Character rerolling

Beatel

Apr 18, 2022
Proposed solution for accounts that delete and create new characters to avoid their accumulated murder counts:

1. New accounts start with two (2) timer free rerolls. This allows new players to create a few characters to try out different play styles. After these two rerolls are used up...

2a. Prohibit character deletion if you have active murder counts. edit: This option is a bit much, see the next option for a more reasonable solution.

OR

2b. Add a timer prohibiting deletion of characters after accruing a murder count. After this timer (1 day <-> 1 week), then allow the character to be deleted.

I only offer 2b as a solution that's not as harsh as 2a (looking at you, triple digit murderers). However, players should not be able to entirely avoid an intended game mechanic by simply deleting the character, spend 2-3 hours in Haven and Mainland, and then begin the town murder sprees all over, several times a day (Yes, there are those committed enough to do this frequently).

For those who don't care about the longevity of their character, allowing rerolls without a timer defeats the purpose of a criminal system at all.

More criticism and ideas here are encouraged.

This isn't a discussion on whether PVP should occur in towns, as this should be allowed and is dealt with by having a criminal system in the first place.

Last edited:

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Seriously you guys won't stop until nonconsencual PvP is removed from the game?

Reactions: Tzone

Beatel

Apr 18, 2022
Seriously you guys won't stop until nonconsencual PvP is removed from the game?

Read the last line of my post again. Non-consensual PVP is fine, avoiding the consequences of PVP by remaking a character several times a day Is not.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Read the last line of my post again. Non-consensual PVP is fine, avoiding the consequences of PVP by remaking a character several times a day Is not.
Having to remake a character several times a day (whoever does that?! Why?!!!) is a consequence on its own.

For those who don't care about the longevity of their character, allowing rerolls without a timer defeats the purpose of a criminal system at all.
This is simply not true. I have 18 clade gifts, fully levelled professions, ecumenical, spiritism and all, and enough MCs for a few months online, and no way i'm rerolling this character. Most people don't reroll just because they have some MCs. I can't imagine why anyone would do this. Even if you want to just troll noobs on GY, it still doesn't make any sense AT ALL. What, you get 5+ MCs, you reroll a fresh new toon, suppose you don't even spend any time leveling your skills or clades and go to the GY straight from Haven, why not just make a proper character and troll noobs with it, it's not like you gonna bounty hunt on a character that you reroll every single day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Banespike and Tzone

Beatel

Apr 18, 2022
Having to remake a character several times a day (whoever does that?! Why?!!!) is a consequence on its own.

They dont care about the overall progression of these accounts, they're probably alt accounts used specifically for this purpose. It takes next to nothing for these types to spend 2-3 hours making a character strong enough to go around murdering at will, then avoiding the intended gameplay by starting the process over. This means they also can't be bounty hunted, avoiding yet another intended mechanic.

This is simply not true. I have 18 clade gifts, fully levelled professions, ecumenical, spiritism and all, and enough MCs for a few months online, and no way i'm rerolling this character.
Read option 2b, 2a is harsh even in my own opinion. This entire mechanic doesn't apply to you, since you don't reroll to avoid MC.

Last edited:

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
They dont care about the overall progression of these accounts, they're probably alt accounts used specifically for this purpose. It takes next to nothing for these types to spend 2-3 hours making a character strong enough to go around murdering at will, then avoiding the intended gameplay by starting the process over. This means they also can't be bounty hunted, avoiding yet another intended mechanic.
I think you're proposing a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Okay they're avoiding bounty hunt so what? Being killed by a bounty hunter means MAYBE a full set of armor and weapons, no prob, you can get molarium stuff in minutes. Still better than to REROLL, spend 2-3 hours making a character who can't even wear proper armor because armor training takes time to train so molarium again, and go on trolling. What conseqences are you talking about that are harsher than spending 2-3 hours on making a character? Hell you need red priest, you make an spiritist alt or just build a stronghold, not a problem at all. The time you spend on creating a new character every time you reach 5 MC would be much better spent on hunting taur dogs for your own personal red priest.

If i want to troll folks at GY i get more than 5 MCs in MINUTES. You think someone will spend 2-3 hours on making a new character after MINUTES of having fun trollin' people? People complain about having to walk 20 minutes from red priests ffs.

I suppose maybe SOME people may be doing this, but all i can say is - they're idiots and the only people they troll is themselves. Let them.

Reactions: CrgHck and Tzone

Beatel

Apr 18, 2022
I think you're proposing a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

I don't see it, therefor it doesn't exist.

It exists, Henrik has even talked about adding something to deal with it several streams back, so it's also acknowledged by the development team. This is my idea on how it could work, hopefully giving the team an idea to work with.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
I don't see it, therefor it doesn't exist.

It exists, Henrik has even talked about adding something to deal with it several streams back, so it's also acknowledged by the development team. This is my idea on how it could work, hopefully giving the team an idea to work with.
No it doesn't exist lmao. Maybe it did in beta. But even then people rarely rerolled.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Only people that rerolled in beta to drop MCs were miscreants and most miscreants would AFK to burn MCs so they didn't reroll much most of beta. You people are clearly out of touch and ignorant of what is going on in game. The toxicity and spiteful ness is clear to see.

Ive only seen some Talus kids reroll before the patch and they were nobody noobs.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Making new chars is really time consuming let people do it, idk who does that instead of just getting an alt account. But if they do let them fucking do it.