Extraction and Fishing..is it possible?

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
So im still learning alot of stuff from this game so i understand that i cannot have all skills maxed out but mining and fishing were always my fav professions in other MMO's..will i be able to make the steel,cronite and the best of the best stuff while have maxed out fishing?
Also , would be fishing be good without butchering or just less effective?

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
you probably could because fishing itself is only 100 points but if you want to butcher and extract then maybe not, to refine to steel its 500p and youll need roughly 500p extra for butching them

Reactions: Ladupes

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
you probably could because fishing itself is only 100 points but if you want to butcher and extract then maybe not, to refine to steel its 500p and youll need roughly 500p extra for butching them
But is fishing something that can hold on alone or need butchering?
Also, just from pure money point of view, is steel the best product or atleast the most efficient to be done? Past that its not something that i can sell that easy?
Cuz most extravtions guides people say that steel is the best metal..

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
But is fishing something that can hold on alone or need butchering?
Also, just from pure money point of view, is steel the best product or atleast the most efficient to be done? Past that its not something that i can sell that easy?
Cuz most extravtions guides people say that steel is the best metal..
most fish are worth more when butches and have crafting Mats but you can sell just the carcass to a vendor for money. unless you spend a lot of time figuring out how to fish good stuff it is not that profitable. steel isnt the best but just a standard i suppose. 24 stacks of granum for a stack of steel, 300 stacks for a stack of tungsteel (next best)

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I haven't had an extractor in months but did a ton of mining. I would feed the raw stone to an extractor. All it took is 100 petrology. Same concept with fishing. If you have a friend who can butcher you only need the fishing skills then you feed the fish to your butcher friend.

Extractor/refiner however is a full character build. If you specialize in doing it well, it doesn't leave much of anything left over. Extractor by itself is not. You can free up a few points by not being a refiner which could then be used to get fishing (Or mammalia and management if this is a character sometimes used in combat)

Reactions: Balvrikk