Does MO2 have an aimbot problem?

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
So many rumblings about certain guilds and players using aimbot. Last night on a lean small Alvarin I was getting hit in the head while zig zagging multiple times by someone 100+ feet away. I noticed when I was fighting him his ROF was very high and all hits where mainly to the head and some torso in quick succession regardless of dodging and the arrow flight animation didn't seem to match the hits.
Other players seem to be sharing similar experiences.
After searching hack forums online they advertised aimbots and some seemed like scams.

What are your thoughts?

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Some boy with a Japanese name in VII was all consistent headshots pixel sniping. In my years of gaming it's the weebs with the anime avatars that are sus. Gotta blow loads in life somehow

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Some boy with a Japanese name in VII was all consistent headshots pixel sniping. In my years of gaming it's the weebs with the anime avatars that are sus. Gotta blow loads in life somehow

I'm getting upset. lol

I dunno. One guy was said to be hacking. Aimbots, tho? I know you don't wanna hear it from someone who aims arrow tip and isn't that good at fps, but it's really easy to aim with the crosshairs. It's not really possible to hit at massive range consistently, but you can def get clean shots. As I explained, it changes trajectory. If they are ONLY hitting your head or even your body, I would worry. Not saying someone couldn't mix it up, but if they are hitting the horse too or missing, I'd say probably not. MA skill is at an all time low. It might just seem like kids who are hitting you are hacking cuz people are so trash.

If I still had a steady hand, I'd be more dedly. I never was really good at dragging a crosshair over something, but I am good at releasing the arrow tip. It's just, as people note, your hand starts blocking you (which is realistic IMO!!) so you gotta kinda intuit.

I am sure there is aim bot stuff somewhere. I fought this guy who def put on the jets after I dismounted him in order to start plugging me with long bow arrows. It's like how did you close that gap and start shooting me uphill with a long bow?! or UMAD!! I haven't seen egregious aim bot hacking, but I'm not around in the sweet spots. In my world travel, I haven't seen anything super suspect tho. Seen more people moving at ridic speeds.

I feel like aimbot would be almost an auto win and I don't ever feel like I got peppered on that level. I mean, I think I could beat them even if they are. Whatever their aim bot is doing, it's not that good. Of the people I've played vs. So IMO, no worries m8.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I never experienced it myself but I saw some real strange footage from a guildmate.
He was chased across a small hill. The person chasing him was maybe 20 meters behind him. There was no direct line of sight (that small hill was between them). He got hit several times.
It looked shady. Of cause it could have been just some luck shots.

And then there are those people which lag at quite suitable times. Probably the abuse some lag to be able to land good shots at not moving target's.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I mean they're banning 50-100 accts per month for hacking. So yes they exist.
Which doesn't sound much but its almost 10%(closer to 5% but still) of the active community being banned every month for hacking. Ridiculous.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I never experienced it myself but I saw some real strange footage from a guildmate.
He was chased across a small hill. The person chasing him was maybe 20 meters behind him. There was no direct line of sight (that small hill was between them). He got hit several times.
It looked shady. Of cause it could have been just some luck shots.

And then there are those people which lag at quite suitable times. Probably the abuse some lag to be able to land good shots at not moving target's.

Yea it's all guesses, look at consistency, but you'll never really know. I head shot horses from the back sometimes. If you know where to aim, you can increase the chance, but yeah those are basically no look shots, but it's not as hard as you think, either, if he was running straight. Depends on how many hits. I mean you can see the arrows going by you, too. I've met one guy who has pretty good aim but I didn't get to test his aim 100%. I said let's have a shooting contest and he took that to mean 1v1 with bows haha. When we shot tree branches he wasn't on point. He certainly could shoot me, but he was running around close... and it's like augh man this ain't what I meant.

There are def things going on, but it's not that bad. I don't think there is much to gain except if people are auto-ing it for troll or something. It's not hard to head shot mobs, either. I gotta get my rhythm back tho SHEIT.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Which doesn't sound much but its almost 10%(closer to 5% but still) of the active community being banned every month for hacking. Ridiculous.
Its the same people on 2$ argentinian accts

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Not entirely unlikely, but it would still mean between 5-10% of the entire population are cheaters. Which is sad. People are so damn sad.

Winning is so sweet tho. I've only been in a few no win cheat situations in games, then yeah it's super salty. It's some rage quit... but if there is a way, if you even scrape a win or two it's like WELL I know UR HACKING and I know I WON, so I MEAN... keep hacking bud. Or better flip on the cheats faster next time brolo.

People are not only hacking tho, they are also duping/exploiting and such. Way more than 5%. You talking of the players who are actually doing stuff? Probably 33+%. And maybe they already duped so much that they don't have to dupe anymore, but it's still the same idea.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Keep in mind 50-100 bans per month is less than 5% of the player base. 1k peak doesnt mean theres only 1k players. There's lots of players who don't play every day, only play a few hours a day, etc. So there should be several thousand players a month. I also wonder how many of the bans are the same person getting banned repeatedly.

Still more hackers than I'd like obviously. but at least they seem to be getting banned, otherwise there would be 0 bands a month.
Its the same people on 2$ argentinian accts
This really needs to be fixed. cuz if they had to shell out $40 every time they get the hammer, things would be much different. If its even possible to fix and not entirely up to steam.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Keep in mind 50-100 bans per month is less than 5% of the player base. 1k peak doesnt mean theres only 1k players. There's lots of players who don't play every day, only play a few hours a day, etc. So there should be several thousand players a month. I also wonder how many of the bans are the same person getting banned repeatedly.

Still more hackers than I'd like obviously. but at least they seem to be getting banned, otherwise there would be 0 bands a month.

This really needs to be fixed. cuz if they had to shell out $40 every time they get the hammer, things would be much different. If its even possible to fix and not entirely up to steam.
People also run multiple accounts so that more or less negates the several different peak times problem.
If they could get rid of regional pricing it'd sting a lot harder.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
SV had like a 300 player drop off, so I dunno what happened, but... lol.