Consolidate crafting stations

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
Why are there so many crafting stations? weapon, armor, bows, shields, and now pets. fletching is supposedly coming, maybe we can hope for a first aid station too so we can craft bandaids or a thievery station to make thieving tools when thats implemented. glassblowing station? pottery station? tailoring station? dyeing station? where does it end? Is there a specific purpose to each of these stations and a reason to keep them separate? why not just have several 'crafting station' tables in the general crafting area of a town and you can choose from the UI what kind of crafting you want to do.

also will greatly simplify things when people try to live out of their houses and find they'd need to craft all these stations for their settlement. maybe if you have a large number of people living in close proximity they can invest together to craft all of these but for smaller groups it becomes far more annoying to go and maintain them all.

I get restricting extraction appliances in that it makes trade more attractive but all the crafting stations are in each town, why keep them separate? is there a good reason to do so that i'm missing?

-barcode

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
More things for people to build later on is one reason I can think of. And not to mention the cities and towns are huge. We need more stuff to fill them with :D

Reactions: Rhias