Can we talk about lag switching already?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Cause it’s getting more and more frequent. Not only are people always running into water now, but more and more we have to deal with serious amount of lag even in small fights ......which, by the way, doesn’t seem to effect the people that are actually lagging.

This is not just my opinion, I’ve heard many players complain in the last week. And yes, it’s very often the same people/guild that conveniently have a lot of lag helping them.

I thought this shit was left in MO1. Why are we back having to deal with unhittable people that skip and slide all over the place, but seem to have no problem hitting others?

I’m not here to point fingers at players. But SV needs to start disconnecting people that have over a certain amount of high ping or packet loss. You want to have only one server? Then start kicking people that don’t have a good enough connection. Otherwise we are back to square one here.

Last edited:

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Cause it’s getting more and more frequent. Not only are people always running into water now, but more and more we have to deal with serious amount of lag even in small fights ......which, by the way, doesn’t seem to effect the people that are actually lagging.

This is not just my opinion, I’ve heard many players complain in the last week. And yes, it’s very often the same people/guild that conveniently have a lot of lag helping them.

I thought this shit was left in MO1. Why are we back having to deal with unhittable people that skip and slide all over the place, but seem to have no problem hitting others?

How do we put this on loudspeaker for SV?

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020

I’m not here to point fingers at players. But SV needs to start disconnecting people that have over a certain amount of high ping or packet loss. You want to have only one server? Then start kicking people that don’t have a good enough connection. Otherwise we are back to square one here.

SV announced that those people will get kicked to loginscreen, if their ping is too high, or unstable, that the prediction system fails, or if they manipulate the VPN Upload rate to cause packet loss after release.

"Another phase of security gets into place as we prepare to finalize this important system as well to make sure everyone plays on the same terms and anyone breaking these rules will be perma removed from the game. These systems are being fine-tuned and finalized during the beta as well to make sure we are fully prepared for persistent."

Last edited:

GoldenGecko

Mar 14, 2021
And yes, it’s very often the same people/guild that conveniently have a lot of lag helping them.
It's one of the consequences of a 1 server setup. West coast, ME, Asian, and SA players will be laggy players and put increased stress on the server. Since the game is client side those players will unfortunately have a decent advantage in group fights.

But you as a low ping player have a insane advantage in a 1v1 situation. Almost impossible for the high ping player to overcome.