Discord Updates from Henrik

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I noticed these on the discord and though I would post them here for players that dont get on discord.

1. HenrikToday at 12:21 PM
    Hello everyone, We’re seeing a lot of people asking about and talking about wiping or resetting the game. There has been enough speculative comments that we want to clear this up for everyone who may be wondering. One of the core features of Mortal Online 2 is its persistent world and history. Because of this, we will never be wiping the game, and all progress made by players is permanent. This is not to say we will not take action against any potential cheats or dupes. Although there has been zero cases of this happening yet, these will be dealt with very harshly and any such items will be cleanly removed from the game, and the offending players banned if and when it does occur. Although we understand that some of you are upset that you have not been able to play as much as you would have liked to on launch, we hope all of you can understand this decision and appreciate how having one persistent world is an integral part of our game, and one that we hope you will grow to love.

• [12:22 PM]
      Dear Mortal Online community. First of all, I want to apologize for our rocky login/myrland issues that have affected most of you the past days. We underestimated the login pressure from havens to Myrland and the current result we get now compared to our stress test is quite different. This is by far the biggest challenge in the entire project so far. The team has been working 24/7 to add fixes and improvements in this area as soon as possible during the release with some progress but not nearly enough. We have today had a specific meeting with additional networking experts to help us faster solve the issues we are currently facing. The good news is that we now have a very good picture of the main issues and how we need to solve them. This requires a few days before its fully implemented the way we need it to work. This means we will have a queue number and a fully working login step. The login bounces we had so far is identified and we know what we need to do so solve this as well. We fully understand the frustration not to be able to login into Myrland and we feel the same pain as you do here. We will pause all subscription time that is included in the game and make sure this is not enabled again until these issues are solved. If it's possible we will also give the option for players to go back to haven if you are in queue. There are a few cases we need to clear such as guild status when going from myrland to haven, so we may only start with if you haven’t left haven you will be able to go back while we wait on the fixes for Myrland. (edited)
    • [12:22 PM]
      Right now we get a lot of DMs and questions regarding the login status and we understand your frustration, we ask you to read our update on this matter and that we cannot read all DMs we are getting sent to our devs, they need to focus on the development now and don’t want to ignore any question you may send us, but please understand that we need to focus on the issues to be able to solve it as soon as possible, so we ask everyone to follow our update sections on this matter. We are fully aware of all reports and issues currently. We will make sure we do regular updates on our progression so you can follow that on discord/website and on steam. We suggest any new player remain on Haven until we have further updates with the transition to Myrland to be able to continue to play. Thank you for your support, we will keep you updated on our progress and steps to solve this. /Henrik Nyström, Star Vault Team

Zosimos

Jan 19, 2022
Well, it looks like they've decided to shut down our ability to comment in discord. I guess the constant pounding just got to be too much for the mods and devs

Psyop

Jan 29, 2022
Well, it looks like they've decided to shut down our ability to comment in discord. I guess the constant pounding just got to be too much for the mods and devs

Because it is demoralizing to hear a cacophony of babies that just had their favorite toy taken away. The withdrawal symptoms are driving people up the wall and the worst comes out of them.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Thank you Amadamn but again you shouldn't have to do this. How hard is it for them to link their discord feed to one of the threads here? Like, come on. These are supposed to be official forums of the game. Anything updates they type in discord should automatically show up here.

Reactions: Amadman

Brewer

Jan 29, 2022
Discord has officially been locked, as too many players were asking about queue times. Pretty sad tbh.

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
Discord channels are crap at the best of times, I can only imagine what they were like the last few days.

It's mostly just justified trolling. This was a disaster launch like none other, let's be real. It's not like they are dealing with 100k people trying to get in (which they claimed they were prepared for), but it seems like the servers can't even handle 10k.

Reactions: Tzone

Zosimos

Jan 19, 2022
Because it is demoralizing to hear a cacophony of babies that just had their favorite toy taken away. The withdrawal symptoms are driving people up the wall and the worst comes out of them.
Not babies, but paying customers who actually want to use the product they paid for. The customer base has been misled by false advertisement, and please don't give me that speech about how "all MMOs suffer some growing pains the first few days". This goes way beyond growing pains, and shutting down a discussion because you don't like what your customers are saying is cowardly at best and a direct indicator for what their support would be going forward.
For the record, I suffered through the launches of UO (original), Shadowbane, Darkfall, and basically every MMO launch since the early 2000s. It's stunning to me that, after all these launches and leasons-learned that developers STILL go though the same problems every single time.

Reactions: Starz and Tzone

boru

Jan 28, 2022
odd decision to do official updates only on discord, which a lot of people don't use. Should be on twitter and the official forum like pretty much every other game.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I just don't understand why they don't shut down the servers. Is it that hard? Give everyone some relief. At least shut down Myrland. People are going crazy sitting in queue.

Edit: if they can fix the problem, shut down the servers and fix it, then bring them back up.

Reactions: Tzone

Alocrin

Jan 29, 2022
The land of Eh?
Also for those in queue in the latest patch notes

After leaving the queue you will now be able to skip the entire queue the next time you login if you do it within 5 min after leaving. So if any issues occur while you are loading into the game you can now skip the queue when you relog.

Starz

Apr 7, 2021
Not babies, but paying customers who actually want to use the product they paid for. The customer base has been misled by false advertisement, and please don't give me that speech about how "all MMOs suffer some growing pains the first few days". This goes way beyond growing pains, and shutting down a discussion because you don't like what your customers are saying is cowardly at best and a direct indicator for what their support would be going forward.
For the record, I suffered through the launches of UO (original), Shadowbane, Darkfall, and basically every MMO launch since the early 2000s. It's stunning to me that, after all these launches and leasons-learned that developers STILL go though the same problems every single time.
PAYING CUSTOMERS WHO WANT TO USE THE PRODUCT THEY PAID FOR LITERALLY THE TRUTH

Alocrin

Jan 29, 2022
The land of Eh?

If its still happening then it must be a lot harder of a problem to fix then it appears, If a company was able to do a day one without a hitch they obviously would and get way ahead of the competition.

However, what more would you like them to do now? They are working on a solution and if you are not happy with it you can request a refund and move on with you life. Absolutely, report the issue, and do what you can to help solve it. If you aren't helping to solve the issue why waste your time screaming on the forums though?

Alocrin

Jan 29, 2022
The land of Eh?
It's mostly just justified trolling. This was a disaster launch like none other, let's be real. It's not like they are dealing with 100k people trying to get in (which they claimed they were prepared for), but it seems like the servers can't even handle 10k.
New World was worse than this, at least we can play in Haven

Reactions: Najwalaylah

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
New World was worse than this, at least we can play in Haven

Until yesterday I would have agreed that New World was worse, but once New World opened new servers, it was fine. The servers in this case just don’t work, and there isn’t even a queue (some people can get in and others can’t). Further, they have repeatedly said they won’t open new servers.

Based on the discord communications, Starvault doesn’t seem to have a fix for this until Monday. So both launch week and weekend (potentially longer) are just unplayable for most purchasers.

Also, if you left Haven, you can’t play and there is currently no ability to delete your character to reroll.

Alocrin

Jan 29, 2022
The land of Eh?
Until yesterday I would have agreed that New World was worse, but once New World opened new servers, it was fine. The servers in this case just don’t work, and there isn’t even a queue (some people can get in and others can’t). Further, they have repeatedly said they won’t open new servers.

Based on the discord communications, Starvault doesn’t seem to have a fix for this until Monday. So both launch week and weekend (potentially longer) are just unplayable for most purchasers.

Also, if you left Haven, you can’t play and there is currently no ability to delete your character to reroll.

For some people, my brother and I were unable to get into NW servers for a few days after launch. The point I'm trying to make here really though is Amazon Games and web service has many more times the resources that Star Vault has. Obviously we don't have the information to make an informed comparison but you have to give SV some slack here.

Also, according to discord they are considering allowing players to get back to Haven if they are in queue so they can at least play and level some skills. I would like to see a regional server myself but SV has made their choice and are sticking with it. Hopefully in the next few hours we will have more information on that.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Discord has officially been locked, as too many players were asking about queue times. Pretty sad tbh.

loool they just keep fucking wrecking themselves harder. O M G. It's almost comical at this point. This will be a movie some day.