Chat options for a minimalist UI

Krivvin

Nov 29, 2020
I have a few ideas for a clean UI in regards to chat and having a clean UI for screenshots and long walks in the wilderness.

Currently, the chat will stay visible for as long as the session persists.

I suggest:
1. A text command to clear the chat, such as /clear or something like that.
2. Another channel that has no chat or messages, such as a "silent" channel.
3. An option to have the chat window fade away after a period of inactivity, such as a minute or two (preferably a customizable setting to suit user preference).

Reactions: Valoran and Ask

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
While we're on the subject of chat windows, being able to change font size would be very helpful for those running very high-res, or just old and blind like me =P maybe even a resizable window. My .02

Buffallo

Aug 3, 2020
I have a few ideas for a clean UI in regards to chat and having a clean UI for screenshots and long walks in the wilderness.

Currently, the chat will stay visible for as long as the session persists.

I suggest:
1. A text command to clear the chat, such as /clear or something like that.
2. Another channel that has no chat or messages, such as a "silent" channel.
3. An option to have the chat window fade away after a period of inactivity, such as a minute or two (preferably a customizable setting to suit user preference).

does enter still not bring up chat?

Kalistair

May 28, 2020
An additional chat UI suggestion I'd like to throw out is for us users of multiple chat tabs. Too many times have I missed a message in my whispers/guild tabs because I've been in my local chat tab occupied with something else. Flooded combat texts along with other chats would over time push back and remove the older messages I had received in a different tab. A faint little indicator of a newly received message on the corresponding tab would be a nice quality of life change so that I wouldn't have to cycle through all of my tabs just to make sure I didn't miss anything, as I did in MO1.