Easier Toggle for different Weapon Combinations

Bathor

Sep 16, 2020
Hi folks,
I made the suggestion a while back Mortal Royale, so I might as well throw it in here:

I would love to see a way to toggle between weapons more easily! The MO1 way of doing things was changing your main weapon by bound hotkey which was connected to a delay, lots of "Can't do this yet" and so on.

Allowing players to equip more than one weapon and then bind combinations to hotkeys could make weapon switching feel much less clunky.
Of course, this should be limited to a few weapons only - maybe even restricted by available slots for different weapon types.

Many of you have probably played Mount&Blade - the way weapon switching is handled there is really satisfying: You have a sword on your belt, a shield and bow strung to your back. One button press will sheathe the sword and draw the bow. Another press would sheathe the bow and draw a sword and attach the shield.

Weapon switching in shooter games work in a similar way and it's super satisfying to do.

Switching from sword to bow or from sword to sledgehammer could feel as natural as switching from Assault Rifle to Pistol in Battlefield or COD

I attached a small graphic to explain the suggestion - multiple weapon slots (2 on the belt for small weapons, 2 on the back for big weapons) and hotkeys bound to arbitrary weapon combinations.

Attachments

• charslots.png
    charslots.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 5