Bounty System

• Thread starter Deleted member 44
  • Start date

Tzone

May 16, 2021
smerrick lives rent free in everyones head lol.

But yeah I dont hate bounty systems but it seems more a rage cope thing then a beneficial system for both sides. Red players are just unfairly hated by the devs and they dont do anything for reds. All they do is punish red players more and more.

A great system would include bonus's for both sides. Maybe the bounty players need to flee to the lawless area (gets them away from town) and if they kill the bounty hunter and turn their head into the bandits they get bandit rep or something.

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
All they do is punish red players more and more.
gues why
hint: balance

Whats the benefit for the hunted? Adding more risk but the reward is the same.
this a serious question?
What is someone who has nothing to lose going out killing gatherers, kill horses only to "griefe" or priestcamps risking?
If your mindset is beeing red and a murderer you never risk anything worthy as your aim is to fight and kill without taking big risks.
You like to go out ans kill people regardless of what they have or can do about it, you choose when and where you turn grey and attack, you can dictate the battlefield almost all the time and profit from beeing the master of the situation and having the initiative.
Reds dont risk anything really, they choosed this playstyle and are mostly winning due to the situation, no?
If not imho you do something wrong as a red.
Played red myself in other games and i know perfectly you give a shit losing and only go out in crap gear looking for the opportunity to gank some easy targets most of the time or harass people by killing their horses "without any purpose" other than harassing and killing for killings sake.
Sure you will also attack small groups but only when you are in the better position and not having disadvantages, or do you want to tell us Red players have honor and fight the good fight for some weird moral values about fairness like a Noble has?

c'mon we are talking about red players nor robin hood ^^

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Well since you're so good, people will throw weapons and armor at you, you should rejoice !
You sound upset, go cool down and come back when you are ready to convo in good faith.

Wollkneul

May 28, 2020
It's funny how the same people that complained about Star Vault killing PvP by removing red priest are now complaining about a feature that would increase their amount of PvP.

It's quite obvious that you guys just used PvP as an excuse to justify mindless and unfair ganking

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
I am not saying every player who is red is currently red because they kill everyone one they see including babies, but i do find it ironic that these players by making the choice to pvp/ gank players freely to get gear, mats, goods etc, are complaining it COULD happen to them. Something to think about also is of current red players are pretty good at PvP so inherently will be able to defend better themselves anyways. If little greenhorn PVPers come to kill you, smack them down, I'm gonna BH, make sure you kick my ass over and over. Its whatever

If this is a bad take, let me know

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Yeah I hope it doesnt tell you the name because it will be used by the big alliances to scout.

The system should really just tell you race, height, weight, and hair style. Then when you find them and there name is read their name you figure out who it is. If you keep rolling to find the players name you want you can just use it to track people while sending other people to harass them.

Whats the benefit for the hunted? Adding more risk but the reward is the same.

If they gave a reward for defeating the hunters then It would be a better experience all around instead of just trying to give a coping mechanism to make the people who got PvP'd feel like there is some punishment down the road for the PvPer.
Why should a hunted criminal gain anything other then freedom and the gear of his hunters if he manage to slay them ?

I mean there is a reason he has a bounty on him afterall. Dont do the bad deed if you cant handle the consequences.
The entire blue vs red system of MO is made so that reds will be hunted for their misdeeds.
SV just cant grasp that and create a NPC that buys heads of red players with higher payout the higher MCs the criminal has.

Supposed to be a player centric game but only npcs will hunt and attack criminals on sight, npcs without limitations, systems, aggro or balance. The eternal failure of SV where they cant limit anything in their game be it AI, NPCs, bugs, glitches, dupers, hackers or cheaters....

Same story, same game but different name, sad but true...

smerrick lives rent free in everyones head lol.

But yeah I dont hate bounty systems but it seems more a rage cope thing then a beneficial system for both sides. Red players are just unfairly hated by the devs and they dont do anything for reds. All they do is punish red players more and more.

A great system would include bonus's for both sides. Maybe the bounty players need to flee to the lawless area (gets them away from town) and if they kill the bounty hunter and turn their head into the bandits they get bandit rep or something.
Red players like Thursars are meant to be shunned, locked out and hunted viciously. But SV aint got no balls so we got this carebear online shit we have now where noone is happy about the state of affairs.

Red players are meant to be the very best players due to the intended but lacking hard and harsh playstyle that it is to be a red player. Its meant to be a sign that you are above 99% of the players. The worst red player SHOULD be better then most elite blue players, as it used to be in old old MO, before the dark times, before the sellouts...

A red players death is meant to set him back, not mean nothing like now. To regear as a red player should be costly, time consuming and hard, to live as a red player should be like playing a solo blue but be a war target to all other players and groups. Almost like you are glowing and beaming telling everyone to come get you.

But thats all fantasy wishful thinking from a real hardcore player missing the little hardcore elements MO did at one point over 10 years ago.
I mean we dont even have freaking statloss anymore and that was negated by standing still blocking for 5 min...

Last edited:
Reactions: Raknor

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
They will hafto implement an Infamy system as well i feel. add the evil titles and red towns. giving red towns a rep system to keep bounty hunters out. if they break nuetral zone rules.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
They will hafto implement an Infamy system as well i feel. add the evil titles and red towns. giving red towns a rep system to keep bounty hunters out. if they break nuetral zone rules.
We do have fame and infamy systems already but since its SV making them they are barebones and waiting for finalization which will come within 10 years time in normal SV fashion. What we have now is simply place holders for the place holders...same shit different name for now...

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Why should a hunted criminal gain anything other then freedom and the gear of his hunters if he manage to slay them ?

I mean there is a reason he has a bounty on him afterall. Dont do the bad deed if you cant handle the consequences.
The entire blue vs red system of MO is made so that reds will be hunted for their misdeeds.
SV just cant grasp that and create a NPC that buys heads of red players with higher payout the higher MCs the criminal has.

Supposed to be a player centric game but only npcs will hunt and attack criminals on sight, npcs without limitations, systems, aggro or balance. The eternal failure of SV where they cant limit anything in their game be it AI, NPCs, bugs, glitches, dupers, hackers or cheaters....

Same story, same game but different name, sad but true...

Red players like Thursars are meant to be shunned, locked out and hunted viciously. But SV aint got no balls so we got this carebear online shit we have now where noone is happy about the state of affairs.

Red players are meant to be the very best players due to the intended but lacking hard and harsh playstyle that it is to be a red player. Its meant to be a sign that you are above 99% of the players. The worst red player SHOULD be better then most elite blue players, as it used to be in old old MO, before the dark times, before the sellouts...

A red players death is meant to set him back, not mean nothing like now. To regear as a red player should be costly, time consuming and hard, to live as a red player should be like playing a solo blue but be a war target to all other players and groups. Almost like you are glowing and beaming telling everyone to come get you.

But thats all fantasy wishful thinking from a real hardcore player missing the little hardcore elements MO did at one point over 10 years ago.
I mean we dont even have freaking statloss anymore and that was negated by standing still blocking for 5 min...
Because it makes better content for both sides. Having murdercounts doenst mean you are the bad person here. Just means that you had to fight peeople and won. Or you lost and they suicided to MC you.

It would just be a better gameplay loop all around and makes more endorphins released for the players all around.

Its like punishing people who are wining their fights who are already punished harshly already. You dont need to repeatedly punish the most punished players in the game. But with a system like bounty hunting they can throw rewards towards the people who are hunted for certain ways of play. Such as if you are hunted and go to the lawless areas and kill the hunter then you get a reward.

Even working towards titles for killing the hunters would be nice to see.

I get the Hernik thinks that PvPers killed mo1 but his hate towards PvPers is killing mo2.

Like he only knows how to encourage behavior that he likes with the stick instead of the carrot and the stick. The game is a egotistical game made by and for people with huge egos. So when PvPers dont fall in line Henrik only knows how to hit harder. Lots of good ideas could have been done that would have lowered the PvP around towns and

You could just have enjoyable gameplay for both sides in stead of just trying hurt another person because another person got hurt.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Because it makes better content for both sides. Having murdercounts doenst mean you are the bad person here. Just means that you had to fight peeople and won. Or you lost and they suicided to MC you.

It would just be a better gameplay loop all around and makes more endorphins released for the players all around.

Its like punishing people who are wining their fights who are already punished harshly already. You dont need to repeatedly punish the most punished players in the game. But with a system like bounty hunting they can throw rewards towards the people who are hunted for certain ways of play. Such as if you are hunted and go to the lawless areas and kill the hunter then you get a reward.

Even working towards titles for killing the hunters would be nice to see.

I get the Hernik thinks that PvPers killed mo1 but his hate towards PvPers is killing mo2.

Like he only knows how to encourage behavior that he likes with the stick instead of the carrot and the stick. The game is a egotistical game made by and for people with huge egos. So when PvPers dont fall in line Henrik only knows how to hit harder. Lots of good ideas could have been done that would have lowered the PvP around towns and

You could just have enjoyable gameplay for both sides in stead of just trying hurt another person because another person got hurt.
True. Henriks vision is flawed. He says he wants MO to be the modern UO, but UO did promote PvP and conflict with its systems, MO and MO2 does not.

A simple way to fix this is to limit the areas where you can report murder. Make wilderness be wilderness and if you venture a certain radius away from guarded towns and dies you should not be able to report a murder since you are not in said nations borders.

This is sadly way to advanced for SV to do, much like the translation of advanced Swedish to English which seems to be harder to do then translating ancient languages lost to humanity...

I am still for more harsh features and hardcore elements for MO2. MO got so carebear in the end and that carebear attitude is now riddled in MO2 sadly.

Reactions: Jatix and Tzone
D

Deleted member 44

Awww poor baby.
I cope with zero hassle. Have done with Beta of MO1. Love the harshness of MO and how hours can be lost in an instant, that is such a thrill!
I coped well enough making a open town in MO1 while playing the trader RP. Enjoyed a keep while I was at it. Had fun with RPK members who I kind of antagonised on these forums :p

Nothing MO has to offer can make me QQ like you have in this thread :ROFLMAO:

Do you need me to hold your hand when the bounty system comes out?
:)
Cool dude, mock me for discussing the future of the game while offering nothing of value to the conversation. Nothing I have said is "crying", or "complaining", or whatever other logical fallacy you want to throw at the discussion. My initial point remains. Content patches are supposed to add content for all players. I only see this as a way to for blue players have an unfair advantage over me further than they already do. Adding an ESP isn't even needed with the current mechanics. I had odinseed 10 man zerg me by using a spiritist to track my movements.

D

Deleted member 44

I am not saying every player who is red is currently red because they kill everyone one they see including babies, but i do find it ironic that these players by making the choice to pvp/ gank players freely to get gear, mats, goods etc, are complaining it COULD happen to them. Something to think about also is of current red players are pretty good at PvP so inherently will be able to defend better themselves anyways. If little greenhorn PVPers come to kill you, smack them down, I'm gonna BH, make sure you kick my ass over and over. Its whatever

If this is a bad take, let me know
You guys just aren't getting what this is going to turn into. It's not player vs player. It's not blue Bob's adventure into the world to kill the murderer. It's going to be large groups of players ESPing down single players. That's what going to happen. This entire system has been brought about from a self righteous notion of justice, as you have even called these players "evil".

Reactions: Tzone
D

Deleted member 44

fun for me but i guess thats cuz i win

Oh just stop already. You're not good at the game Sneeze, you never have been, and you're not killing 10~20 people by yourself. I don't even think you could take a 3v1 tbh. Im not trying to hurt you. 99% of the population is not going to win 3+v1 of equally geared players.

Reactions: Tzone

Sneeze

Mar 24, 2021
Oh just stop already. You're not good at the game Sneeze, you never have been, and you're not killing 10~20 people by yourself. I don't even think you could take a 3v1 tbh. Im not trying to hurt you. 99% of the population is not going to win 3+v1 of equally geared players.
im literally the best

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
It's going to be large groups of players ESPing down single players.
But what Players? Red Players that turned Red for a reason.
Why have red Players? Why people become Red.
Because of criminal actions.
Too many turn grey for "tactical" reasons already.
But if you have become red you did that knowing what you do.
It needs to have consequences.
And criminals get hunted, because they are criminals.
Red Players need to be in a minority.
For balance sake, for a healthy pop sake.
And blues turning grey so often for "tactical" reasons should fear to become red as well If the do it too often.

All fine their is a red playstyle, but it should mean you choosed the hard way with all its consequences and not get away too easily all the time.

PvP needs to be toned down some way or it will be overstressed by players.
PvP need to be more comprenhensible for many players.
Fine if some want it more chaotic or 100% player driven, but unfortunately this never balanced out well in any Videogame.
Trammel was maybe done wrong, and many anti rpk systems got exploited and done wrong, but without restrictions and punishment too many players tend to want to easily burn the whole world down and kill it without a chance to recover.

Pragma

Mar 17, 2022
I see a lot of people talking about red players as if they're killing everyone on sight, you can become "red" in just a few minutes with a group fight, even if you don't gank others, people need to chill with the red player hunt.

Reactions: ThaBadMan and Tzone