Choosing A Nation

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
Does anyone have a link to or can explain the philosophies of the different Nations.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
i think its just the tattoo style right know, but i always would love to have more infos about it

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Tindremenes is sort of like orderly Romans but larger with legions of heavy infantry in plate armor, also good with magic.
Khurites are like mongols in smaller tribes with light cav.
Kallards are like Scandinavians, big strong people, light-medium armor with axes.
Sidoians are like Africans big strong people, that is good with magic.
Sarduccans are short hardy sand people with good magic resistance.
Sheevra are like cave dwelling elves good with magic.
Veela is like wood elves living in jungles less good with magic than the sheevra but better in melee and bows.
Huergars are ichor infused oghmirs living in caves powerful mages and crafters. Creators of the blast furnaces.
Blains are oghmirs living on land without the ichor and with the kallards, 100% tank.
Risars are the happy people in this setting, living life, raiding and raping(this is how thursars are made) They are basically a mix of warcraft and lord of the rings orcs, large like in warcraft ugly like in LOTR.
Thursars(dont remember if they got a faction), big strong warriors always mixed with some human part. Everyone hates them and they are mostly outlaws.

Only 8 factions in game last i remember. So kallards and blains probably is the same. Thursars probably dont have one.

Everyone fights the Risars that is having war parties come in from the northeast.

Tindremenes and Khurites are at war last i heard. Think Tindremenes are even supposed to control MK atm.

Huergars used to be allied with The Tindremic Empire but felt betrayed i think... when the risars attacked and locked themselves in, in their caves in the northern Myrland. Minotaurs are believed to be their creations and guardians.

Thats about what i know so far.

Dont know if there is any info about the people on other continents so far like Sarduccans, Sidoians, Veelas.

Feel free to correct me on all this stuff cuz this is just what i heard over the years.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Sardu all day even my non sardu chars are gonna hail from sardu! I hope they flesh the 'nation of origin' system and SOON. That I made Risquiche an 18 year old Sard (objectively one of the worst attribute arrays hahaha) became a meme, and it's a meme I will continue to carry for MO history. Also the inspiration for the "all my characters are virgins" joke. Hopefully nobody is offended by that!

More choices are always better and I don't like any of the tattoos (never was into them in games tbh,) but I really hope the nation stuff matters. I have high hopes for MO2, and I can accept that it's just starting now and we are judging it based off of a fully fleshed game (imo like pre TC/sardu MO1 which was pretty deep minus bugz.) There is a lot for them to work with, but sometimes I think it's gonna take them about a year to get an actually decent game. A part of me might just look at the launch day patch notes and be like hup saving my sub haha.

Elenabel

Feb 28, 2022
Tindremenes is sort of like orderly Romans but larger with legions of heavy infantry in plate armor, also good with magic.
Kallards are like Scandinavians, big strong people, light-medium armor with axes.
Veela is like wood elves living in jungles less good with magic than the sheevra but better in melee and bows.
Huergars are ichor infused oghmirs living in caves powerful mages and crafters. Creators of the blast furnaces.
Blains are oghmirs living on land without the ichor and with the kallards, 100% tank.
Risars are the happy people in this setting, living life, raiding and raping(this is how thursars are made) They are basically a mix of warcraft and lord of the rings orcs, large like in warcraft ugly like in LOTR.
Thursars(dont remember if they got a faction), big strong warriors always mixed with some human part. Everyone hates them and they are mostly outlaws.

Only 8 factions in game last i remember. So kallards and blains probably is the same. Thursars probably dont have one.

Everyone fights the Risars that is having war parties come in from the northeast.

Tindremenes and Khurites are at war last i heard. Think Tindremenes are even supposed to control MK atm.

Huergars used to be allied with The Tindremic Empire but felt betrayed i think... when the risars attacked and locked themselves in, in their caves in the northern Myrland. Minotaurs are believed to be their creations and guardians.

Dont know if there is any info about the people on other continents so far like Sarduccans, Sidoians, Veelas.

Feel free to correct me on all this stuff cuz this is just what i heard over the years.
Veela are better in melee and bows than Sheevra? I doubt that. Sheevra have more attribute points etc..

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Veela are better in melee and bows than Sheevra? I doubt that. Sheevra have more attribute points etc..
Well that is true, however Veela got more dex, size and str cap so you get more movementspeed, weakspot chance, hp and damage bonus. If your only going for short bows you should reach max damage short bow as a sheevra. Longbows and asymmetrical bows would be better with Veelas higher str. You should be able to max out str, dex and con as either but sheevra would have more points and higher maximums for psyche/int.

Last edited:
Reactions: m4rt3 and Elenabel

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Why can do Sheevra then do more dmg with short bows?
They shouldn't deal more damage with a short bow than a Veela since the attributes are better for it on the Veelas and cladegifts being the same. So if that happend for you in some test, you might have missed something. Could be a number of things that could change the damage output other than the characters attributes and cladegifts. Things like bows range stat, durability(under 70% or if its 50% reduces damage), arrow types( bodkin(cheaper and weaker arrows), broadhead(standard arrows), longbow arrows(more damage on longbows and no weakspot chance)), character skills(ranged combat, archery, controlled riding, mounted archery), hitbox(head, torso, lower body, left/right arm), charge time(full draw or less). Hope this help you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Elenabel

Elenabel

Feb 28, 2022
They shouldn't deal more damage with a short bow than a Veela since the attributes are better for it on the Veelas and cladegifts being the same. So if that happend for you in some test, you might have missed something. Could be a number of things that could change the damage output other than the characters attributes and cladegifts. Things like bows range stat, durability(under 70% or if its 50% reduces damage), arrow types( bodkin(cheaper and weaker arrows), broadhead(standard arrows), longbow arrows(more damage on longbows and no weakspot chance)), character skills(ranged combat, archery, controlled riding, mounted archery), hitbox(head, torso, lower body, left/right arm), charge time(full draw or less). Hope this help you :)
Thx.
Yes. Good to know in common.

I was just asking because you wrote it before that Sheevra do more dmg with short bow.

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Thx.
Yes. Good to know in common.

I was just asking because you wrote it before that Sheevra do more dmg with short bow.
Oh i didnt mean that they do more, just that they reach the max damage for a short bow. Since the max damage only require 81.25 strength requirement. Unless there is some material i dont know off yet that would do higher and require more strength.

Reactions: Elenabel

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Some quick fixes... Tindremenes and Khurite are not at war, there is an uneasy peace between them. Tindrimic Empire is like the old Roman Empire, they are on their decline at this point in the game, they once spanned the entire known world. But have begun to crumble in the past 100 or so years. Now they are barely in control of their half of Myrland. The Khurites have only recently started creating permanent settlements. Morin Khur has always been the defacto capital of the Khurite people, but they have never really had a centralized government.

Thursars are not part of any one nation, they are just found in just about every human nation. As the war between Risars and most humans has raged for centuries. And are basically war rape babies... they themselves are unable reproduce easily, so it is commonly consider that Thursars are mules. Although Thursar + Thursar children has been known to happen it is extremely rare, and they are often sold into slavery or abandoned. There are supposedly Thursar settlements out there... but they mainly stay hidden because they know they would be hunted by both humans and risars.

Veela are a nomadic forest/jungle Alvarin.

The Heugar are the cave dwelling Oghmir. They used to have a close relationship with the Tindrimic Empire way back in time, but they retreated into their mountain fortress some hundred or more years ago. Few occasionally venture out but they are a far more closed off society then they once were. You can see parts of their fortress in "mage valley" the valley with all of the faces on the mountain. They for the most part live inside and under the Talus mountain range.

Blainn seperated from the Heugar and live mostly in peace with the Nords in Nordveld. The Nords are at war with the Tindremic Empire.

The Sarducaan Empire is also at war with the Tindremic Empire but instead of choosing to invade they are quite content to live in Sarduca and leave the Nords to destroy the Tindremic Empire.

Sidoians used to be a slave race to a long dead race, and are from a sunken land (think Atlantis). They mostly travel the world as traders, scholars, mercenaries, or tradesmen.

At least this is the history of Nave as best as this old Aegis Imperium member can remember.

Elenabel

Feb 28, 2022
Some quick fixes... Tindremenes and Khurite are not at war, there is an uneasy peace between them. Tindrimic Empire is like the old Roman Empire, they are on their decline at this point in the game, they once spanned the entire known world. But have begun to crumble in the past 100 or so years. Now they are barely in control of their half of Myrland. The Khurites have only recently started creating permanent settlements. Morin Khur has always been the defacto capital of the Khurite people, but they have never really had a centralized government.

Thursars are not part of any one nation, they are just found in just about every human nation. As the war between Risars and most humans has raged for centuries. And are basically war rape babies... they themselves are unable reproduce easily, so it is commonly consider that Thursars are mules. Although Thursar + Thursar children has been known to happen it is extremely rare, and they are often sold into slavery or abandoned. There are supposedly Thursar settlements out there... but they mainly stay hidden because they know they would be hunted by both humans and risars.

Veela are a nomadic forest/jungle Alvarin.

The Heugar are the cave dwelling Oghmir. They used to have a close relationship with the Tindrimic Empire way back in time, but they retreated into their mountain fortress some hundred or more years ago. Few occasionally venture out but they are a far more closed off society then they once were. You can see parts of their fortress in "mage valley" the valley with all of the faces on the mountain. They for the most part live inside and under the Talus mountain range.

Blainn seperated from the Heugar and live mostly in peace with the Nords in Nordveld. The Nords are at war with the Tindremic Empire.

The Sarducaan Empire is also at war with the Tindremic Empire but instead of choosing to invade they are quite content to live in Sarduca and leave the Nords to destroy the Tindremic Empire.

Sidoians used to be a slave race to a long dead race, and are from a sunken land (think Atlantis). They mostly travel the world as traders, scholars, mercenaries, or tradesmen.

At least this is the history of Nave as best as this old Aegis Imperium member can remember.
Nice! Thank you very much!