Even Disneyland Had a Rough Start

MasterRipTyde

Jan 28, 2022
After sitting in queue for more than 12 hours yesterday where I the program crashed multiple times, and I've already started the timer today too; I can say that I have gotten into the character screen once in that time. After a hand full of failed attempts to log in from there, the system pushed me back into the queue.

Now, like many of you, I have been playing MMO's for over 20 years. Every game has its bugs, and every patch seems to break 2x's the amount of things they fix. The Nerf bat sucks, holiday content seems geared towards the aesthetic player who pays for appearance items anyways, and raid times take too long with too little loot. That's the world of MMO's in my humble opinion. So, what has everyone's undies in a knot? (Rhetorical question)

After having been part of the alpha crew for New World, and having watched that game implode, let's be fair, it had some serious potential, I think it safe to speak for most of us here and say, we had really hoped for more in general. So, the ride doesn't work, and Walt froze on TV. I think what we are after is 1) a little validation for being a part of the starting crowd 2) a little more visible help coming from the tech team. (There are sound suggestions out here in the general forums to help improve the hardware/software side of this game. 3) The reassurance that this game won't succumb to its superficial wounds early on, and will be that game we are really hoping it to be. 4) A little more bang for our buck. I've read posts saying, "This game wasn't ready for launch" or "This game needs a complete do-over wipe it, reboot it, etc."It doesn't really need a wipe, as much as it just needs the engine to turn over and run.

If I was to try and narrow all the complaints and suggestions down to a simple one liner it would go a little something like this; Hey devs, the game didn't launch like you wanted, and its rubbed some of us the wrong way. Any idea when you might have this issue fixed, and what are you doing about the issue so that it doesn't happen again? Thanks, your players.

plutus

May 28, 2020
After sitting in queue for more than 12 hours yesterday where I the program crashed multiple times, and I've already started the timer today too; I can say that I have gotten into the character screen once in that time. After a hand full of failed attempts to log in from there, the system pushed me back into the queue.

Now, like many of you, I have been playing MMO's for over 20 years. Every game has its bugs, and every patch seems to break 2x's the amount of things they fix. The Nerf bat sucks, holiday content seems geared towards the aesthetic player who pays for appearance items anyways, and raid times take too long with too little loot. That's the world of MMO's in my humble opinion. So, what has everyone's undies in a knot? (Rhetorical question)

After having been part of the alpha crew for New World, and having watched that game implode, let's be fair, it had some serious potential, I think it safe to speak for most of us here and say, we had really hoped for more in general. So, the ride doesn't work, and Walt froze on TV. I think what we are after is 1) a little validation for being a part of the starting crowd 2) a little more visible help coming from the tech team. (There are sound suggestions out here in the general forums to help improve the hardware/software side of this game. 3) The reassurance that this game won't succumb to its superficial wounds early on, and will be that game we are really hoping it to be. 4) A little more bang for our buck. I've read posts saying, "This game wasn't ready for launch" or "This game needs a complete do-over wipe it, reboot it, etc."It doesn't really need a wipe, as much as it just needs the engine to turn over and run.

If I was to try and narrow all the complaints and suggestions down to a simple one liner it would go a little something like this; Hey devs, the game didn't launch like you wanted, and its rubbed some of us the wrong way. Any idea when you might have this issue fixed, and what are you doing about the issue so that it doesn't happen again? Thanks, your players.
To add to that would be a little more update transparency. People just want information about updates. Especially for a game that is as broken as this one right now.