• No

• Tentative

• Fuck No

• Fuck Yes!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Hear me out. I do not mind directional blocking with a weapon, but with a shield it becomes cumbersome and sluggish especially against low ping fighters. In order to give shields some love and to see more shield fighters in the fray, I suggest that you make blocking/parrying with a shield work no matter the direction. It works in Bannerlord and does not break the immersion or the challenge. It just allows for a more realistic shield defensive feel.

- A player should be able to block/parry anything holding a shield up from any direction until your stamina wears out then you have to drop your shield and parry with your melee hand until stamina recovers.

- Thus if you choose to directional block with your shield it will not burn stamina, to allow a fair game.

- Also it should take more stamina to hit someone blocking with a shield than hitting someone blocking with melee weapon. The ideal is to avoid someone with a shield and allow shield fighters to last longer in a fight then aggressive melee users.

- The ability will work for all shields not just tower shields so smaller shields and smaller players can be affective.

Shield Perk Requirements:
100 Blocking
100 Balance
100 Defensive Stance
100 Endurance

@Henrik Nyström

Shield Wall.jpg

Last edited:

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
You want to buff tower shields? lmao
Why not make it fair for all the races that aren't Oghmir? Also if you read the suggestion properly the perk would work for all shields not just tower. Context is important here. So don't come on my thread misleading the people with your propaganda. In the history of Mortal shields never got any love and when they finally did they got nerfed to one race that can hold them. Go ahead and make your vote then move on.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
yo I had a dream I was playing MO, I guess from posting on the forum the other day. So I'm gonna do some massive shitposting while I drink coffee haha.

They should really remove tower shields from the game. I fail to see why that is a good mechanic in any way. There's no way they balanced the game with extra armor weight + FAW clades in mind. The whole tower shield weight increase was arbitrary. That and if you use tower shield + say... a dagger, think about

Disadvantages of Carrying a Shield:
  • Restricted Movement: A shield could limit a warrior's range of movement, making it difficult to strike with a weapon or move quickly.
IF you doods wanna keep shields in the game, they should affect your weapon. It's pretty common sense, yknow... science that if you are holding a big heavy block in one hand you won't swing a weapon as effectively with the other hand. A dmg debuff would be smart so some people could just tank if they didn't wanna get into the whole blocking thing and front line / pound with people... there should arguably not be directional blocking with a shield either haha, as in 'parries.'

Reactions: Serverus