Bug with new patch, parrying too fast does 0 dmg.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
After changing the DMG on spam attacks where not charging your swing, does zero damage, the same occurs sometimes when doing a parry return if you do it too fast.

This is super annoying where you land a succesful counter but it ends up doing no damage.

Please fix this ASAP, punishes playing fast and rewards boomer play.

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
After changing the DMG on spam attacks where not charging your swing, does zero damage, the same occurs sometimes when doing a parry return if you do it too fast.

This is super annoying where you land a succesful counter but it ends up doing no damage.

Please fix this ASAP, punishes playing fast and rewards boomer play.

Yeah agreed! I think its due to the server not having time to recognize the parry yet
However this has been a bug for quite a while now, just it was more rare before

Reactions: Valoran
D

Deleted member 44

I've reported this as a bug. All combat should be client side so your client not recognizing the parry doesn't make much sense. I've even noticed this when I parry and swing with a key outside of the mouse. What I think might be the issue is that the game thinks you are trying to charge a swing instead of parry which really needs to be removed as a possibility if you are in the parry window.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
It doesn't make a lot of sense that the server isn't registering the parry state in time, as the server only knows you landed a hit after it receives your packets telling it you landed a hit.

At that point why not attach some kind of tag to the hit data that ensures it is calculated as a counter and not a normal attack?

There are a multitude of ways to solve this problem, and i'm sure they'll get around to it soon. They know about it for sure.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Bump.

Lmao ofcourse this didnt get fixed in the latest patch, no shock there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rorry

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Bump.

Lmao ofcourse this didnt get fixed in the latest patch, no shock there.

Mmm, it's been a bug for a while even before the previous patch. It's just that now it seems to be worse, probably due to the changes made to combat pacing. They're likely aware of it. Basic testing in house would reveal this happens often enough for them to notice so perhaps there's some higher technical/network challenges they still need to solve in order to fix it?

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Mmm, it's been a bug for a while even before the previous patch. It's just that now it seems to be worse, probably due to the changes made to combat pacing. They're likely aware of it. Basic testing in house would reveal this happens often enough for them to notice so perhaps there's some higher technical/network challenges they still need to solve in order to fix it?
Likely so as it has been in game for more than a year.