Combat issiues and memory leak since last patch.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I never had a terrible and super laggy Duels against US Players, since SV applied the the last patch. First of all there is some Kind of memory leak. Your FPS is getting worse over time, but also the Combat is getting worse over time, becuase the connection of a player seems to get worse over time, and fuck up the prediction system since the last patch.

A guy hitted me from some meters away ! Laggy Players could hit me from further away before, but only some cm. Now it feels terrible like in MO1. What happened ? Anyone else noticed that. I made arround 200 h of duels and t was always enjoyable before.

The prediction system always worked, but is failing us now. What did SV changed in the last Patch ? That strange Lags never happened before the Patch. I could not see the swing of a player beeing released. The animation did not show up. It looked like a feint. I talked to different Players and they tried to relog. They did not restarted their router. A simpel relog fixed the problen. Since then i could the full animation of the swings again.

That´s a huge Problem, and need to be fixed in the next patch, or the stresstest won´t be a success. I like the combat system and i had tons of fun, but since the last patch the combat is no longer enjoyable. I hope SV can fix it soon.

I personally would love to see if they would make 2 servers. An US and a EU Server, even if i have a lot of US Friends, if the game will have enough players. A more enjoyable combat lead to much more interested players. I am happy SV announced, that people with a super unstable connection will be thrown to the login screen, as soon as the game hit presistence.
I am happy about this decision. If you die because of lag, in a full loot game, it will annoy players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zbuciorn

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
I am getting some really weird stuff recently, especially around Kranesh. Sometimes I can not see peoples swings, sometimes the start the animation and hit me before the animation is even 50% complete. I relog, it fixes it.. sometimes.

It also does not depend on how long I have been in the game. I can log in and instantly have this issue.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I am getting some really weird stuff recently, especially around Kranesh. Sometimes I can not see peoples swings, sometimes the start the animation and hit me before the animation is even 50% complete. I relog, it fixes it.. sometimes.

It also does not depend on how long I have been in the game. I can log in and instantly have this issue.
Kran has always been that for me. I just don't go there anymore.

I never had a terrible and super laggy Duels against US Players, since SV applied the the last patch.
I am from the U.S. and found another person from the U.S. to duel in GK last night (which actually is a little hard to find, sadly.) I had a similar thing happen, we were dueling and the game was working fine, we were evenly matched but then he released his swing when he was so far away I didn't even try to parry because I thought he was just releasing instead of canceling it, and boom I got hit hard and lost. It was very far away, probably the length of an MO1 basic house away. There was no stutter or player slide or teleport either.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
I am living in EU and my ping is around 30 but have same problems dueling with other players from europe.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I think the stresstest should be delayed, if SV not fix that specific Issiue ! Alrashid is from germany. I am from germany aswell and Kuthara is from the UK. We all have a good ping and got this problems fighting each other. it is not a Ping issiue and those problems never happened before the patch
and there were nearly no players in the city.
Something went wrong with the patch

Last edited:

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Other combat issues include something being wrong with parries; Myself and several others I have dueled have observed split second parries giving Blocked damage. It may be related, but that's a really long delay.

Reactions: Rorry

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Other combat issues include something being wrong with parries; Myself and several others I have dueled have observed split second parries giving Blocked damage. It may be related, but that's a really long delay.
This may be lag, to where the person is hitting your back on their screen. I have experienced it, too.

There is also still the bug where if you swing too soon after catching a parry you only get a regular slow swing with uncharged swing level damage.