DEVS SHOULD CARE PETS NOW! DONT IGNORE ANYMORE

fuatX

Feb 5, 2022
Bakti- Morin Khur- Fabernum
They stucking random areas, beastmastery doesnt work, no armour or mountable for pets ( like bears, terror birds) when u dueling with ur friends in city, u becoming criminal and guards killing you and ur pet.

1) i killed by guards while dueling lost 125 brown bear

2)Another brown 125 lvl killed by a player cuz my pet stuck and didnt move or attack

3) with 125 lvl animal cant ride anythng atleat let me ride my damn pet with low speed but faster than running

İf i die without bug its okay but like that its make me hate this game and i wont play this game till bugs fixed

Dear devs if you dont care PETS just remove it @henrik

İm sure u will lose more than 700-800 player while u wont care pets and focusing other things. Other classes playeable but tamer or dominator NOT.
P.s: pls stop trolling with " its not pokemon" comments

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Insert some idiot showing up and saying 'but they are going to make bears ridable, Henrik said so' liek that makes the state of pets ok.

I feel bad for pet users. The current pet AI is just literal ass. Pets are hard to balance. Because when pets are op its really aids to fight a 0 skill pet in smaller scale fights. But right now they are just dumb. They need to not just sit there and let themselves die. At least auto fight back or start running around lol.

MO1 you could tame level 100 black bears, and some other pets, which made them lower risk pvp pets. They need to do somethign similar in MO2. We need more tamables at high level so that people dont have to waste their time training a pet that dies worthlessly. OP pets like MO1 kurnas and DK need to be trained to make them more of a risk to use. But black bears, wolves, etc, should be tamable at 100. Because mo2 is heavily limiting, I obv dont get to try playing a tamer, so no idea if they are actualyl tamable at high level or not in this.

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
MO1 you could tame level 100 black bears, and some other pets

I agree with this very much. The game shouldn't be balanced around the "vision" for it. It should be balanced around what we have. They put the change in beta so that you were meant to go out and tame the young version of animals such as the white bear instead of any other. Why do this when the entire pet system isn't in a complete working order?

They should just have pets magically float and follow the player around everywhere until they fix all of the pathing problems for all I care. It's so frustrating to see the patch notes say "
  • Updated navmesh all over the world that could get pets stuck.
"
just to play the game and still get your pet stuck. It's cool that they are working on all of these different systems for the game at the same time but really they should just focus on one thing at a time. Get whoever knows about coding to do the coding and everyone else get on a horse and spawn everyone with a different pet and send them all over the world. They report the parts the pets got stuck at and the coders work on that. Instead they want us to pay for a subscription to the game AND do what I just described for them. Of course the players who aren't interested in taming never have these problems and have their own problems with the game systems they are interested in.

I don't care if they have it make it so pets teleport to you no matter where you log out and in and people abuse it. That would be less frustrating to the players who want to

Piet

May 28, 2020
It's not a Chivalry sim either. Pets are functionally in a horrible spot, period, regardless of PvP balance and regardless of what your jaded opinion may or may not be. Why bother posting, troll or not?
Although I was clearly just trolling because he said not to say that exact comment although pets are in a shitty situation to get and such they also are op if you know what you're doing at all so meh. They just need to completely revamp and fix pets following and attacking and all that but also make it so pets aren't op and take more skill to use than push 1 button.

Reactions: CrgHck

Vrenmar

Nov 21, 2020
Zoology damage bonus is causing alot of problems with the damage calculation right now. That why horses and pets die so fast.

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
I would make it that as long as your pet is out of fight for a minute it will teleport to you when its too far away. It is not a realistic nor very elegant solution. But it is probaby a lot easier to make then completely fix pathing for pets. It would be a fast temporary solution until better fixes. Alot of frustation would be gone with tamers.
Or maybe some kind of button that teleports the Pet to you.

AND FOR GODS SAKE LET THOSE DAMN PETS SWIM PLS.
I am unable to take pets with me at any roaming session at all, unless all group waits for the tamer to run a 3km longer way.

Turd

Jan 27, 2022
Here's my feedback after playing since launch.

Tamers are in a rough spot, I've lost more bears to terrain and water glitches than actual pvp.
It takes days to level up a pet, and only a few seconds to lose it permanently.
Leveling a pet consists of AFKing at a target dummy which contributes to server congestion.

There aren't enough pet points to travel with a horse + combat worthy pet.
I cant join guild outings because nobody is going to wait for my slow ass walking on foot halfway across the map, nor should they wait.
Pets cant swim or cross rivers like horses so we must go around the long way.
The strongest pet (white bear) only spawns in 1 location.

700 primary point investment (Taming, CC, AdvCC, Herding, BM, BI, AC)
Skill books are expensive as fuck and only located in Jungle Camp with huge risk.
You'll need to invest more points into healing your pet with Magic (300 points for Ecu, Mental Offense, Mental Training)
Bears aren't very strong in PvE and just get kited in PvP.

vs

300 primary point investment (Archery, Controlled Riding, Mounted Archery)
Currently meta which can kite and kill pets/horses and ride off unscathed.
Archery can kill pets in the middle of town with no consequences.
Archery can easily kite and solo most PvE.
Most archery skills aren't implemented or necessary to be a threat (Aiming Tech, Controlled Aim, Marksmanship)
Skill books are cheap and readily available in most towns.

Ragemeister

Jul 19, 2021
Been playing tamer since early beta and they have barely improved anything at all, might as well just drop the skill at this point and wait another year.
- invisible walls that block pets all over the map
- pets staring at the target and not attacking them at all
- unable to follow you through a body of water
- take hours to level up and seconds to die
- real combat pets take all your points allowing for no mount so nobody roams with them or they will slow the whole group
- half the dungeons have nav mesh issues and pets are unusable
- cant mount anything other than a horse

Reactions: Turd and Daikos

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
It is just ridiculous to me that they released this game after one year in early access and the literal FIRST ENEMIES in the game which are the zombies are not tested enough so that pets could fight them without problems.

I usually use my bears to GY farm because they will DIE TO EVERY FUCKING THING, other than a zombie (okay they can deal with a bandit or two if I keep healing them and are okay against other wild bears and wolves etc.). But in general a bear will die to just one risar even if healed, because it has low dmg and no resists.

But yes, so GY farming, most cities it is difficult or impossible because the zombies won't acknowledge the existence of my pets, they will just stand still while attacked, and then start running and regenerating, which means it is faster for me to just kill them myself as they usually properly aggro to me.

Even in places where they work better (MK, Toxai), these things are happening constantly with just the basic: order pet to attack zombie and nothing else:

1. Pet attacks zombie, zombie stands still until dies (fine by me but clearly broken)

2. Pet attacks zombie, zombie sometimes attacks back, but during this slides on the ground, eventually being like 10 meters away from my bear, and when they die, their loot still gets placed at my bear's location (so visually they are not where they actually are).

3. Pet tries to attack zombie, but it failed. Meaning they will just stand near them and nothing happens. This is fixed often by recaling the pet and reattacking.

4. The zombie goes into frenzy, and starts pushing my bear around like it was a paperback, this causes the bear to constantly retreat/get shoved by several tens of meters even during the fight, making it really inconvenient as they often are pushed over some other zombie loot i'm trying to collect etc. And looks ridiculous ofc.

5. The worst option, zombie gets damaged, is unresponsive, and before dying start running away regenerating constantly. At this point it is time to switch targets altogether. For example at Tindrem GY nearly all of them do this, so pet farming is too obnoxious for me there.

AND, they want to introduce some ADVANCED MECHANICS (which I'm all for point to attack and that's it is really shallow), but how on earth are they gonna pull that off if this basic function does not work even on the ZOMBIES? After all this time of development too.
Before messing the system completely, I'd really appreciate a basic defensive stance or aggressive stance so I don't have to re-target my pet every single time a zombie dies. Or even shift clicking to chain commands would be nice.

And zombies are the things that work the best really, any wild animal out there if it does not already target you the player, chances are the bear/pet won't be able to attack it. And the attack stopping of course happens a lot during a fight too, so it is unbelievably unreliable to use pets, and these bugs as many have mentioned do get your pets killed often..

And yes, pets cannot swim, although they will sometimes try and get stuck under river water, and will get stuck wherever.

However, maybe the most annoying point about pets is their slow ass speed, meaning if you wanna have a pet, you basically are stuck with riding at 2 all the time, as otherwise you really risk losing your pet constantly. They really need to stop with the realism in that and let you somehow call your pet faster to you, or just increase their speed to match horses at least when following you and you are riding.

And as the last comment says nothing has changed since beta I'm like wtf.. I don't want to play a boring melee character, but mages and tamers are both ridiculously weak/broken. I won't be subbing to wait 2 years to get pet combat working, I will be coming back when, and if it does get fixed after the subs start rolling. It is so sad as I really enjoy the game and the taming definitely is something that I want to do in this game, but it is too frustrating atm.