Feedback for Feedback Sake

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
I had to quit playing bc of burnout do to; searching for rare pickables.
I'm enjoying every moment I jump on, theres just not enough pickables to keep me from falling asleep while searching. Not that the game is boring, I work odd hours and it makes me sleepy.

Thats all the feedback, now for some observations.

-I dont like how everyone, including members of SV discourage solo play. If someone shows the slightest interest in being independent, that should be encouraged too. I'd recommend guilds have a tier system, where you have to learn how to do things before you become a part of those things. Written or verbal tests would suffice.

-
I luv the Haven direction. I hate the no cash shop direction.
I've said this once before and stand by it; this is a simulation and the developers are playing the game too. Thats "god/subject interaction" from an RP stance. If the GODs can RP with their subjects, then let their subjects RP from their desk, walk into a portal and tithe for tomes of knowledge. Of course the most sacred books are priceless to the GODs.

-My stance on bows.
Something has to represent tendon strength bc tendons are worked through dexterous actions, NOT WEIGHT TRAINING. The strongest tendons in humans come from being a baby/toddler and acting like a monkey, holding onto stuff and swinging, not throwing large boulders around. That would stunt grow and promote strength over dexterity, favouring the muscles over the tendons. I am completely fine with the dexterous contribution to MMO2 avatars thus far because the strength component adds an very fun variable and its not worth changing right now. I recommend only one thing. Over time slowly minimize strength contribution to bows by adding armor penetration variables.
A decent starting point would be; a Zero Armor Opponent takes 100 damage from the best arrows and the weakest feasible (kill draw weight) killing bow.
I think, from personal experience in practice, 40LBS of draw would kill a small human, 60-75LBS for a strong adult male human @30meters (using the best arrows). Adding other variables such as raw physical size of the target would need to be considered (thinking Thursar rib thickness) then all that would have to be applied across all creatures which would be __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

-
Speed needs to be reworked.
The fastest sprinter in the world vs a dude in max armor weight should not be able to take an almost step for step start (I think I remember hearing thats being worked on). Armor weight affecting momentum and such. If worked on now, Id foreseer glitches were thered be zero speed armor calculation bugs out and about.

-
I havent seen a nausea affect and/or effect yet.
That worries me a little. It was a cool little thing in MO1.

-
The game failing has never registered on my radar(only 500 people playing wouldnt be a failure to me). Ive come to realize that I should also consider what others consider to be a failure of the game.
With that in mind, it does change how I think and feel about the game. Exploring that thott process Id like to say just one thing thats a little out of character for me to explore. What if the game "fails".
Well, Id say, do weird promotionals, like, "win a chance to fly around the world" and actually be able to understand the map;) Give the winner wax wings that melt in a hour.
Or, be a mega skeleton that a player summons, made up of hundreds of skeletons "I ripped that off of some Mandarin schema".
Be Zeus for a day?

-
Pickables seem to be in much confinement.
I'd like to see "migrating spawns".
Take salvia for example, you have the main positions the patches spawn in. Set up multiple nearby spawns (maybe 100 meters circumference) away from the main spawn. If the main spawn is picked, have the backups ready to randomly pop up. This would give the illusion of natural plant migration.
A side thott; after the secondary is picked, have a 75% chance for the main patch to spawn again or it goes to another secondary or both.

-
Kelly is the best thing to happen to MO2 and I dont understand why there is so much hate.
After warbands of hungry, drunk, Molva riding Ohgmirs start stashing their war spoils at the Meduli banks, you're going to be screaming, "KELLYs UNITE"!!!

Snasen

May 28, 2020
Interesting take on armor and acceleration. Would be harder for a heavy fighter to sticky mages if they are tricky with their movement, but will make lighter armor part of the meta for fighters too.

Id love to see how it would work out in battles.

Reactions: Tzone and Avenoma

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Acceleration would be a cool mechanic but mainstream player will say its "clunky" "unresponsive" When they start playing the game they wont be in heavy armor.

You can add acceloration based on weight and make them feel like juggernauts. Similar to the feel you got playing in the big daddy suit in the first bioshock games.