Cooking and alchemy, do you need 100?

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Simple question really, do you need 100 in cooking/alchemy skills or will you be able to throw 70 points for the best mechanical bonuses while 100 is for naming?

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
an interesting question... both of them also have 'advanced' skills as subskills so how will they affect things? these resulting items have no durability so its not clear how it should behave

-barcode

NINEN

Dec 20, 2020
I won't speak for cooking because I don't think very highly of the system in its current form.

However, I can speak about Alchemy, and I can tell you that you will need 100 in Alchemy, Potion Making, and Advanced Potion Making.

As a side note the primaries you should also then get are: Botany (under Material Lore), Botany Appliances & Alchemy Contraptions (under Crafting Appliances), Herbalism and Milling (under Extraction). There are a lot of secondaries to get, but that's the basic build for Alchemy.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
an interesting question... both of them also have 'advanced' skills as subskills so how will they affect things? these resulting items have no durability so its not clear how it should behave

-barcode

certain ones don't matter. Certain single ingredientcooks, but some do matter (w/ advanced.) Just depends. Cooking is sadlife atm, but yea if you're gonna cook for serious, as in using more than one ingredient, I would put it at 100 for both. The good thing about advanced is it seems to pop pretty high when it unlocks, like 40/50 so it's not as grindy.

Reactions: NINEN

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
that and about 14 other things :/ Cooking is just trash. Soph was its savior. We need something else. Now that people can make survival food with animats/botany and secondary points, there is really a need for a more advanced cooking method again. Bring back soph, make it affect standing. MAKE ME RICH SV.

Reactions: NINEN and Raknor