Food confusion

Kmanzor

Dec 11, 2021
I started out under the assumption that to gain weight I'd need to eat food beyond max reserves of either stam or health and that if I never reached max reserves of either I'd not gain weight...is this a false statement? I have to assume it is because I was eating fried pig or something and I went overweight but was not maxxed in reserves.

the help chat advised me that pig is "fat food" ok fine...so my question is what stat indicates whether something is fat food or health food? I thought it was just the number next to each nourishment listed with the item.

Generally speaking it seems to me as a noob that the goal is foods that efficiently raise reserves without consuming too much hunger...i.e. they fill you're reserves b4 hunger is gone. I'd just like to avoid messing up my characters weight so is meat generally avoided unless you wish to fatten up?

Please correct any false statements i made i wish to learn.
thanks- Kman

Reactions: SilentPony

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Not a food expert but I'm guessing they say to eat pig because it's cheap not because it's the most efficient method of gaining weight

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
I am also confused about the system. After several days of going under the reserves and dropping from 79 kg to 77 I ate a bit of low-health food to replenish stamina reserves a bit and somehow at some point gained 2kg back. I didn't even notice how.

Reactions: Kmanzor

Rhias

May 28, 2020
To my knowledge you gain only weight once you reached the reserve cap and you continue eating. Has been like this since MO1, and I'm not aware that they changed it recently.
Pig is one of the cheapest fat food's available. "Fat food" is generally all food which has a high health reserve values. But in theory you can gain weight by any food.

You loose weight by gaining gray bar (reserves below a certain threshold). One of the most efficient ways to loose weight is by suiciding, gaining gray bar, resting until the gray bar is gone again, and suicide again. Repeatedly suiciding without resting does not work, because you don't loose any more weight once your reserves reached 0.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
If the system that was in MO1 were to be imported to MO2, then theoretically you'd rest until you have zero fatigue (represented by a grey bar slowly increasing from the right of your health, stamina or mana bars), wait until your hunger reaches high levels, and then eat as much high health nourishment foods.

The way I raised or lower my weight would be to eat ambrosial fried pig meat to raise my weight, or grain and rice to lower it. The fried pig meat would be high in health nourishment, while the grain and rice would be high in stamina nourishment.

Just be aware that in MO2, if you were to gain or lose weight, your character would visually look obese or skinny to other players when they see you. Unlike in MO1 where it was a mere stat and your character's appearance remained the same.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
In MO2 your weight will go up when you fill your stamina reserves up even if your health reserves are not full. I have complained to the gm's, but I still don't know if they intend for it to be this way. It is perhaps the most frustrating thing that I see new players trying to master.

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
To try to help you visualize this I'll make up an example with fake numbers. I believe this is how it works but I agree that it's not very initiative and I'm not even sure how I've come to learn this anymore.

You're fit and weight 73kg and have
Health Reserves: 4022/4022
Stamina Reserves: 28044 / 29111

You want to gain weight so you eat food with high health nourishment (something like 28 health nourishment) while you're health reserves are still full. After doing this enough

You're stout and weight 79kg and have
Health Reserves: 4233/4233
Stamina Reserves: 28044 / 29111

Losing weight you want to rest your grey bar away and then suicide since this is the most extreme way of draining your reserves.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
In MO2 your weight will go up when you fill your stamina reserves up even if your health reserves are not full. I have complained to the gm's, but I still don't know if they intend for it to be this way. It is perhaps the most frustrating thing that I see new players trying to master.

Afaik it's when you either exceed health and or stamina reserves however, most people are never close to their stamina reserve caps unlike health, hence the pig "fat food" recommendation being common from the community.

Reactions: Raknor

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
I started out under the assumption that to gain weight I'd need to eat food beyond max reserves of either stam or health and that if I never reached max reserves of either I'd not gain weight...is this a false statement? I have to assume it is because I was eating fried pig or something and I went overweight but was not maxxed in reserves.

yes your statements are correct, you need to eat above max reserves of health or stam to gain weight.
the only way I can explain what happened is that you did not really observed your (max) reserves before and while eating but only after you went overweight, at which point the max reserves limit have changed (increased) to reflect your new weight level.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Afaik it's when you either exceed health and or stamina reserves however, most people are never close to their stamina reserve caps unlike health, hence the pig "fat food" recommendation being common from the community.
Yep. Some people gain weight accidentally though while eating water, etc. which has no health reserves and then are baffled as to why.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Just keep your health reserves above 40k do not try to get it max or you will go overweight. Its frustrating and very confusing. Unless you are human with the ability to rest and regain your reserves, it is very difficult to get max reserves on other races and risky.

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
Just keep your health reserves above 40k do not try to get it max or you will go overweight. Its frustrating and very confusing. Unless you are human with the ability to rest and regain your reserves, it is very difficult to get max reserves on other races and risky.
its actually worse for humans if they use that clade, since the health reserves go up much faster than stamina or mana. and you end up with always maxed health reserves so you cannot eat anything since everything has some health nourishment. and maxing stamina reserves with laying down takes like 20 minutes.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
its actually worse for humans if they use that clade, since the health reserves go up much faster than stamina or mana. and you end up with always maxed health reserves so you cannot eat anything since everything has some health nourishment. and maxing stamina reserves with laying down takes like 20 minutes.

Yeah mate, I agree. If you are human it’s best to just rest with the clade gift and avoid food entirely. Think we are saying the same thing. 😉

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia

Thats a bug right? If I am remembering right the description says it does not go up to full.

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
If things are balanced the same way as MO1, one of the best ways to gain weight was sophistication seafood. It weight gained like crazy. So eat a lot of black creft , and buy it by the stack from me at a reasonable price.

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
Thats a bug right? If I am remembering right the description says it does not go up to full.
Shamanistic :
Mana and health gain when resting is increased by 50% and you gain health, mana, and stamina reserves while resting

The reserves go up until maxxed. They go in higher ticks with gray bar, but after that the tick is 10 for all 3 reserves. But since health is around 4500 and stamina over 35000, health is maxed way before anything else. Working as intended I guess.

This wouldnt be a problem if we had some proper food ingredient with high direct poison or negative health nourishment to combine with our regular food.