Future Predictions For Beta

How many people will turn out for the beta stress test?

• Total voters

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Seb said there was ~1k just in Bakti on discord.

Though it may only be based on the amount of players he seen and not an actual figure.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Seb said there was ~1k just in Bakti on discord.

Though it may only be based on the amount of players he seen and not an actual figure.
Actually it's 1.1k players in the total word, not just Bakti. But most players are at and around Bakti...

Reactions: Amadman

Ragnar_Rock

Nov 21, 2020
I was suprised ho well it performed. Also a big plus is players have a more solid contact to the ground, in MO 1 there was so much "skating" going on...

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
So the current "record" is 1,1k players?

Better than what thought, but probably less than they hoped for. On the plus side the server was not too bad. Still quite a bit of warping around though.

Agreed! It went better than I expected as well.

And players seemed mostly positive about the game aside from the stressful part of it being a stress test and not actually being a release.

I am sure they will pick up a few new paying testers as a side result as well.

I dont know about bakti where many of the regulars where planning on being.

But I spend a bit of time in Meduli and the players there where pretty well behaved and civil.

There was plenty of dueling going on but you could walk around mostly without being attacked.

I even crafted pretty freely at the crafting area many times with out ever being attacked.

Even though there was many players around.

A far different experience than the steam release of MO. Especially considering there is no guards or flagging yet.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
A far different experience than the steam release of MO. Especially considering there is no guards or flagging yet.

Showing once again that flagging is just a paper shield. It should be interesting to see if SV will have more trust in their players to police themselves this time around. Some of the things that Henrik mentioned on stream pointed in that direction.

Reactions: Amadman

Kuroi

May 28, 2020
Naples, Italy
So the current "record" is 1,1k players?

Better than what thought, but probably less than they hoped for. On the plus side the server was not too bad. Still quite a bit of warping around though.

seems like so, even tho Seb mentioned this "1.1k" a few hours from beginning, we don't know how far that went then... considering that mmorpg.com now has 200 keys left and they were a total of 4-5k, plus all the keys that SV released itself... we are talking about at least 10k keys total (i read 18k somewhere), problem is having ALL that people login at same time :D it's quite hard