Character build AFTER Tutorial

John Reese

Apr 1, 2021
I think it would be much easier to get into the game for new players if they can change the Character build after the tutorial.

It would be nice if you choose a Character build like now, but in the end of the tutorial after they learned how to play, they can adjuste theyre Grandparent settings for example.

This would be not that frustrating then it is at the moment if you have to delete the whole character.

Acebane

Feb 28, 2021
I agree with you. I thought of this also but I was worried if it could be seamlessly integrated without breaking stuff. Not to be mean to Starvault but it just sounded like a way for them to create more bugs. Currently transferring your bank is already a challenge because some players lose their stuff there. So allowing a player to on the fly edit their race/stats before leaving and retaining their inventories sounded scary to me. If they can pull it off, I'm all for it.

Maybe another idea could be "Example" builds during character creation that they can have as templates or just some general guidance (Foot warrior builds, mage build, archer build, mounted combat). If not templates then things such as what stats are important for what kind of role the player wants to play and what race may be better suited to the role. I find this strategy better than just saying "Go look at the forums or some website" We want to keep the player tabbed into Mortal if we can help it and I'd argue the character creation is VERY important in MO2. Most games it's just aesthetics but this game it's damn near game-altering to choose a "bad race" and stat combo for the intended role the player wants.

Falcar

Dec 18, 2021
Norway
In a different thread I mentioned having a separate game mode that functions like a training arena. You can make as many characters you want, and instantly spec skills to whatever levels you desire within the normal character limits. This would allow you to test things out against some PvE and volunteer PvP, and get a feel for what style you like and to make a character you enjoy playing. Then you could create your character in the main game, but now you know what you want to have in the end.

It would also help people testing out different builds, and maybe even discover things that are unbalanced etc. Idunno, at least it wouldn't directly affect the main game.

Reactions: Najwalaylah