Build Info Request: Dark Archer With Ritual Pets

Neon-Lotus

Jul 29, 2024
Could someone give me a rundown on how to build the dark archer with ritual pets build please. If you have any playstyle tips I would very much appreciated those as well.

Thanks

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Are you talking about the mounted wheelchair build with archery, magic and ritual pets?

31 year old Shevra. Min height. Fat. 68 strength (so with clades you can use 82 strenght short bows). Max con. Max Int. Max pshyce.

Archery.
Mounted archery.
Controlled riding.
Mounted magery.
Ecumenical spells.
Mental training.
Mental offence.
Necromancy.
Necro rituals.
Anatomy( to 50)
Taming (only to 50)
Aiming technique (only to 60)
Controlled aiming (only to 60)
Creature control (only to 30)
Vitalism.

Playstyle. You use mounted archery to kill the enemy horse, then send your OP necro pet to finish the job and roll your face on keyboard. If you really want to laugh out loud throw cloud of ashes on the enemy while he is fighting your pet.

Last edited:
May 4, 2024
Dark archer, arcane archer, dragon knight. You guys come up with the cringiest names. Why don't we talk about the skills we want on the race we want.

Neon-Lotus

Jul 29, 2024
Are you talking about the mounted wheelchair build with archery, magic and ritual pets?

31 year old Shevra. Min height. Fat. 68 strength (so with clades you can use 82 strenght short bows). Max con. Max Int. Max pshyce.

Archery.
Mounted archery.
Controlled riding.
Mounted magery.
Ecumenical spells.
Mental training.
Mental offence.
Necromancy.
Necro rituals.
Anatomy( to 50)
Taming (only to 50)
Aiming technique (only to 60)
Controlled aiming (only to 60)
Creature control (only to 30)
Vitalism.

Playstyle. You use mounted archery to kill the enemy horse, then send your OP necro pet to finish the job and roll your face on keyboard. If you really want to laugh out loud throw cloud of ashes on the enemy while he is fighting your pet.

Ok, so this build does not use any melee weapon at all and must always run from melee combat right?

My current build is very similar, I could easily turn my current char into this, the only thing is im a bulging 50 year old. Weight can be decreased but what about the age? How will that effect me? Should I start a new char with the right age or does not make too much of a difference? Can age be changed?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Ok, so this build does not use any melee weapon at all and must always run from melee combat right?

My current build is very similar, I could easily turn my current char into this, the only thing is im a bulging 50 year old. Weight can be decreased but what about the age? How will that effect me? Should I start a new char with the right age or does not make too much of a difference? Can age be changed?
This build is wheelchair, so if you lose your horse you are in trouble. You’ll be using short bows and magic almost exclusively. Ideally you never fight on foot, but i guess if you get dismounted you can still try and survive by using your pet for damage while you use death hand (or hide in cloud of ashes). Too bad death hand is such a shitty spell to land. But yea, you want to avoid foot combat if you can.
Technically you could use a melee weapon to parry if you are on foot, but without the blocking skill it wont be very effective. Id say this is an absolute last resort.

Older Alvarins gain Int at the expense of Dex, but since this is a fat mounted build you dont care about dex. If anything, your spells will hit a bit harder which is good. I wouldn't re-roll just to change the age.

Necro (risen) pets like celaenos, white bears, terror birds or even linx are very nasty ,but they are always flagged grey (and so will you) so the issue is that everyone you meet will most likely try and kill it. Running away is a shitty option because your pet will lag behind and most likely will be killed by the pursuers. You also cant run into towns because you are grey. So while the build itself is very strong, it does come with significant drawbacks, depending on where you live of course.

Last edited: