Concentration: Quiet I need to think...

Jasa

Jan 24, 2022
Mages at the moment are forced to pull out a weapon and parry, this is fine, and I encourage it. However, we should have another option for people wanting to be PURE mage... Concentration does not work 50% of the time. The tooltip is lying to you. I've played an Elf for 100hrs with Thaumaturge, and I can get 150+ casts out of 50 reagents. I've played a human battlemage for 800hrs with an additional 200hrs on a Hybrid. I propose a change, a rework.

Also to anyone saying Mage is not hard, you are either an elf using a dagger to weak spot people, or you are some sort of Hybrid. It takes more skill and luck to pull off a play against someone than a foot fighter who can round the corner and bonk you. 1v1 a mage will always lose unless they are a dex mage, I'm not trying to change that I just want mages to have some damn teeth and not be forced to become a Dex mage for Meta.

Reworked Concentration; Make it a HP % interrupt chance.

The higher the damage the higher the % you get interrupted. 180hp would make 18dmg a 25% interrupt while a 32 is 50% and 54 is a 75% interrupt chance. Paladins now become warcasters and dex mages now need to focus on getting hit less or their 150~ish hp means they will be interrupted more. Bosses now interrupt you way more and you cannot just get a lucky cast off when hit by a high damage enemy. Pets that deal more damage but may have less HP are now viable as mage hunters.

Note that most mages are about 150-170 hp and I've seen some with 120hp god help these people.

Human mages get interrupted less with low damaging attacks and fatmages can get a small buff I guess with their 180+ hp. THIS would mostly help heavy armor/high hp mages, Humans and Ogmir clade for mages would be cracked. This would also in a way Nerf Dex mages.

If I'm getting poked by a dagger for 1-4 damage why does it have the same chance of interrupting me as say a hammer to the head? 80+dmg give or take. I think this gives your armor more effect and a Paladin or Hybrid build will be able to get those casts off, while they cannot quickly regen they will now be able to stand their ground and say 'Boom' archers now instead of just planking away and interrupting us now have to land them headshots to interrupt us or play the game of chicken and baiting out a cast or time out for ecu spells.

Reactions: Siiiz and Calcal

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
I like this. At this point anything to change things up. Ive put 1000h into mage and I’m tired of having 0 chance of winning a 1v1.