For the love of god let us create second character without creating another steam account and buying the game again.

korteks

Feb 16, 2022
i had no problem paying 40$ for a 2nd character, especially to an indie studio that is doing something special, but once subs are activated, one of my characters is getting deleted, because paying for 2 subs is absurd.

Reactions: Atom and SkarKrow

Kaden

Feb 3, 2022
I'm in favor of creating 2 characters .... Then one has a greater desire to try more possibilities and abilities and it definitely adds to the fun ..... I don't know if 3 characters wouldn't be much, but as experienced players wrote here ..... they had more respect and enjoyed combining them ...... I hope the studio will find you listening

Reactions: Atom and SkarKrow

dexterr

Apr 3, 2022
Yes, please add another slot for character. Im a new player. At the moment im testing this game and already delited 2 characters since a newbie and didnt tested different builds and really dont know about this game much. Now im thinking about another build but i dont want to delete current character, because i might want to play it again if new build fails. Definitelly wont spend time to boost character with privious build again...
I guess live the game and find something other is will be easer for me than finding what character do i want to create
1 character option is very bad for newbies (

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Most players already have multiple 5 dollar Argentinian accounts if not bought the 40 dollar accounts from beta. The main difference is that the accounts are not rep tied and you have to change steam accounts.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Eh two characters would ruin the entire game. Just make an avlarin gatherer and log him out near some calx. Use the 10% gathering bonus. Never leave calx spot. Put all in chest. Have maxed out oghmir refiner alt take the calx and refine it with max lores and clades. Have a human you use just for be doing stuff for the class bonus. Have another character logged out at a chest you can login and loot. Another character just for ganking noobs. Etc. If they get rid of the one character limit not only will it kill the small economy we have but also ruin the point of point caps.

Reactions: Tloluvin

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Eh two characters would ruin the entire game. Just make an avlarin gatherer and log him out near some calx. Use the 10% gathering bonus. Never leave calx spot. Put all in chest. Have maxed out oghmir refiner alt take the calx and refine it with max lores and clades. Have a human you use just for be doing stuff for the class bonus. Have another character logged out at a chest you can login and loot. Another character just for ganking noobs. Etc. If they get rid of the one character limit not only will it kill the small economy we have but also ruin the point of point caps.
people already do that for only 5 bucks. The main difference is that you can log into him on geforce to trade your main which you could not do if they were both on the same account.

Reactions: Atom

Tzone

May 16, 2021
yeah once the population stops growing and SV thinks that they wont get more money out of double accounts then having two characters on a account we will start seeing multiple chars on one account with a price or just something to make keeping multiple accounts up more affordable.

Sertorius

Mar 22, 2022
yeah once the population stops growing and SV thinks that they wont get more money out of double accounts then having two characters on a account we will start seeing multiple chars on one account with a price or just something to make keeping multiple accounts up more affordable.

well then everything is fine, you just have to be able to wait... right?

a.out

May 28, 2020
The question is, would that cut down on the number of players willing to buy a second account, or would that simply double the number of character for everyone - meaning those that now have two will then have four characters.

Unpopular opinion, but I like the one-character policy. I mean, where do you stop? Two slots are not enough either to allow experiencing all the builds. I'd like to see something akin to soul stones instead, where you can store skillpoints for later retrieval or some such.

adrelik

Feb 8, 2022
Unpopular opinion, but I like the one-character policy. I mean, where do you stop? Two slots are not enough either to allow experiencing all the builds. I'd like to see something akin to soul stones instead, where you can store skillpoints for later retrieval or some such.
My primary criticism of the single character slot comes from being new to Mortal altogether. I want to try different builds/races etc but on a single account, single character that means deleting your char every time you want to try something new.

Maladore

Jan 26, 2022
I'll echo what many others have said. I'd happily pay for a 2nd character character slot if it meant I didn't have to deal with the headache of a 2nd steam account.

Reactions: Atom

a.out

May 28, 2020
My primary criticism of the single character slot comes from being new to Mortal altogether. I want to try different builds/races etc but on a single account, single character that means deleting your char every time you want to try something new.
I know what you mean, that's why I'd suggest different approaches like a mechanism to temporary store your skillpoints before you unlearn them.

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
I'd like 1 char on 1 server for many reasons. Mostly because of reputation of the player/ character and economy/ crafting dependencies of each other.
It would be a good feature for "Roleplay" aspects, but ufortunately this will always be exploited and is not controllable or restrictable.
Gamers will always min max, circumvent any restrictions and try to get an advantage over others who dont do it.
Therefore its good that people who want to do it pay extra and double.
Most players have 2-3 Accounts and dont care about Roleplay, consistent reputation or crafting dependencies.
Features like restricted crafting / limited Points are already softened compared to MO1 and will always be circumvented and not accepted as a "feature".
People may like to play different builds, but imho it destroys a lot of how the Game is intended to be played.
As 1 character on 1 Server, with responsibilities about the characters reputation, limitations and dependencies.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
My boy @Bladeer01 had the best idea: give us a second slot but let it be combat only. AHA! How u luv that.

lol @ Argentina.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
SV will cave once they start hurting financially.
if they had, you would have a cash shop by now.
While being in far worse predicament with mo1 for 10 years : they never caved.
the max they added was a donation goal system with forum titles.

D

Deleted member 44

if they had, you would have a cash shop by now.
While being in far worse predicament with mo1 for 10 years : they never caved.
the max they added was a donation goal system with forum titles.
They have before. Used to have only two character slots, then we got four.

1649081355557.png

500 of these players were AFK macroing at server down.

HandsomDan

Feb 16, 2022
All part of the plan... limit 1 character per account until initial sales drop off, causing the hardcore players to buy multiple accounts. Many people I know already have 3.

Then after some patch one day they open up a second character slot availability for a small fee call it 10$ or 15$ essentially reselling the same copy to everyone again.

Master level mischief marketing.