Field Crafting

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
Would be nice to create a basic workbench in the wilderness without visiting a town. Kind of like the pioneer feeling you get in Minecraft, if that makes sense. It might be fun if there was a basic wooden workbench that could be made, perhaps thru Combination or a Skill that can be gained and advanced without book-training. For instance, wood and stone tools would be the first step, then stone-age weapons could be possible, simple bow and arrows, stone furnace/kilin, or other necessities like light-bearing items. Maybe you could tinker away until you gain a primary skill in something without needing a book. In MO1 if you died and spawned or wandered someplace remote and interesting, you you had to go to a town to get contracts and skill training for any of that to my knowledge. Do you think crafting will have anything like described, or will it be essentially workbenches like before? It's probably a ways off but I wonder?

Last edited:

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
There will be housing system where you will have an option to add benches to your hut ;) Nothing else is needed.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
Sounds good, I'm not picky on any specifics, but if it creates that pioneering feel, it could definitely be interesting then.