Fish encyclopedia

Virin

Nov 20, 2020
The people who have given out "Secrets" they are not really secrets at all. Though hey, who knows what people will find next.
My issue right now is people keep hinting to streamers or people who want to make videos on this stuff. We didn't really have to worry about this kind of thing in mo1. And I'm not talking about just fishing either. I think mostly because nobody streamed back then. Everybody wants to be internet famous these days, but hey keep throwing out information and fishing and other things will be nerfed into the ground just like what happened in mo1. I really have no problem with people figuring out things for themselves but it's disappointing to me how eager some people can be to give out information.

Reactions: SegaPhoenix

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
My issue right now is people keep hinting to streamers or people who want to make videos on this stuff. We didn't really have to worry about this kind of thing in mo1. And I'm not talking about just fishing either. I think mostly because nobody streamed back then. Everybody wants to be internet famous these days, but hey keep throwing out information and fishing and other things will be nerfed into the ground just like what happened in mo1. I really have no problem with people figuring out things for themselves but it's disappointing to me how eager some people can be to give out information.
Sharing information makes it more likely that others will share as well. The whole point of exchanging information like this is to learn how to be better fishers. I see no issue with trying to as a whole solve the puzzle that they gave us. One person probably does not have enough time to do it themselves.

Virin

Nov 20, 2020
Sharing information makes it more likely that others will share as well. The whole point of exchanging information like this is to learn how to be better fishers. I see no issue with trying to as a whole solve the puzzle that they gave us. One person probably does not have enough time to do it themselves.
I agree with you to an extent. Share it to others that have dedicated time to the craft and exchange information for information. Not do it openly on the forums. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people reference this forum post. Do it in a closed off and monitored discord that's invite only.

Now everybody and their kid knows how to catch black whiskerfish and meduli economy is so fucked right now it's not even funny. I guarantee you it will get nerfed.

Cddizzym

Aug 28, 2021
Black whiskerfish was going to be found out easily. Its literally so easy to catch in all honestly that im not surprised.

The way I do fishing right now is tip for tip or trade for trade. Fishing and giving knowledge is fine but you got to make sure an exchange is happening. Atleast what I think about it

Reactions: Goremor

Virin

Nov 20, 2020
Black whiskerfish was going to be found out easily. Its literally so easy to catch in all honestly that im not surprised.

The way I do fishing right now is tip for tip or trade for trade. Fishing and giving knowledge is fine but you got to make sure an exchange is happening. Atleast what I think about it

It's found out as easily as everything else is. Guarantee you 90% of people wouldn't know about it if it weren't for people's big mouths.

Cddizzym

Aug 28, 2021
It's found out as easily as everything else is. Guarantee you 90% of people wouldn't know about it if it weren't for people's big mouths.

Me and a few guildies found out about it when messing with hooks. So I will totally say its not that hard. Those fucks bite just about anything to be honest.

Virin

Nov 20, 2020
Me and a few guildies found out about it when messing with hooks. So I will totally say its not that hard. Those fucks bite just about anything to be honest.
That's fine. No need to tell the whole server though.

Like I said it will get nerfed because too many people are doing it.

Last edited:

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
You're fighting for a lost cause here i'm afraid. 99.9% successful fishermen may want to keep the stuff secret, but takes just one to ruin the whole plan. And the more popular the game is, the more people you have to worry about - and we all want this game to be popular.

Virin

Nov 20, 2020
You're fighting for a lost cause here i'm afraid. 99.9% successful fishermen may want to keep the stuff secret, but takes just one to ruin the whole plan. And the more popular the game is, the more people you have to worry about - and we all want this game to be popular.
I guess we are in a new age where people don't understand the wealth of knowledge and everyone wants to be internet famous. It's unfortunate. You would get beaten senseless and priest camped in mo1 for so easily sharing information.

Reactions: LazyJuice

Runaljod

Jan 3, 2021
I guess we are in a new age where people don't understand the wealth of knowledge and everyone wants to be internet famous. It's unfortunate. You would get beaten senseless and priest camped in mo1 for so easily sharing information.
I don't think there's anything wrong with sharing information about a craft. It's bad enough that there are MO1 players who know everything about it already so it's hardly a fair advantage going into launch with so much profit potential.

Let me ask you this: Do areas overfished by too many people yield slower/less bites? Because if not all it's going to take is one knowledgeable fisherman in a guild to equip a sizeable group with the right information to kick the economy in the face real fast in persistence.

Last edited:

Virin

Nov 20, 2020
I don't think there's anything wrong with sharing information about a craft. It's bad enough that there are MO1 players who know everything about it already so it's hardly a fair advantage going into launch with so much profit potential.
I'm going to assume that you didn't play mo1 and if you did correct me.

Bad enough? Do you have any idea how many hours people put into figuring things out? Steel, cronite..potions..ogh weren't even a thing for a while. That took actual players to figure out how to make it.

And you just want it handed to you?

Apsalar

May 31, 2020

Bad enough? Do you have any idea how many hours people put into figuring things out? Steel, cronite..potions..ogh weren't even a thing for a while. That took actual players to figure out how to make it.

Tapii was kept secret for few years. But it wasnt health as nobody used it.

Runaljod

Jan 3, 2021

I did play MO1 but as a casual. I never touched fishing back then. I understand it took a long time to discover these things but most of what you mentioned is publicly shared information now. Anyone can easily find out how to extract/refine any known resources, learn baseline alchemy, what materials make good bows, etc. Fishing is an outlier as there is no real database on how to get any initial value out of the profession, but there is information out there with enough people to use it for massive profits at persistence launch. I guess I would just like to see fishing be more useful/approachable to a new player picking it up like refining and armorcrafting are today.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
i dont get why people get so butthurt about people sharing discoveries they have made. it would be a different issue if the person was told such secrets in confidence and they blabbed it to the public, but i dont think thats whats going on here

I havent found any silk ray nor blood kua but maybe i'm just not fishing in the right spot

-barcode

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info

Sounds like this poll fits into the topic, please vote everyone whos interested in fishing

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
i dont get why people get so butthurt about people sharing discoveries they have made. it would be a different issue if the person was told such secrets in confidence and they blabbed it to the public, but i dont think thats whats going on here

I havent found any silk ray nor blood kua but maybe i'm just not fishing in the right spot

-barcode
Because it takes away from the profession as a whole. After every fishing secret is documented and publicly available, it only takes 100pts in fishing (which isn't much even with normal rates) and you're just as good as someone who dedicated weeks or months into it. It all comes down to skill points and you can't be a #1 fisherman (or an alchemist, or whatever) through patience and dedication. Can't be known for being a great fisherman in the same sense you can be known for being great at PvP, and hey wouldn't that be nice?

It also just makes things less interesting. No more the need to explore, just follow the guide and you're golden. And if you choose not to follow the guide, you're gimping yourself because the rest of the playerbase follows it. Curiosity, patience, and desire to find out stuff for yourself isn't rewarded but punished. It's as if outcome of a PvP was dictated only by your gear, your build, and RNG, and not your personal skill (and ping yeah). This is just wrong and i believe that wasn't the developer's intention.

Virin

Nov 20, 2020

Sounds like this poll fits into the topic, please vote everyone whos interested in fishing
Pockets, I know you played MO1. Im surprised you are even considering this.