Buy Beta or wait? AND Server Locations?

DigitalDayDream

Feb 7, 2021
Hello I am thinking about purchasing this game but I have a couple of questions.

Should I wait for early assess or donate for a beta key? and is EA still set for March?

I Heard there only server is in Europe is that true? Because I am from Australia
and I get a 260-300ping from most American servers in past MMO’s, But a Europe sever could be unplayable for me.

If that’s the case Is there any word about a NA server? In the foreseeable future?

Thanks.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
of course buy it now and EA is maybe end of march. their is a ping normalization system but if you have 300ms you get some disadvantages in duels and the chance of packet loss is higher so dont buy it if you are a very serious competitive gamer but most people are not. its still an MMORPG.

JGByrne

Feb 8, 2021
Can't speak for the ping situation since I'm from EU, but StarVault made a genuine effort in trying to guarantee that all players have a decent chance by using their ping normalization system. Again, can't really speak for myself, but as the post above mentions, you'll feel the ping mostly in duels.

As far as I know, NA servers aren't on the list for the near future, since StarVault wants the game to remain in one server and one world, but that could change in the future I suppose. No idea.

As for Beta access, you'll get access to the game and 1 month subscription after it goes persistent, so even if you'd buy the game after it leaves Beta, you'd probably be paying a similar price to what you'll pay now anyway. Even at this early stage, the combat is fun and satisfying. It's fun to explore the systems and get a hang of the game while you patiently await for the persistent release. You should really give it a try! I haven't played MO since about 2013 and I had a blast trying out all of the new systems and the improved combat.

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
I've been playing Mortal online for a long time (Aussie myself), While the ping has been quite the disadvantage, Playing in groups you can be viable.
1v1 you may get bodied quite alot due to the disadvantage, At most your play of style would have to be scumbaggy and either getting the jump on others whom are unaware.

Other than that what's kept me playing is the 'Crafting/Gathering System' ingame, Quite fun to experiment and to sell your products.

Wesley Snipes

May 28, 2020
The server is located in london. They have some kinda of funky "ping normalization" that "maybe", "kinda" works, and some times doesn't.