End the Spins

• Thread starter Deleted member 44
  • Start date
D

Dracu

It cant be fixxed by a speed limiter... well it can but the required turnspeed cap is insane and extremly limiting like it really really is.

The only chill way imo to fix spinning is not by turncaps... but by adding better alternatives that are more reliant and discourage spinning as an attack "style"(?) Spinning is only necessary because there are no alternatives.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I'm for a turn limit(just not as extreme as last time, granted it didnt bother me too much but it did feel a bit overdone when they tried it), the limit should still be pretty high. OR, what id prefer is that at least they make turning quickly be processed differently(visually) for other people.
Multiple quick 360s or 180 back and forth would just look like the guy doing a much slower circle or looking back and forth rather than 1:1 for what is actually going on.

Bypass telegraphing crowd shitposting in 3.... 2... 1...

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Swing morphing is pretty much the only skillful thing left in the combat.

remove that and the game would be basically unplayable

I would however be in favour of an immense amount of resistance on weapons like the first ever turn cap. The problem again that was too skillbased for players and it had to be terminated promptly.

Withengar

Mar 31, 2021
Where is the skill in setting a macro to increase your dpi when you left click? I refuse to believe people are playing with extremely high dpi all the time, we talking about making 3 turns in less than a second and landing the hit before your opponent even falls back.

It looks ridiculous, and its just frustrating to fight against it because it is not a skill, it is simply increasing your dpi. I’ve tried convincing people to try the game and literally whenever they saw someone do that 360 spin in a duel they just went wtf is that shit.

Get it out of the game. Morphing exists already and its ridiculous enough when you stare at the floor to avoid handle hits and mix right attack with upper.

A solution would be to reduce parry window. Same with increasing damage received based on weapon size difference. It is physically impossible to parry a claymore with a dagger. Not when its right above your head and you are using such a small mass to do it. There are such inventions which would supposedly grab and hold the blade or even break it, but they never took off for a reason. They were way too unreliable. In MO, you can parry with a breadstick and take 0 damage.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Morphs which many rely on high speed moments are the upper end of skill play.

Why stop spinning? I only see a couple of people use them and have not recently seen them used. Doing 360s doesnt really make the swing hard to parry, it might confuse the unpracticed thats about it.

I dont spin or turn fast at all because I need lower sensitivity to aim with bows. I have turned it up quite a but still way more then what I want to use for aiming. I still dont see why you need to get rid of it especially when it would lower the skill ceiling a lot. People say add kicks ect... but I cant see those as being near as high mechanical skill as morphs.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
I'm all for adding a turn speed cap (only the rate of turning, not the total turning amount) and only on the release of a swing. However, we would need more parry break mechanics or additional combat mechanics to add a higher skill cap to melee. Removing spins without improving on other aspects of combat is not going to go down well.

Reactions: Dracu

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
Spinning (with weapon out) should result in some kind of dizziness, like blurred vision or hindered running. For a second or 2. As would happen IRL when trying to replicate those crazy spins.

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020
Spins already have a turn limiter. Without the current spins and current method of feinting there would be no viable way to bypass defense making the already low skill floor to blocking more notable. There's nothing wrong with the current turn speed. Duel more and learn melee combat.

Not a problem. Skill issue.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Hahahaha, i was typing out a lengthy response but honestly ill refrain.

If you ACTUALLY think that someone would fuck with their DPI, mid play then power to you my man, start making your macros and lets see your performance HAHAHAHAH.

Also sounds like kids need to buy a bigger desk, 800 DPI, 18% ingame sense, no problem turning?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Hahahaha, i was typing out a lengthy response but honestly ill refrain.

If you ACTUALLY think that someone would fuck with their DPI, mid play then power to you my man, start making your macros and lets see your performance HAHAHAHAH.

Also sounds like kids need to buy a bigger desk, 800 DPI, 18% ingame sense, no problem turning?
I was playing 2% at 800, but I hadnt played PC for a long time before so my arm was weak. Hopefully I can get back down to low sense.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
Some people actually think people are using macros in fights to spin and shit.

lmao

Kameyo

Aug 14, 2020
Some people actually think people are using macros in fights to spin and shit.
Anti cheat has no issue if you are using autohotkey to move the mouse, 360 spin macros have been around for a long time in other games. Try google find out for yourself. And yes people do use them and other macros for pvp advantages is this game.

I might make you burn a bunch of stam if you move the mouse to fast with a weapon out. But SV does not care and they have huge problems with the server crashing.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Where is the skill in setting a macro to increase your dpi when you left click? I refuse to believe people are playing with extremely high dpi all the time, we talking about making 3 turns in less than a second and landing the hit before your opponent even falls back.

It looks ridiculous, and its just frustrating to fight against it because it is not a skill, it is simply increasing your dpi. I’ve tried convincing people to try the game and literally whenever they saw someone do that 360 spin in a duel they just went wtf is that shit.

Get it out of the game. Morphing exists already and its ridiculous enough when you stare at the floor to avoid handle hits and mix right attack with upper.

A solution would be to reduce parry window. Same with increasing damage received based on weapon size difference. It is physically impossible to parry a claymore with a dagger. Not when its right above your head and you are using such a small mass to do it. There are such inventions which would supposedly grab and hold the blade or even break it, but they never took off for a reason. They were way too unreliable. In MO, you can parry with a breadstick and take 0 damage.
I think the people that do this are both obvious, and bad.

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
I use mouse sensitivity 60% with 1150 DPI. Have always been a wrist based high sens player in first person games. Can spin just fine with 2 inch of movement and remain accurate when not. Thats 1x 360 though, not sure who is doing 3x 360s like @Withengar says. Nobody needs macros for spins.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Anti cheat has no issue if you are using autohotkey to move the mouse, 360 spin macros have been around for a long time in other games. Try google find out for yourself. And yes people do use them and other macros for pvp advantages is this game.

I might make you burn a bunch of stam if you move the mouse to fast with a weapon out. But SV does not care and they have huge problems with the server crashing.
Please let people use autohotkey to macro spins. It really does nothing but hinders them. Its really not hard to just look in a 360 and there is not reason to ahk. Maybe people should start doing 360 spins in duels and get good at them before making suggestions to remove them.

People dont like spinning not because its unfair to play against, but because it ruins their preconceived notions of realism and roleplay.

The only good duelist I see do 360spins in snasen and because hes messing around, not that hes attempting to tryhard.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I'm not trained at this spinning stuff. I was fighting someone else at Jungle camp who was also not able to spin. The fight would have lasted basically forever.

I really dislike spins, but right now there are few other ways to finish an 1 vs 1 against an equally skilled oponent.

Edit: In before comment "PVP should not be balanced around 1 vs 1".

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
What if... when you turn for more than 360 degrees under 2 second you deal half the damage you normally would for a few seconds?