Forcing people to towns.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Fair enough, there were as many reasons as thr were playstyles or maybe even players. Speaking as a town dweller, TC was a major cause.
that is fair if your gameplay revolves around towns. I think its just bad to force everyone to have to play a certain way in order to keep the content of town people alive. Towns will be alive if the game is alive. If the game was dying they would force people to towns to make the game feel not dead but in reality its still dead and the players will continue to quit because of that.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
MO died for many reasons. Vendors inside player built towns was definitely one of them. It killed random pvp encounters. People safe farmed and made tons of gold in the safety of walls. You'd also run into a wall every 20 seconds while running around the map.

It was terrible.

As someone else said, TC could have worked just fine, but SV didn't fix some very important issues with it. We just don't need them to be in MO2.

When they first announced MO2 and were kinda doing a Q&A in Discord...I asked what their biggest mistake of MO1 was. They said "Territory Control".

Tzone

May 16, 2021
MO died for many reasons. Vendors inside player built towns was definitely one of them. It killed random pvp encounters. People safe farmed and made tons of gold in the safety of walls. You'd also run into a wall every 20 seconds while running around the map.

It was terrible.

As someone else said, TC could have worked just fine, but SV didn't fix some very important issues with it. We just don't need them to be in MO2.

When they first announced MO2 and were kinda doing a Q&A in Discord...I asked what their biggest mistake of MO1 was. They said "Territory Control".
well refining tables allowed to the population isnt going to do that. Just dont have gold vendors and walls. No one wants free farming, you can put the tables outside.

If the game is not going to be a actual sandbox they need to stop getting peoples hopes up to just string us along and crush our hopes by repeasting the "full sandbox experience"

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
well refining tables allowed to the population isnt going to do that. Just dont have gold vendors and walls. No one wants free farming, you can put the tables outside.

If the game is not going to be a actual sandbox they need to stop getting peoples hopes up to just string us along and crush our hopes by repeasting the "full sandbox experience"
Theres a handfull of reasons someone would transport metals if player buildings had refining capacity specially when theres no sieging.

But when they don't have refining in buildings players have to transport shit to a town by either way to final processing.
That being the only way to get metals means players will eventually have to transport shit populating the world doing their tasks. Its the price for accessing wilderness off town resources and potentially isolated farming places, and specially in tephra areas for obvious reasons.
Putting a processing stage of metals in the streets seems like an interesting way to favor organic flow of players instead of metal stockpiling factores. Not saying it wouldnt have beneficial aspects aswell but i rather see people travelling than having convenient farming.

I don't see how a middle ground shouldn't be a possibility. I think it could be interesting something like small abandoned mining camps with refining an option for players in more or less isolated parts of myrland yet still NPC free to promote conflict.

And to be honest, i'd remove refining ovens from keeps until sieging is out and then i consider all buildings should have refining capacity.

Multi account + naked miners + pickeaxe + house chest + refining = 0 risk

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020

I feel like what you're wanting is coming with future TC. I dont imagine refining ovens always only being for keeps. If they are...its not a huge deal I suppose.

I dont know man. There are so many routes they could go with stuff...I just don't think its all going to make sense unfortunately. But I'm also a salty old vet who expects the worst because of their history.

If I had to guess...with how the game is going now...we are always going to be given half baked mechanics with a promise that future changes will correct them. Its an endless cycle. Even though Henrik specifically promised otherwise with his fresh start on MO2.

This is the company who removed the ability to ride horses encumbered without adding horse bags, after all....