Flagging System in its current state is very bad..

Tiddly

Mar 31, 2021
Firstly - I want to state it was pretty bad to begin with considering the ONLY places to learn knowledge currently is blue towns. That along with the only Lawless area that has any crafting currently is GK which is by no means a fun experience to be in its current state. Being labelled a murderer is probably the most painful ways to cripple your experience so far as you had to deal with the following..

• Killing blues (currently) leaves the blue a plethora of opportunity to ruin current and future skirmishes.
    • You can wait hours before a report comes in and negatively impacts you. There was a circumstance where I went offline for a day only to come back the next day for my character to be reported.
    • Blues can tactically spawn in ANY region and force a Reputation Hit for that region's faction. In some instances even causing their home region to despise them. (ex. Raiding Meduli but all the blues go to Vadda to report you, causing Khurites to in most cases detest you.
  • Blues don't receive any Criminal Status for attacking Reds in town, often resorting to targeted killing and eventual spawn-killing at the nearby Red Priest.
    • The worst thing about this? REDS CAN'T FIGHT BACK - AT ALL. The moment they do, they become a criminal and are then insta-killed by guards. Their only way to reduce the impact of this problem is being naked, which means very little when you can be spawn-camped.
    • Many clans (including my own) have re-rolled characters to do the same thing, which I consider an exploit. An exploit that's not avoidable and one of the best ways to grief people into re-rolling or leaving the town completely.
Now with this update. Unintentionally or intentionally, it made this entire mechanic much worse..

• Your horse is now considered Red if you are. The funniest thing about this is that guards will kill your horse the moment you decide to get off of it.
    • This mechanic in mind, this also makes leashing guards even easier as the guards follow the horse given you remain close.
  • Any healing spell to a Red entity (yes, even your horse) makes you a criminal.
    • These Reds don't even have the Criminal Status either. Apparently every guard in the world considers you public enemy #1 the moment you try to heal a Red player who's trying to rush to his bank while a group of re-rolls are shanking him in the back.
So far, I was really hoping there would be changes made to flagging with this patch considering the biggest point for the recent patch was to fix exploits and bugs, but this kept the current problem while also adding something that makes playing a Red so punishing that it's pointless to be involved in any PvP unless you're hit first. All I see with the current system is it being detrimental unless there are improvements/fixes planned soon or a completely different mechanic considered in the future. I really hope I'm not the only one who thinks the current state of PVP is sort of f*cked up.

StreamerLord

Dec 2, 2020
Hey bud take it easy on SV it's not like they have 10 years of experience with this sort of thing. It's almost like MO1 never existed and they are learning to make this type of game for this first time.

• Haha
Reactions: Evelyn and Eldrath

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Your points are valid but your rage is not. It is just not finished, regardless of how long it takes to finish they just have not done that yet. The game is in beta, and until they start talking about a release date or something like that you really should not be mad if the game is unfinished.

The thing is, people are actually talking about persistence for some stupid reason when this game is CLEARLY no where near a release date. If you can help tell these morons to calm down and stop trying to force the game into a premature release I believe the game will be better in the long run.

Tiddly

Mar 31, 2021
While I agree with that being upset doesn’t help my point, it’s awfully frustrating to be involved in the bigger part of the content the current state of play offers. I understand it’s not fully-implemented, which is why I’m making feedback which although negative is pointing out major flaws; thankfully one point hopefully being fixed with the hotfix tonight.

I don’t mean to come out too salty, sorry about that.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
While I agree with that being upset doesn’t help my point, it’s awfully frustrating to be involved in the bigger part of the content the current state of play offers. I understand it’s not fully-implemented, which is why I’m making feedback which although negative is pointing out major flaws; thankfully one point hopefully being fixed with the hotfix tonight.

I don’t mean to come out too salty, sorry about that.
its all good bro, it is not fun dealing with these unfinished/buggy systems. We just have to take a step back and cool off. go play something else for a while or get a snack and watch some youtube for a bit. Whatever takes your mind off it. Then hop back in and find more bugs/issues.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
No, you have every right to be upset and disappointed. The criminal flagging system is not a fresh new concept that this company has never worked on before. The game is in a sorry state right now, and while I'm sure it will be improved the players are rightfully upset because they still care enough to see it changed.

Reactions: Slyy

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
its definitely a case of squeaky wheel gets the oil. if you complain hard enough (legitimate complaints, not things that break the game's fundamental design like 'i want 3rd person view') then maybe your issue will be given more priority

-barcode

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
    • You can wait hours before a report comes in and negatively impacts you. There was a circumstance where I went offline for a day only to come back the next day for my character to be reported.

I think they have only 20mins before being unable to report you with the current patch.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Although it is only in beta, it is pretty pitiful that the system is so broken. I really hope that their next big update will go really in depth to fix this CORE function to the game.

The flagging system is something that I would argue is of equal importance as the combat system itself.