Bow Types. What Do?

Kulrig

Mar 25, 2022
Heya,

When I started playing I figured I would pick up bow crafting and level all of the branches to 100 so I could outfit my eventual guild with the best bows around. However, now that I have (almost) reached that goal... I realize I have no idea what bow is best for what purpose.

Thus the question; what bow type is best for what situation? Does each kind have its own niche and market? I figure that long recurve bows are great for PvE since my bone bow is letting me comfortably solo the bandit camps and dungeon, and it makes farming animals for meat and hides easy, but that's all I've found out on my own so far. As for the rest, I'm clueless.

Cheers!

Turd

Jan 27, 2022
Shortbow - Used for Mounted Archery. Doesn't drain stamina so you can kite pve mobs until they die. Only requires 78 Str for the best.
Assym - Can be used for Mounted Archery. Drains more stamina for slightly better damage. Better for pvp, worse for kiting pve.
Longbow - Cannot be used mounted. This is your horse slaying bow.

Range = Damage.
Recurve is higher range.
Decurve is higher durability for farming.

As for market bows sell for very little coin. I'm talking 30-50 silver.
Trader is flooded with them. 1 stack of crepite can make like 140 maxed shortbows.

You'll need to get familiar with the Crafting Calculator.
Popular builds use 114, 121, 123 str so craft bows with that in mind.

Shortbow is crepite + crepite 5%.
Assm and Longbow will be some variation of Spongewood + Crepite.

Kulrig

Mar 25, 2022
As for market bows sell for very little coin. I'm talking 30-50 silver.
Trader is flooded with them. 1 stack of crepite can make like 140 maxed shortbows.

Ouch... This may call for rethinking my crafting skill setup.

Turd

Jan 27, 2022
Correct, a new player wont have easy access to dense crepite though. Regular crepite is attainable in Haven.

Not true. Best short bow requires 82 strength. There are some hidden stamina effects as well.

Care to explain further?