Day and Night Cycle

DeliveryDriver

Dec 9, 2020
3-4 hours or more of daylight to 1.5 hour of darkness, otherwise im just going to gamma up. Day night cycle should definitely not be a 1 to 1 ratio.

Night time in games only works when its not completely pitch black and if you make the moon as big as it is, the night time wouldnt be black it would be full moon blue. In fact the light of the moon should still cast shadows upon trees.

Ori

Dec 1, 2020
3-4 hours or more of daylight to 1.5 hour of darkness, otherwise im just going to gamma up. Day night cycle should definitely not be a 1 to 1 ratio.

Night time in games only works when its not completely pitch black and if you make the moon as big as it is, the night time wouldnt be black it would be full moon blue. In fact the light of the moon should still cast shadows upon trees.

Make that 6hrs day 1hr night. Always just logged off before in the night. Hoping night vision means I will no longer need to.

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
Some stuff works best under the cover and stealth of darkness :)

I haven't found it to be 'pitch black' so far though, not as bad as the MO pitch black nights we used to get, maybe that depends on location ?
i find it decent at the moment and the moon/s seem to reflect somewhat depending on the surface textures around water and jungle areas at least,

There could be some brighter moonlit nights with more shadow or even a storm or two instead of just rain - maybe that's another weather topic

Reactions: Grisù

Grisù

Sep 3, 2020
If gamma is going to be a thing in MO2, than there is no point to force hours of pitch-black, letting abusers being in advantage.
If there are going to be some anti-gamma feature, some few long pitch-black night would be awesome and bring many gameplay variations.

Nave's got 2 very big shining Moons out there, there is no written cosmic rule which says that all nights have to be the same.
You should experience:
2 Full Moons nights, very lightly almost as a pre-sunrise.
1 Full Moon nights, a good dark/light compromise.
Half Moon nights, very dark but still somewhat playable in very close distances.
No Moon nights, no toch no party nights, or better known as:"Tonight well' walk till up the enemy a*s, at sunrise bring Hell on Earth!"

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
If gamma is going to be a thing in MO2, than there is no point to force hours of pitch-black, letting abusers being in advantage.
If there are going to be some anti-gamma feature, some few long pitch-black night would be awesome and bring many gameplay variations.

Nave's got 2 very big shining Moons out there, there is no written cosmic rule which says that all nights have to be the same.
You should experience:
2 Full Moons nights, very lightly almost as a pre-sunrise.
1 Full Moon nights, a good dark/light compromise.
Half Moon nights, very dark but still somewhat playable in very close distances.
No Moon nights, no toch no party nights, or better known as:"Tonight well' walk till up the enemy a*s, at sunrise bring Hell on Earth!"

this and a bit more variety in weather would really bring the experience up to date more

i'd love to see some proper storms and fog on occasion too :)

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
They said there is seasons in terms of daylight amount per day - and the season was set to summer for more daylight some months ago. Perhaps its now moved to Winter

so we get snow too then ? or is this like an Australian winter where you can't really tell the difference lol

Reactions: Ori

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Use /time. Sunrise is at 3AM. So nights are really short compared to day. Through it's most of the time night when I record. Bad luck I guess.

Reactions: Vagrant

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Just checked the sunset- Around 20:00 / 10PM.
So 7 hours night, 17 hours day.

Reactions: Vagrant

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
They said there is seasons in terms of daylight amount per day - and the season was set to summer for more daylight some months ago. Perhaps its now moved to Winter

ETA on new map? Thanks.

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
CXTwlUu.png

The moonlight was decent just now near the Baki bridge

Reactions: Grisù

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
There is no effective way to stop gamme adjust, so they should just make night dark but see-able. Night should be an immersion effect, not a crippling effect; it tends to make people want to log off, or gamma up. Neither is good.