Crash Deleted Character- Answered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
One of my long time friends who I brought to MO2 experienced a glitch where he crashed yesterday and when he restarted his game his character was deleted. He has been playing with us since April and had a fully leveled Extractor who was close to making Cronite.

He is aware, as we all are, that this is a beta and stuff like this happens, thus I think it is important that StarVault is aware of this unfortunate occurrence.C6B69439-E1CD-40E1-B542-EF6E7DEB2BE8.jpeg

Last edited:

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Has your friend reported it in-game using Report Bug in the options menu? It may be possible that SV can restore the deleted character if it's an issue on their end, and that way they can try to fix it as well.

Reactions: Serverus

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Has your friend reported it in-game using Report Bug in the options menu? It may be possible that SV can restore the deleted character if it's an issue on their end, and that way they can try to fix it as well.
Yeah I mentioned this to him. He said he reported it in game but did not want SV to restore his character; especially if it would take time away from their production. He was a good sport about it.

Sebastian Persson

Lead Programmer
Staff member
May 27, 2020
Sweden
I checked the logs and he deleted the character. Before you say anything yes it was him, his account was not hacked it's the same IP he has logged in with all the other times he have played.
While checking the logs I also checked for any bug reports sent in by this friend and he has not sent a bug report about this issue.

So much for not wanting us to waste time I guess.

D

Deleted member 44

Weeb seeks attention on the internet. More news at 11.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
I checked the logs and he deleted the character. Before you say anything yes it was him, his account was not hacked it's the same IP he has logged in with all the other times he have played.
While checking the logs I also checked for any bug reports sent in by this friend and he has not sent a bug report about this issue.

So much for not wanting us to waste time I guess.
Well that’s embarrassing. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I trusted that my friend was telling the truth. Disappointment. @Sebastian Persson

Sebastian Persson

Lead Programmer
Staff member
May 27, 2020
Sweden
Well that’s embarrassing. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I trusted that my friend was telling the truth. Disappointment. @Sebastian Persson
I feel bad I dont think he ment no harm but I have to stop rumors like this as they will harm the game. He could not know you would bring it up with us.

Thread locked since the issue has a conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.