Flux farm “non exploit”?

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
thats right, may as well farm the shit out of it, we got the permission slip. maybe eventually sv will get the memo

-barcode

Reactions: Pocketss

Pocketss

May 21, 2022
thats right, may as well farm the shit out of it, we got the permission slip. maybe eventually sv will get the memo

-barcode
I just don’t understand how it’s not an exploit. Only certain people can do it. And it’s killing the flux Econ. Why wasn’t this fixed as soon as reported?

Reactions: zers

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
where can i farm this? which spiritism skills and magery i need? :eek:

If they don't fix it should make it public so everyone can exploit it, otherwise is just the same shit than MO1 that people was encouraged to exploit to profit in secret.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Thats just SV being SV all over again, and again, and again, and again…

The real question is, why are we still here condoning and enabling this type of conduct?

Reactions: Pocketss

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
The question here is:
1) If this isn't an exploit, why is a patch to change it imminent, and why is SV on record saying it is not working as intended?
2) If this is an exploit, why isn't it a bannable offense?

Here are the acceptable options in this situation, in order of preference:
1) This is an exploit: Treat this as an exploit & hot-fix it immediately
2)This is an exploit: Since you can't hot-fix immediately, release a statement making it clear that this is an exploit and will be bannable until a patch is released to fix it, whereupon it will be announced that the mechanic is now working as intended and not subject to exploitation/bans.
3)This is not an exploit: let the economy work itself out & flux become heavily devalued when people realize it is now abundant

Whatever the case, SV sorely needs a public test server. Whoever the new QA guy is needs to badger the hell out of them to make this happen. It will be good for the game & his job security long-term.

On a side note, seriously, SV, hire me as your PR guy and stop letting whoever say whatever while representing you. Time and again, it just makes you look bad. Saying nothing would be preferable to being on record with this wishy-washy 'oh this isn't working as intended and we know about it but uhh... it's not an exploit... don't worry we're changing it next patch lol' line. The same is true with another recent community scandal. If you had reeled in who can divulge what to whom about what while representing you, it could have been completely avoided.

Last edited:

Pocketss

May 21, 2022
Thats just SV being SV all over again, and again, and again, and again…

The real question is, why are we still here condoning and enabling this type of conduct?
Seems it’s been going on over a month. SV knew about it. And the people who told SV were farming it and keeping it a secret. Just like dupes, held close to your chest.

I don’t know why the loot wasn’t adjusted asap. Certain people used it to get rich and help destroy the flux economy, and at a certain level the game economy.

Reactions: Tzone

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
The question here is:
1) If this isn't an exploit, why is a patch to change it imminent, and why is SV on record saying it is not working as intended?
2) If this is an exploit, why isn't it a bannable offense?

Here are the acceptable options in this situation, in order of preference:
1) This is an exploit: Treat this as an exploit & hot-fix it immediately
2)This is an exploit: Since you can't hot-fix immediately, release a statement making it clear that this is an exploit and will be bannable until a patch is released to fix it, whereupon it will be announced that the mechanic is now working as intended and not subject to exploitation/bans.
3)This is not an exploit: let the economy work itself out & flux become heavily devalued when people realize it is now abundant

Whatever the case, SV sorely needs a public test server. Whoever the new QA guy is needs to badger the hell out of them to make this happen. It will be good for the game & his job security long-term.

On a side note, seriously, SV, hire me as your PR guy and stop letting whoever say whatever while representing you. Time and again, it just makes you look bad. Saying nothing would be preferable to being on record with this wishy-washy 'oh this isn't working as intended and we know about it but uhh... it's not an exploit... don't worry we're changing it next patch lol' line. The same is true with another recent community scandal. If you had reeled in who can comment to whom about what while representing the company, it could have been completely avoided.

They don't need a PR to lie better, the need development structure and stop promishing bullshit. But yeah for real, PR would be nice tho. Someone to coach Henrique to at least look sharp.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaquenqos

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Robmo says its not but then says he doesn't think its intended because they will change it. Just doesn't know whats going on but still jumps to conclusions.

Just bad PR man, CM doesnt know what hes talking about but still doubles down on stuff before he gets the correct information from Discord or Henrik.

Reactions: tal0s

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
Robmo says its not but then says he doesn't think its intended because they will change it. Just doesn't know whats going on but still jumps to conclusions.

Just bad PR man, CM doesnt know what hes talking about but still doubles down on stuff before he gets the correct information from Discord or Henrik.
Hes a character thats for sure

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021

Hey, I feel like I know what I am talking about it. We brought this to the dev team day one. They have adjusted for the next Patch. My wording was poor in that sentence you used. Since they are changing it, it was working in the way they expected. However, SV is not punishing players for how the loot simply drops. The players engaging in the flux farming are simply playing the game and doing nothing wrong. That is all I have to say about it.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
-sigh- Since i can't edit posts and i haven't had my coffee yet, let me correct my sentence.

"Since they are changing it, it was NOT working in the way they expected"

Reactions: Melkhia

Tzone

May 16, 2021
-sigh- Since i can't edit posts and i haven't had my coffee yet, let me correct my sentence.

"Since they are changing it, it was NOT working in the way they expected"
using the mechanics spiritism has to allow players to respawn in dungeons to fight bosses that were intended to not reset healths after fights to continue to whiddle down the bosses health to solo it was unexpected by SV. No bugs used but still you were going off about unintended this and that trying to do a GMs job.

Now you are trying to say that using a bug which allows players who farm the same boss spirit to all get loot drop is not unintended its unexpected.

You said that since its getting changed that its probably unintended weeks ago and then said the same thing yesterday. But now you need to change what you said because you had no coffee this morning?

Reactions: cerqo and tal0s

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
using the mechanics spiritism has to allow players to respawn in dungeons to fight bosses that were intended to not reset healths after fights to continue to whiddle down the bosses health to solo it was unexpected by SV. No bugs used but still you were going off about unintended this and that trying to do a GMs job.

Now you are trying to say that using a bug which allows players who farm the same boss spirit to all get loot drop is not unintended its unexpected.

You said that since its getting changed that its probably unintended weeks ago and then said the same thing yesterday. But now you need to change what you said because you had no coffee this morning?
The story of mortal online,they just wanted a few to access the exploit, because they know they can't and won't enforce anything about it.
That being unintended and letting a few just grind the fuck outa it makes me remember to watered down potions in MO1, they said they would ban you but they had no way to enforce it. And obviously many more scenarios.

This what's legal and what's not thing being communicated by a player in such informal ways is the kind of mistake that shouldnt happen and much less in hands of a player, nothing against Robmo but it's definitely SVs fault.

If it's unintended should be hotfixed a day after is out not months after a small minority exlploited all that, otherwise SV is encouraging that behavior.

They need a critical bugreport/fix structure for after release patch. The way they fixed bags in haven after not testing anyone could put stuff in bags and bypass transport limitations.

Last edited:
Reactions: cerqo and tal0s

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'm sorry, doods, but everyone who is exploiting in MO is a bitch, even if they are only doing it because everyone else is. I think Sv contributes to this by being easy on people or ignoring things out right, but yea I mean it takes a lot to do what you are doing. Maybe devs are hoping the gold sink levels out the economy? heh.

If you guys could just step in and stop stuff like this from happening when it happens... to be like yea they are doing something unintended but it's not wrong. OUR BAD. Nah that's not acceptable. This is the kinda stuff that bothers me about MO, because it goes even deeper than just casual play style like mine. It's ruining the game.