sighted. It's like walls all over again. That kinda stuff will make me quit and I don't even pvp that much. I mean just knowing you can is a huge option. If people don't think they can get killed, they act different, cuz like I said 99% of people CARE about getting killed... beyond losing their trash gear. I def get a little nervous like I don't wanna blow this fight... and usually underperform because of that, but I'm not like UGH RAGEQUIT. PKERS!! I dunno...

PK + first person/action are the whole reason that the game is at all interesting even now when in it's in such a sad state. IF people are rolling 15 deep you can think while they are killing you that a bunch of other people are prol getting it in. Haha. Cuz that's a very inefficient allocation of resources. They are just derping cuz they dunno how to get Ws otherwise. In a way, you gotta feel bad for them. You should congratulate them on their teamwork before you ghost back.