Gank Builds?

cuervo de sombra

Apr 12, 2021
I was having a discussion with a friend of mine about how most MMOs have different builds mainly for Ganking. MO2 being a different animal entirely, it feels like any build can be a gank build really. Also the definition in Ganking can be different in this game since usually Ganking is a group of people versus one.

Now really thinking about this .. what would you consider a solo ganking build? I feel like dex mages really come to mind for some reason and I think dex Fighters are really considered more of a group fight finisher when usually the "assassin" type build doesn't really seem to fit in this game unless poisons become a thing in MO2.

SirFanta

May 4, 2021
I was having a discussion with a friend of mine about how most MMOs have different builds mainly for Ganking. MO2 being a different animal entirely, it feels like any build can be a gank build really. Also the definition in Ganking can be different in this game since usually Ganking is a group of people versus one.

Now really thinking about this .. what would you consider a solo ganking build? I feel like dex mages really come to mind for some reason and I think dex Fighters are really considered more of a group fight finisher when usually the "assassin" type build doesn't really seem to fit in this game unless poisons become a thing in MO2.
Dex mage is most def not a ganking build, anyone can beat a mage 1v1 with a bow.

Reactions: Vergil

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
Don't take my word for it, as I don't condone this -

If you truly want an "assassin" build, you want both melee and magic.

Throw on a Fulmination, then take out a hard hitting weapon and go to town. Watch them get erased if they don't react in time.

Other than that, a fat mage could combo a couple spells from a distance if the person didnt notice right away.

Otherwise, TTK (time to kill) are generally too high.

You could also get creative and knock people off of cliffs or edges with a shield.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Fat mage.. Fulminante + 2x Flamestrike and it's done.
But if you mess it up and get noticed earlier you're pretty sure death. :D

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Dex mages don’t even have enough mana to kill a full hp warrior. Also with the changes in speed you won’t even be able to run away anymore.

it really depends where you want to gank. If it’s all over the place then MA for sure. Nothing allows you to run in, do a bunch of damage and run off as good as an MA. Only problem currently is the low hp of horses. So if you take a few bow shots to the horse you will have to run....but at least you can. This paRticular build will need healing as your horse will be shot at a lot. Only other MAs can chase you down.

On foot it’s much harder choice because it’s so much more difficult now to run away.

fat mage is probably the most unblockable damage you can do regardless of armour. If you get the jump and hit him with 2 spells before he figures out where you are you’ll be in good shape. However if you don’t finish him quick enough, and he manages to los and heals then things can go very badly for you. Also magic reflect will fuck you.

Ganking with hybrids and warriors is much harder because people can just block your attacks and buy themselves time. If they have better armour and weapons than you, it won’t be easy even if you get the fist few hits.people can parry forever these days.

Last edited:

strycio

Apr 1, 2021
Something really nasty a i tried was a hybrid archer with fulmination as initiator followed by a bunch of arrows. But with old int scaling, worked also from horseback, but now you would ned an asym bow.

cuervo de sombra

Apr 12, 2021
Thank you for the suggestions everyone! I see with the int being fixed I would find it hard to do such a thing but it's something that is worth a try.