Delay Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Henrik was quite clear in his streams that launching without housing was somehow good for the game. Someone on that team understands that this critical system needs to be player tested and working on release.
I actually don’t get why everyone cares so much about housing. Everyone going to be living out of towns at the start and everybody said the golden age of mo was when everyone was doing so, but now somehow the game is unplayable without it

Last edited:

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
I actually don’t get why everyone cares so much about housing. Everyone going to be living out of towns at the start and everybody said the golden age of mo was when everyone was doing so, but not somehow the game is unplayable without it

For me its about unlimited end-game content. In MO1 the only true endless content that could be repeated without getting old was TC / guild warfare. It will be the same in MO2 for many. Not to mention the world is huge and housing + keeps will help massively in filling the gaps. Furthermore, there will be a whole crowd of players who are used to Rust style games that will try MO, there needs to be building to get them invested and hooked.

Kameyo

Aug 14, 2020
I actually don’t get why everyone cares so much about housing. Everyone going to be living out of towns at the start and everybody said the golden age of mo was when everyone was doing so, but not somehow the game is unplayable without it
I remember when mo1 had dark nights and you could not gamma "fix" it, we would just sit around Bakti and wait for day light. It's a new game with a new breed of gamer and housing is very important to them.

Reactions: Raknor and Fang

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Remember, anyone complaining about them pushing back is impatient and doesn't care about the longevity of the game but rather their desire for fun now.

Reactions: Xunila and Fang

Fang

Sep 11, 2021
The postponement was made until January 25!

Gravballe

May 28, 2020
I agree they need to wait and add more content, esp pve, and more missing skills and professions.

If they used a few months to add pve stuff so the world would feel less empty I think it would have a better chance this time to keep its players.

Pvp won't be enought, pve is needed to keep none Pvp and Pvp played in the game longer. Releasing now will be making the same mistake as mo1 did, where there weren't enought content, and then the team tried to rush in some Pvp content.

Use the time to add proper pve stuff, more poi, more dungeons, hide outs and so on.

Now that it's been pushed I hope they focus om housing, pve and a few of the important professions that are missing. This game needs a lot of pve content to keep both casual and pvp players in the game long term.

Last edited:

Gorukha

Sep 9, 2021
Forget content. If the game has stability issues while engaged in large-scale pvp then it shouldn't even bother releasing.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I think there's a number of reasons housing is important to have at proper launch, people have mentioned a number which I agree with.

The first being it provides a long term goal to work towards ranging from big guilds working towards keeps, and small groups or solo working toward a house and some appliances in a part of the world they like. That gives nearly every player something to work towards, a reason to accumulate wealth and skills and materials etc. Which would not be there if the system wasn't in place and realized.

Personally if people say the golden age was before housing they're kind of tripping and misremembering because we had housing during later MO1 betas, it was a system that needed to be tested. I personally think the best era was anytime before they added the shallow, crappy, and easily exploited TC system which introduced safe farming zones and never ending walls and gated content.

Which brings up another important point that's been made, the housing system is critical and needs to be tested and proven to work in the beta state because no doubt there will be issues with it at first, I mean how long were there issues with housing chests doing weird stuff well into the life of the old game...they need to get those things figured out before people are losing persistent time and materials with a broken housing system.

The game will be much better off to have this system in place at proper launch, which I think nearly everyone agrees to various degrees.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I think there's a number of reasons housing is important to have at proper launch, people have mentioned a number which I agree with.

The first being it provides a long term goal to work towards ranging from big guilds working towards keeps, and small groups or solo working toward a house and some appliances in a part of the world they like. That gives nearly every player something to work towards, a reason to accumulate wealth and skills and materials etc. Which would not be there if the system wasn't in place and realized.

Personally if people say the golden age was before housing they're kind of tripping and misremembering because we had housing during later MO1 betas, it was a system that needed to be tested. I personally think the best era was anytime before they added the shallow, crappy, and easily exploited TC system which introduced safe farming zones and never ending walls and gated content.

Which brings up another important point that's been made, the housing system is critical and needs to be tested and proven to work in the beta state because no doubt there will be issues with it at first, I mean how long were there issues with housing chests doing weird stuff well into the life of the old game...they need to get those things figured out before people are losing persistent time and materials with a broken housing system.

The game will be much better off to have this system in place at proper launch, which I think nearly everyone agrees to various degrees.
Thanks for the reply.

I think they’re all good reasons to have housing but I still don’t see it as critical. Building your char getting mats etc there are enough short term goals.
My question would be this. The October 26th date was announced very recently. Doesn’t this make star vault look really foolish and cast doubts on any date they give anyway? Why should I believe the game is coming out in january

Northern Rooster

Apr 7, 2021
Thanks for the reply.

I think they’re all good reasons to have housing but I still don’t see it as critical. Building your char getting mats etc there are enough short term goals.
My question would be this. The October 26th date was announced very recently. Doesn’t this make star vault look really foolish and cast doubts on any date they give anyway? Why should I believe the game is coming out in january

The map is now 6 times bigger and its complete aids to go anywhere is why its unplayable without you and your friends houses for your one red character to regear without having to farm risars for an entire day every week.

In MO1 you could have a character in every town so all you had to do was relog and could just bank in any random persons open shed on your red.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The map is now 6 times bigger and its complete aids to go anywhere is why its unplayable without you and your friends houses for your one red character to regear without having to farm risars for an entire day every week.

In MO1 you could have a character in every town so all you had to do was relog and could just bank in any random persons open shed on your red.
I farmed 19 rep last night in like 45mins, took maybe 30mins from kran to get there. It doesnt take as long as you say unless maybe you are a thursar. Even then having to force mega red player to farm one day out of the week to be blue again is a way to balance out being a murderer. Lets the blues have a breather while you need to go farm.

Reactions: Gravballe

Northern Rooster

Apr 7, 2021
I farmed 19 rep last night in like 45mins, took maybe 30mins from kran to get there. It doesnt take as long as you say unless maybe you are a thursar. Even then having to force mega red player to farm one day out of the week to be blue again is a way to balance out being a murderer. Lets the blues have a breather while you need to go farm.

I presume you just had an empty camp to yourself? Also from what I gather rep increase is RNG and not consistent per kill.

1 hour and 45 minutes may be one entire days gaming for some people. Especially if you actually have to contend for the camp itself. For me the slowest part of the process was waiting for more risars to spawn.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
New World won't last forever but it will keep a significant amount of MO's target audience busy for 2-3 months.
Are you implying that people would prefer New World over Mortal Online? You need to have some more faith, sir. MO is an excellent game that draws in the most hard core gamers. There is zero doubt in my mind that upon releasing concurrently with New World, we would be stealing players from that game, not losing to it. Anyone that would prefers New World over MO just accepts that MO is too hardcore for them.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Reasoning worked! Hooray! Delay till end of January 25! i feel sad about persistence too, but I want this game to thrive!
I want you and everyone else that is celebrating the delaying the release of an already highly anticipated game to understand the following: there's always going to be room for improvement. But in the grand scheme of things, is perpetually delaying the game good for player base and revenue? People don't have infinite patience; they don't want to be strung along month after month, year after year. There are over 100k+ players interested in this game. There is ZERO reason why release cannot occur as it already was planned.

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
Are you implying that people would prefer New World over Mortal Online? You need to have some more faith, sir. MO is an excellent game that draws in the most hard core gamers. There is zero doubt in my mind that upon releasing concurrently with New World, we would be stealing players from that game, not losing to it. Anyone that would prefers New World over MO just accepts that MO is too hardcore for them.

I mean, I am definitely going to play both because why not. You don't have to enjoy only 1 type of game. Especially not when one doesn't have all the things in it quite yet.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I presume you just had an empty camp to yourself? Also from what I gather rep increase is RNG and not consistent per kill.

1 hour and 45 minutes may be one entire days gaming for some people. Especially if you actually have to contend for the camp itself. For me the slowest part of the process was waiting for more risars to spawn.
Rep is RNG as into where it goes. If all your other rep is full then it can only go to the empty rep. The rep goes to who ever gets last kill. I kill a entire camp in like 2 mins then go to the other camp that has fresh spawns.

I had two camps with another person who also got about the same rep.

If a person is thinking that 1 45 is too long, thats there issue. Dont kill people. The current punishment if very favorable.
I didnt even mention just ghosting to cavecamp making a bone tissue bow and grabbing a horse to hit a camp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gravballe

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Its not that simple. Say they both released on the same day and people had to choose only one. Majority would pick New World simply based on what its releasing with, the massive population, Amazon, etc. A lot of people can't see the potential that MO has and you really can't fault them too much. Sure you can argue that those people wouldn't stick around anyway, but why not give your launch the best chance it can get...especially seeing as the delay is clearly needed from what we saw with the last stress test and the small amount the game offers right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.