GM actions invalidate hundreds of hours of legitimate work

Austin

Apr 12, 2022
A few of the GMs responsible for keeping this game fair are either hasty, incompetent, or corrupt. These specific GMs will undo hundreds of hours of legitimate work making you question why you'd waste another minute in this persistent, never resetting, single server game if all your time will be flushed down by one of these GMs.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah, I don't understand GMs, so I just play and let people do what they do. If people care enough to exploit let em. If they are interfering with siege, it's sad... but it's obvious MO doesn't really want siege to be a thing.

It sucks, but the way the game is set up, you have to put in a lot of time to do certain things, so my solution is don't. haha. Just play it and do minor things. Of course, it gets boring then, but what you are speaking about is one of those "That's MO" things. It's never been fair, and other than bugs and exploits, I feel the fact that it is KNOWN to be unfair, competitively, is one of the biggest reasons this game is not "more successful."

But you do have to understand the people who are set up... like I went to Hyll to see what's up, and Clan/Overt has TC everywhere, rofl. Like ridiculous TC. Probably as much TC as the biggest guilds have, but they are not a big guild. They are just uncontested + supply towers. However, in order to keep that TC up, they have to work and stay engaged, so why would SV want them to lose it when they would be losing paying customers in an already dry game?

This is not the game MO1 was. Henrik/Devs don't understand that yeah when it becomes possible to siege, there will be a big shift and a bunch of people will quit, but then things will settle into something 'interesting.' Ideally. But yeah it's a building sim atm.

Reactions: Gnidex

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023
Yeah, I don't understand GMs, so I just play and let people do what they do. If people care enough to exploit let em. If they are interfering with siege, it's sad... but it's obvious MO doesn't really want siege to be a thing.

It sucks, but the way the game is set up, you have to put in a lot of time to do certain things, so my solution is don't. haha. Just play it and do minor things. Of course, it gets boring then, but what you are speaking about is one of those "That's MO" things. It's never been fair, and other than bugs and exploits, I feel the fact that it is KNOWN to be unfair, competitively, is one of the biggest reasons this game is not "more successful."

But you do have to understand the people who are set up... like I went to Hyll to see what's up, and Clan/Overt has TC everywhere, rofl. Like ridiculous TC. Probably as much TC as the biggest guilds have, but they are not a big guild. They are just uncontested + supply towers. However, in order to keep that TC up, they have to work and stay engaged, so why would SV want them to lose it when they would be losing paying customers in an already dry game?

This is not the game MO1 was. Henrik/Devs don't understand that yeah when it becomes possible to siege, there will be a big shift and a bunch of people will quit, but then things will settle into something 'interesting.' Ideally. But yeah it's a building sim atm.
I usually don't read your posts because they're too long and you have a tendency to ramble but you made a good accurate observation and presented it well this time. Nice job.

Consensus fixes everything with time. Either there's not enough money to keep a project afloat and it goes down permanently or they change it until it is competitive in the market. The best course of action for MO2 for a regular player is to abstain from playing it so that Henrik can see consensus forming if there already isn't enough evidence for him.

The sieging in this game is a secondary symptom of an overall bad resurrection meta. There are very few static spawn points/banks for players, even less for reds. With massive travel times from spawn points to objectives; You are forced to build a structure and a priest to contest any objectives/POI's. So since you cannot play the game without building very time-consuming structures they made sieging incredibly difficult.

The game will continue to suffer until it plays well for a solo player on 30-90minutes play-time a day. The resurrections/structure meta is a big part of the problem.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I usually don't read your posts because they're too long and you have a tendency to ramble but you made a good accurate observation and presented it well this time. Nice job.

Consensus fixes everything with time. Either there's not enough money to keep a project afloat and it goes down permanently or they change it until it is competitive in the market. The best course of action for MO2 for a regular player is to abstain from playing it so that Henrik can see consensus forming if there already isn't enough evidence for him.

The sieging in this game is a secondary symptom of an overall bad resurrection meta. There are very few static spawn points/banks for players, even less for reds. With massive travel times from spawn points to objectives; You are forced to build a structure and a priest to contest any objectives/POI's. So since you cannot play the game without building very time-consuming structures they made sieging incredibly difficult.

The game will continue to suffer until it plays well for a solo player on 30-90minutes play-time a day. The resurrections/structure meta is a big part of the problem.
I like to write. I read fast. Apologies.

I still don't quite agree with your PoV, but you're not wrong. 30-90 min a day is a joke. Someone can play that if they are in a situation with people supporting them, or if they already spent the time to set up, but there's just no way you can play 30 min and expect to do much.

Which is funny because I do it A LOT. But I'm not doing 'big things.' I believe there need to be more things to do, but the actual 'TC/pvp' thing is not a small investment. It's sweatlord stuff. I like the idea of MO simply because it creates a working economy and that's rare. A pseudo society and economy, that's good for me, so I can exist there and do whatever / whereever.

I do agree that the threshold for a lot of things should be reduced. Like all magic schools should be attainable, but it would be just as bad for the game to make it into something that didn't require effort. The key is to make the effort gain level off. Like I was talking about in MO1, in other games, the difference between armors gets lower as it gets more expensive, but in this game, you get stuff like OGH or 120HP pots or whatever they are now, and it's just totally different.

That stuff needs to be there for people who are sweatlords, but it needs to be much less. Just like dudes need to not be able to place as many guard towers. Holy shit, in MO1 it was hard to have guards. NPC fighters lol in a game w/ 1000~ online.

Not to mention, there was stuff that was unknown in MO1, so you could exist by doing something you average 85IQ MO player can't. This game seems like just raw grind.

But as I said: I am the unicorn you talk about. Except you're trying to be competitive in pvp. And you have the skill. You just need a different character and a different home and to learn how to play differently / have different expectations. That sucks, but it's how it is. The game is def out of balance tho.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
GMs are human, Humans make mistakes. I don't want to fault GMs for mistakes, they helped me out plenty of times in game and are very respectful nice people.

But we do see these false bans occasionally and then they double down on it further making people quit playing the game. meanwhile some people have been cheating and exploiting or getting the help from a cheater for over a year now with no or extremely later actions.

Making videos of "cheaters" who are clearly not cheating always seems to pressure SV into doing things. Or just pressure in general (threatening to expose chat logs) like the keep transfer debacle.

GMs are humans its ok to admit mistakes, apologize, and explain truthfully what you though was happening. Most players will take your side and support you.

But SV is just incapable of learning lessons from their mistakes 9 times out of 20.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
GMs are human, Humans make mistakes. I don't want to fault GMs for mistakes, they helped me out plenty of times in game and are very respectful nice people.

But we do see these false bans occasionally and then they double down on it further making people quit playing the game. meanwhile some people have been cheating and exploiting or getting the help from a cheater for over a year now with no or extremely later actions.

Making videos of "cheaters" who are clearly not cheating always seems to pressure SV into doing things. Or just pressure in general (threatening to expose chat logs) like the keep transfer debacle.

GMs are humans its ok to admit mistakes, apologize, and explain truthfully what you though was happening. Most players will take your side and support you.

But SV is just incapable of learning lessons from their mistakes 9 times out of 20.
Yeah, regarding the chat log threat leak, had no bearing on the choice with the keep outcome. Thats just false information to push a narrative. Gonna clear that up right now (which has been cleared in other locations as well).

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah, regarding the chat log threat leak, had no bearing on the choice with the keep outcome. Thats just false information to push a narrative. Gonna clear that up right now (which has been cleared in other locations as well).
Im sorry but just saying its not trues does nothing. You actually have to prove things to the remaining player base, we all been around long enough to where we can not trust you. We have seen a lot of little things from the inside and DMs in other instanced then this to think otherwise.

You dont have trust anymore to just make us accept your story. You squanders the last bit of trust SV had a while ago.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Im sorry but just saying its not trues does nothing. You actually have to prove things to the remaining player base, we all been around long enough to where we can not trust you. We have seen a lot of little things from the inside and DMs in other instanced then this to think otherwise.

You dont have trust anymore to just make us accept your story. You squanders the last bit of trust SV had a while ago.
I understand where your coming from and I'm not going to sit here back and forth and try to convince you since you have your own view of the company, but intent of decisions could never really be proven.

So to clarify our stance, I corrected the commenter. You can choose to believe it or not but it doesn't really benefit the company to lie.

strycio

Apr 1, 2021

There is a reason he is called Spamdash. Kisses to you officer ’duli dood

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Or just pressure in general (threatening to expose chat logs) like the keep transfer debacle.
Without going into the thread discussion, I will say that, regarding this issue, you are a victim of propaganda.

Reactions: Robmo