Fishing

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
Im assuming that the right click action has no use after hooking a fish.

I suggest that it do more during the fighting process. I understand the mechanic for letting the fish have line, but with many fish that have large soft mouths when allowed too much line, the hook will displace. Hopefully, there can be a "Set-Hook" stat, where if we allow too much line, the "hook-setting" will need to be reset by rick clicking and holding it taunt for a while. The sleeker fish seem to have thicker mouths and often times swallow the hook, so maybe they would have the Strongest Set Hook Variable.

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
IYou gotta right click when the fish really tugs instead of just letting them have line. *almost* exactly as you're describing :)

You can even hold down left-click through the whole reeling process. Then also right click when it really tugs (this auto-stops your reeling). Then when the fish calms a bit, let go of right click and you'll go right back to reeling.

Last edited:

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
IYou gotta right click when the fish really tugs instead of just letting them have line. *almost* exactly as you're describing :)

You can even hold down left-click through the whole reeling process. Then also right click when it really tugs (this auto-stops your reeling). Then when the fish calms a bit, let go of right click and you'll go right back to reeling.
Ive heard both versions now. That when they start to struggle, let go and let them have the line. Wolfzeit said let them have line and only you've said right click so far.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Ive heard both versions now. That when they start to struggle, let go and let them have the line. Wolfzeit said let them have line and only you've said right click so far.
from my testing you can hold right click and hold/release left click or do it the other way around. either way works.

The real thing that needs more testing is fishing speed due to left clicking during the struggle. Sometimes I can just hold it down and power through, causing me to reel the fish in extremely fast, but other times it will break after one millisecond of reeling during the struggle.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
I might have it partially figured out. I think the strength of the fish is the unknown here. Right click probably doesnt work on the stronger fish, and we have to let them have line when fighting. So, if a strong fish is on the line, holding right click wont relieve the tension of the line and it should keep giving the tension sound que.
I think right click is working for the smaller fish, bc they arent strong enough to cause extra tension on the line.