Combat manuevring skill / armor speed problem

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
The real issue with the speed of armor atm is not actually with the armor itself. Fix combat manuevering a mage with no weapon out should run faster than a large full plate 2h axe wielding oghmir . the difference isnt in the stamina or dex its in the actual skill itself running skill should be affected by weight. you wouldnt hafto touch the armor sytem at all and it would still make sense. combat manuevering should only increase your speed with a weapon out. however that amount should never exceed the speed of running with weapons sheathed. thats a fundamental flaw , it would fix mage issues aswell , combat would feel more fluent for mages actually being able to kite as any race. the elves can kite anything with there active buff. it would go along way to improve the smoothness of pvp and the flow of battle.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
mages with the right build already can. Mages are OP.

yes. if your an elf you can kite eveything regardless of the class your trying to outrun unless its another elf.

The idea that you would run faster with your weapon and shield out rather then when its sheathed is fundamentaly backwards.

do i think the skill should be usefull? ya. if you dont have it you should move alot slower when your weapon and shield are out , but you still shouldnt catch a person wearing 2kg armor and sheathed weapons.

when your weapon is out you gain the ability to attack and do damage with melee or bow.

when your weapon is sheathed you may not melee or use a bow however you should have more mobility. Instead ... you are slower , you can run further yes... but you wont escape a heavy armored tank wielding a two handed axe.

Fearce

Mar 3, 2022
Yeah I mean the game always tells us that this is not 1vs1 balanced but it is. And SV hates mages and they put no love in the class. So yes ofcourse a full steel plate wearer can run you down even when you are naked. That is the game right now and there is nothing you can do. The difference between a mage and a melee should always open a possibility to cast a spell in between while you kite around. It is hit scan any way and you can dodge the spell. But right now and even with 131 Dex (which is 450 Movespeed) an oghmir in full plate can run you down. You can not cast spells in between your movement (where you have to stand still) because in that time the oghmir ALWAYS catches you and your spells deal so less damage because you have to focus on dex for movespeed that you need 6+ tlash to kill him. IF he is not able to bandage himself he still outruns you or get some passive regen ticks / Oghmir Pipe / Food / Healpot and many more shit ... But WHEN he catches you, it takes 2-3 hits to kill you. Steel weapon naked is 2 hits.

The game is far from balanced and it is simply not balanced on skill level of players. The game might be balanced skillwise Melee vs. Melee but the rest is simply none existent and SV does not show any thoughts to change it. It is what it is. Masterclass are melees. As a mage you are a pocket healer that can simply not survive solo in a 1vs1 and needs to stick behind the heavy tanks to simply spam one button ... heal

Just play melee and stop crying or live with the fact that you are dead everytime you get jumped ... that is all I can say ... unfortunately

Last edited:

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Yeah I mean the game always tells us that this is not 1vs1 balanced but it is. And SV hates mages and they put no love in the class. So yes ofcourse a full steel plate wearer can run you down even when you are naked. That is the game right now and there is nothing you can do. The difference between a mage and a melee should always open a possibility to cast a spell in between while you kite around. It is hit scan any way and you can dodge the spell. But right now and even with 131 Dex (which is 450 Movespeed) an oghmir in full plate can run you down. You can not cast spells in between your movement (where you have to stand still) because in that time the oghmir ALWAYS catches you and your spells deal so less damage because you have to focus on dex for movespeed that you need 6+ tlash to kill him. IF he is not able to bandage you himself he still outruns you or get some passive regen ticks / Oghmir Pipe / Food / Healpot and many more shit ... But WHEN he catches you, it takes 2-3 hits to kill you. Steel weapon naked is 2 hits.

The game is far from balanced and it is simply not balanced on skill level of players. The game might be balanced skillwise Melee vs. Melee but the rest is simply none existent and SV does not show any thoughts to change it. It is what it is. Masterclass are melees. As a mage you are a pocket healer that can simply not survive solo in a 1vs1 and needs to stick behind the heavy tanks to simply spam one button ... heal

Just play melee and stop crying or live with the fact that you are dead everytime you get jumped ... that is all I can say ... unfortunately

Jokes on you i wont give up. this is the closest thing to UO in a long time... i shall stand the test of time.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The idea that you would run faster with your weapon and shield out rather then when its sheathed is fundamentaly backwards.
Its called gameplay, realism isnt always good. Combat would; suck if all you had to do to get away was put ur weapon away and hold W and shift.