Combat in towns

LoPing

Dec 14, 2021
Ok so I was just killed by town guards a few min before this post. 2 players were shield bashing me and blocking me from getting to a NPC vendor. I would open the trade and then bash, bash ,bash trade window closed. After 2 time of this I hit back. Got killed by the guards lost my horse and all my gear. Do I not understand pvp? or was I griefed?

• Haha
Reactions: LordMega

Priamus

Dec 17, 2020
Sweden
Pushing/Bashing is legal and sometimes abused on new players to make them hit back. When you hit back you commit an íllegal act and the guards will react.

In my oppinion this is griefing, others might say something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Ok so I was just killed by town guards a few min before this post. 2 players were shield bashing me and blocking me from getting to a NPC vendor. I would open the trade and then bash, bash ,bash trade window closed. After 2 time of this I hit back. Got killed by the guards lost my horse and all my gear. Do I not understand pvp? or was I griefed?

Sorry to hear this happened to you. A protip is when you're in town, if you don't want to get in trouble, turn "Illegal actions" off in the options.

Yes, those people were probably trying to give you a hard time. Henrik (the CEO) has pondered this question multiple times in his weekly Twitch streams as he often gets shield bashed off wherever he is, outside of town etc as people want to mess with him.

It sounds like the idea which has the most support (and was in the first game in some version) is that shield bashing more than X number of times within a period of time will be a criminal action. A single shield bash shouldn't be, as people can bodily block doors etc, but repeatedly shield bashing almost clearly should be considered an action that makes you go grey.

If you have illegal actions turned off, you can feel free to shield bash them back, but I'd say just ignore them and they'll get tired of it or go to a different vendor for the moment. Hopefully some kind of shield bash illegality gets added before launch.