Creature control says it stuck buuuut....

Barney

Jan 28, 2022
So CC is at 77 (69 trained) and says domestication skill is holding it back...but dom. is at 100??

Why???

20220218040017_1.jpg

Duk420

Jan 12, 2022
The listing for limitation is always there. That just means that CC is tied to Domestication and can not level past it. If you want to level CC you need to level pets that are under your control, or buy the Advanced CC book and read it. That will level your CC as well.

Reactions: Barney

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
The listing for limitation is always there. That just means that CC is tied to Domestication and can not level past it. If you want to level CC you need to level pets that are under your control, or buy the Advanced CC book and read it. That will level your CC as well.
Your advice on levelling CC is absoutely correct, no issue with that. However, I think the "Limitation" is a bit more complex (and possibly broken) because ...
1/ It says Domestication is limiting the skill to a lower level than it could be, which is wrong
2/ I tried this on another skill and removing 1 level removed the limitation message, so it does seem that the message is triggering incorrectly when the child skill reaches the limit of what can be trained by the book you have just finished reading
3/ I thought that training a child skill automatically raised the parent skill (for example, I only ever trained Domestication to 20, it went up when I trained taming). If that's the case, in what sense is the parent skill limiting anything?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

herding bud. lol.

Reactions: Barney

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
3/ I thought that training a child skill automatically raised the parent skill (for example, I only ever trained Domestication to 20, it went up when I trained taming). If that's the case, in what sense is the parent skill limiting anything?

some child skills level up (much) faster than their parent
also, you may take points from a primary parent ending up with a limited child

Reactions: Camarro DaMortas