Dissecting what 'The Dark Legion'

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Today we're going to be looking at a recent guild posting within the Discord by an individual who calls himself 'Vickanus' or something, and I will be picking each piece apart and helping the community of MO2 better understand their options in guilds and why they may or may not want to choose this guild as their MO2 'home'.

Let us start by posting the guild ad here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Legion Is actively recruiting anyone looking for a collective of savages for MO 2 English Speaking -

Heavily RPK Guild "Strength Above All"

History Other than absolutely smashing the competition in the Mortal Online 2 Combat Alpha, we have no history as a guild. We've gathered as veterans from Mortal Online 1, bringing our own diverse, yet equally blood filled experiences together, to form a collective of murderers.

Goals We will cut out our own piece of Myrland, and rule it without mercy. We will participate in the global conflict. We will War without hesitation. We will root out and destroy the rat infestation that plagues the continents. We will give no quarter.

Opportunities You, as a new player, will have the opportunity to join a group of knowledgeable individuals. The secrets that were so coveted by the MO 1 Veterans will be given to you. You will be taught to thrive. You, as a veteran player, will have the opportunity for your past transgressions to be forgiven, and become part of something larger. "Strength through Unity"

What To Expect from The Legion - Training for one purpose. To make an effective War Machine. One that thrives in constant chaos and combat. - A diverse group of individuals from varying histories who like to have a great time slaying our enemies. - A Brotherhood. We will never harm our own, only those who intend to do harm upon us. This will be a place for you to grow, and learn, without fear of retaliation.

Requirements - Have a pulse. - Have the drive to continue onward, even in the face of defeat. - English speaking would be a bonus, but not a requirement. Language barriers can be overcome.

Original Forum Post here: https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/the-dark-legion.567/ If You Want To Join Simply message myself, or other members of this discord with [The Legion] guild tag for an introduction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright here it is.. From the top we first have this line..

"The Legion Is actively recruiting anyone looking for a collective of savages for MO 2 English Speaking - Heavily RPK Guild "Strength Above All" "

Notice the wording in this sentence. 'Recruiting anyone'. Sure, it then says after '... looking for a collective of savages' but we'll get into that. This is super important to pick up on because it shows desperation and a want to recruit anyone and everyone. To inflate numbers. It isn't about the individual, it's about becoming a grunt in a poorly working, unoiled set of gears that are going to churn nothing but garbage out.

Further on we look to the line of 'a collective of savages'. Does this mean 'The Dark Legion' wont be using towns? Will they not resort to the exchanges of currency? Perhaps they will live in caves. To me a savage is someone who lives off the land, and rough at that. I don't see this 'legion' doing that at any point in time. Cause lets be honest, we know you guys will use the towns and will have those guard macros ready to go. I can see it now.

Vik is all like "guys just guard spam them!!" and as the guards absolutely DECIMATE the true savages, he'll go "man that was banging, we banged those kids brains out!! good job guards, your ability to kill things replaces my inability to do so.. which means i WIN... yeah we're bangers."

They also speak English. Savages don't speak English. They speak broken tongues whilst grunting and screaming.

Notice how HEAVILY is italicized. Vik wants you to know he is heavy into the idea of RPK. Not roleplay killers, but the guild from MO1 that everyone loved for building mass amounts of TC, spamming guards, and using pets. The Dark Legion was inspired by the RPK guild to make his own, and plans on doing the exact same thing. So if you like building a bunch of TC then you should join this guild. Your efforts will be overlooked in-place of pet and ai guard damage, awesome!

Strength Above All. Very ignorant saying to brand your guild with in my opinion.

Second line.

"History Other than absolutely smashing the competition in the Mortal Online 2 Combat Alpha, we have no history as a guild. We've gathered as veterans from Mortal Online 1, bringing our own diverse, yet equally blood filled experiences together, to form a collective of murderers. "

You didn't smash any competition. Turning on a stream and having all of your 'savages' jump on people you don't like, even though that's technically against the rules, doesn't mean you smashed anything.

I don't really see in your guild who is a veteran except what I can count on one hand. As for the blood filled experiences, I can't really speak to because I haven't seen them? I mean in MO1 you were a follower, and not that great at it or PvP. Maybe others in your guild to a degree?

Also why are you a collective of murderers now? I thought this was for savages. Which is it man.

Line three

"Goals We will cut out our own piece of Myrland, and rule it without mercy. We will participate in the global conflict. We will War without hesitation. We will root out and destroy the rat infestation that plagues the continents. We will give no quarter. "

How are you going to cut out a piece of Myrland? You do realize it's a continent, are you going to pull out a giant knife and cut into it? You can't even wield a giant axe well enough and beat someone standing in-front of you, but you expect to own territory and rule it without mercy. This made me laugh.

'We will participate in the global conflict.' I mean, I guess you can try? C- for effort.

'We will war without hesitation.' Uh, alright?

'We will root out and destroy the rat infestation that plagues the continents.' I guess that means you guys plan on killing each other then in-game.

Also, I don't want your quarter. I'm very fine without it, and so is everyone else.

Line four.

"Opportunities You, as a new player, will have the opportunity to join a group of knowledgeable individuals. The secrets that were so coveted by the MO 1 Veterans will be given to you. You will be taught to thrive. You, as a veteran player, will have the opportunity for your past transgressions to be forgiven, and become part of something larger. "Strength through Unity"

This is the biggest bag of horseshit I have ever read. Anyone can look at your group and know it isn't made up of 'knowledgeable individuals'. You have at best 3 people who can PvP at a competitive level. What secrets are you talking about?? MO1 was data mined to all hell, and information was stupidly abundant to all players. People literally had stacks of everything. What are you going to give a new player? "oh if i swing left you need to parry right!" Super helpful man. No one is going to thrive under a terrible Killox impersonator. Any 'veteran players' that join you, either wont stay long or will just stomach this pseudo-DRED copy-cat guild until something better comes along. Forgiven? For what? Murdering you in MO1 I bet, or saying you look stupid?

Anyone who has played with Vik will know this guy has a bad temper and can't handle losing well. Just keep that in mind, especially with how much he will lose in MO2.

Line five.

"What To Expect from The Legion - Training for one purpose. To make an effective War Machine. One that thrives in constant chaos and combat. - A diverse group of individuals from varying histories who like to have a great time slaying our enemies. - A Brotherhood. We will never harm our own, only those who intend to do harm upon us. This will be a place for you to grow, and learn, without fear of retaliation. "

This dude can't handle chaos and combat in MO1 or MO2, you know what happens when things get chaotic and bad? "oh he just has better ping." "oh just report him" "waaah why cant i get better!" I just have so much doubt in all of this considering your guilds trying to mimic DRED which was known for tons of in-griefing. Maybe yours will be different, but by the way you guys act I really doubt it.

Line six.

"Requirements - Have a pulse. - Have the drive to continue onward, even in the face of defeat. - English speaking would be a bonus, but not a requirement. Language barriers can be overcome. "

So what happens when you guys die? Do you g-kick yourselves out, does the guild disband? Not sure I understand 'Have a pulse'.

Not much I can knock on for the rest of the line personally.

This is basically my take on this guild, and the advertisement for it. I would call this propaganda but considering how much truth is in it, I wouldn't say it's misleading. But yeah, this guild is stinky and I would avoid joining it unless you want to also be stinky and suck at the game forever.

Oh, and for the people who will eventually come to the thread with something witty to say? Just know you clicking on my thread is more than enough satisfaction for me, then any kind of salt you try to throw my way. I want you all to hate me. Unlike this guild of 'savage posers'.

Pathetic.

p.s. QUAD, ZEAL, MYRM, MYR, w/e other guilds exist. You all can eat my butt.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
At the 4:00 mark there’s documented evidence of what a savage is.

I too am hoping killox brings back his group of savages like you were saying. I know I’m just a zergling who could never compare to beneficial community members like killox and aku that you were saying but that’s my 2c

Reactions: Vagrant

Sargrim

Sep 1, 2020
Today we're going to be looking at a recent guild posting within the Discord by an individual who calls himself 'Vickanus' or something, and I will be picking each piece apart and helping the community of MO2 better understand their options in guilds and why they may or may not want to choose this guild as their MO2 'home'.

Let us start by posting the guild ad here.

The Legion Is actively recruiting anyone looking for a collective of savages for MO 2 English Speaking -

Heavily RPK Guild "Strength Above All"

History Other than absolutely smashing the competition in the Mortal Online 2 Combat Alpha, we have no history as a guild. We've gathered as veterans from Mortal Online 1, bringing our own diverse, yet equally blood filled experiences together, to form a collective of murderers.

Goals We will cut out our own piece of Myrland, and rule it without mercy. We will participate in the global conflict. We will War without hesitation. We will root out and destroy the rat infestation that plagues the continents. We will give no quarter.

Opportunities You, as a new player, will have the opportunity to join a group of knowledgeable individuals. The secrets that were so coveted by the MO 1 Veterans will be given to you. You will be taught to thrive. You, as a veteran player, will have the opportunity for your past transgressions to be forgiven, and become part of something larger. "Strength through Unity"

What To Expect from The Legion - Training for one purpose. To make an effective War Machine. One that thrives in constant chaos and combat. - A diverse group of individuals from varying histories who like to have a great time slaying our enemies. - A Brotherhood. We will never harm our own, only those who intend to do harm upon us. This will be a place for you to grow, and learn, without fear of retaliation.

Requirements - Have a pulse. - Have the drive to continue onward, even in the face of defeat. - English speaking would be a bonus, but not a requirement. Language barriers can be overcome.

Original Forum Post here: https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/the-dark-legion.567/ If You Want To Join Simply message myself, or other members of this discord with [The Legion] guild tag for an introduction.

Alright here it is.. From the top we first have this line..

"The Legion Is actively recruiting anyone looking for a collective of savages for MO 2 English Speaking - Heavily RPK Guild "Strength Above All" "

Notice the wording in this sentence. 'Recruiting anyone'. Sure, it then says after '... looking for a collective of savages' but we'll get into that. This is super important to pick up on because it shows desperation and a want to recruit anyone and everyone. To inflate numbers. It isn't about the individual, it's about becoming a grunt in a poorly working, unoiled set of gears that are going to churn nothing but garbage out.

Further on we look to the line of 'a collective of savages'. Does this mean 'The Dark Legion' wont be using towns? Will they not resort to the exchanges of currency? Perhaps they will live in caves. To me a savage is someone who lives off the land, and rough at that. I don't see this 'legion' doing that at any point in time. Cause lets be honest, we know you guys will use the towns and will have those guard macros ready to go. I can see it now.

Vik is all like "guys just guard spam them!!" and as the guards absolutely DECIMATE the true savages, he'll go "man that was banging, we banged those kids brains out!! good job guards, your ability to kill things replaces my inability to do so.. which means i WIN... yeah we're bangers."

They also speak English. Savages don't speak English. They speak broken tongues whilst grunting and screaming.

Notice how HEAVILY is italicized. Vik wants you to know he is heavy into the idea of RPK. Not roleplay killers, but the guild from MO1 that everyone loved for building mass amounts of TC, spamming guards, and using pets. The Dark Legion was inspired by the RPK guild to make his own, and plans on doing the exact same thing. So if you like building a bunch of TC then you should join this guild. Your efforts will be overlooked in-place of pet and ai guard damage, awesome!

Strength Above All. Very ignorant saying to brand your guild with in my opinion.

Second line.

"History Other than absolutely smashing the competition in the Mortal Online 2 Combat Alpha, we have no history as a guild. We've gathered as veterans from Mortal Online 1, bringing our own diverse, yet equally blood filled experiences together, to form a collective of murderers. "

You didn't smash any competition. Turning on a stream and having all of your 'savages' jump on people you don't like, even though that's technically against the rules, doesn't mean you smashed anything.

I don't really see in your guild who is a veteran except what I can count on one hand. As for the blood filled experiences, I can't really speak to because I haven't seen them? I mean in MO1 you were a follower, and not that great at it or PvP. Maybe others in your guild to a degree?

Also why are you a collective of murderers now? I thought this was for savages. Which is it man.

Line three

"Goals We will cut out our own piece of Myrland, and rule it without mercy. We will participate in the global conflict. We will War without hesitation. We will root out and destroy the rat infestation that plagues the continents. We will give no quarter. "

How are you going to cut out a piece of Myrland? You do realize it's a continent, are you going to pull out a giant knife and cut into it? You can't even wield a giant axe well enough and beat someone standing in-front of you, but you expect to own territory and rule it without mercy. This made me laugh.

'We will participate in the global conflict.' I mean, I guess you can try? C- for effort.

'We will war without hesitation.' Uh, alright?

'We will root out and destroy the rat infestation that plagues the continents.' I guess that means you guys plan on killing each other then in-game.

Also, I don't want your quarter. I'm very fine without it, and so is everyone else.

Line four.

"Opportunities You, as a new player, will have the opportunity to join a group of knowledgeable individuals. The secrets that were so coveted by the MO 1 Veterans will be given to you. You will be taught to thrive. You, as a veteran player, will have the opportunity for your past transgressions to be forgiven, and become part of something larger. "Strength through Unity"

This is the biggest bag of horseshit I have ever read. Anyone can look at your group and know it isn't made up of 'knowledgeable individuals'. You have at best 3 people who can PvP at a competitive level. What secrets are you talking about?? MO1 was data mined to all hell, and information was stupidly abundant to all players. People literally had stacks of everything. What are you going to give a new player? "oh if i swing left you need to parry right!" Super helpful man. No one is going to thrive under a terrible Killox impersonator. Any 'veteran players' that join you, either wont stay long or will just stomach this pseudo-DRED copy-cat guild until something better comes along. Forgiven? For what? Murdering you in MO1 I bet, or saying you look stupid?

Anyone who has played with Vik will know this guy has a bad temper and can't handle losing well. Just keep that in mind, especially with how much he will lose in MO2.

Line five.

"What To Expect from The Legion - Training for one purpose. To make an effective War Machine. One that thrives in constant chaos and combat. - A diverse group of individuals from varying histories who like to have a great time slaying our enemies. - A Brotherhood. We will never harm our own, only those who intend to do harm upon us. This will be a place for you to grow, and learn, without fear of retaliation. "

This dude can't handle chaos and combat in MO1 or MO2, you know what happens when things get chaotic and bad? "oh he just has better ping." "oh just report him" "waaah why cant i get better!" I just have so much doubt in all of this considering your guilds trying to mimic DRED which was known for tons of in-griefing. Maybe yours will be different, but by the way you guys act I really doubt it.

Line six.

"Requirements - Have a pulse. - Have the drive to continue onward, even in the face of defeat. - English speaking would be a bonus, but not a requirement. Language barriers can be overcome. "

So what happens when you guys die? Do you g-kick yourselves out, does the guild disband? Not sure I understand 'Have a pulse'.

Not much I can knock on for the rest of the line personally.

This is basically my take on this guild, and the advertisement for it. I would call this propaganda but considering how much truth is in it, I wouldn't say it's misleading. But yeah, this guild is stinky and I would avoid joining it unless you want to also be stinky and suck at the game forever.

Oh, and for the people who will eventually come to the thread with something witty to say? Just know you clicking on my thread is more than enough satisfaction for me, then any kind of salt you try to throw my way. I want you all to hate me. Unlike this guild of 'savage posers'.

Pathetic.

p.s. QUAD, ZEAL, MYRM, MYR, w/e other guilds exist. You all can eat my butt.
Good read. If you were to choose a guild recruitment thread per week to shit on, I would tune in for that.