Buildable Walls

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Right now its not really an issue but if thieving ends up the same as mo1 people being in your house means people will be able to steal your items. People will 100% camp doors to try and get in and loot chests. There has got to be some sort of airlock system or something for smaller tier houses and strongholds or its going to be nothing but door camping...

I hope we do get some chests and such that others can access. But currently only I can access the chest in my house.

Henrik in his last stream mentioned that we may be able to have shared ownership or set some permissions down the road.

But even that does not sound like a thief will have access to everything just because they are able to get into the house.

I really do hope that they include a type of storage that anyone can access.

In the first game I had a piece of storage that was open to everyone. And I left things for my visitors in it.

I also left a guestbook in it that visitors could write things in and read what others had written.

It was a lot of laughs reading what players that visited my house would write.

Last edited:

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Idk I think walls could work but not in a game like mo. Maybe if the games building was more like Conan exiles. Honestly a giant Conan exiles style game would be a lot more fun

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Houses could maybe have short "fences" large enough so that horse can't jump them but small enough for players to jump.

Strongholds could have a ring wall made from wood that encircled the building and a small space around it, nothing big enough to place a vendor or machine in though.

I think these 2 options should be able to be destroyed or damaged to a point that allows access without the use of siege equipment, a few players with axes (higher str more damage) should be able to do this in a few minutes but at the same time these walls should be cheap and quick to repair, I would imagine the HP of walls is in smaller sections so that you can't have 20 player hitting 1 wall and taking it down in seconds.
Also no loot or mats should drop from these walls as there is no reason to make it lucrative to chop up small wooden walls.

I really hope we don't have dinky little houses being protected by the gates of Mordor