Bounty System

• Thread starter Deleted member 44
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 44

As a murderer, why should I be excited for the "bounty system"? To me this seems like an easier way for zergs to ESP kill me.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
More pvp for you I guess. Granted I hope bounty hunters are marked and you can kill them before they attack you

D

Deleted member 44

I feel like the universe has just done a backflip or something because isn't it normally gatherers who moan about this?
Moan about this? They are being giving literal tracking tools. Am I given tracking tools to find the gatherer?

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah I hope it doesnt tell you the name because it will be used by the big alliances to scout.

The system should really just tell you race, height, weight, and hair style. Then when you find them and there name is read their name you figure out who it is. If you keep rolling to find the players name you want you can just use it to track people while sending other people to harass them.

Whats the benefit for the hunted? Adding more risk but the reward is the same.

If they gave a reward for defeating the hunters then It would be a better experience all around instead of just trying to give a coping mechanism to make the people who got PvP'd feel like there is some punishment down the road for the PvPer.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
ah. that is a good catch. it would be the new ghosting. hopefully they keep this in mind.
I hope they read my post but I have little faith in Henrik being able to figure out how people will exploit things. Hes not very bright when it comes to thinking like a gamer.

• Haha
Reactions: Rorry and ROTLUST

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
Could be exciting to be hunted? Hell, i feel it most of my gametime, lol

But honestly it's too early tell how exactly it will be implemented... SOOO many questions.

Bounty Hunting

How are bounties obtained? - Bounties will be able to received from an NPC. This will pull from a random pool of player murderers. Only the single bounty hunter will be able to obtain the reward for the completed bounty. Once the head is delivered to the bounty hunter NPC, you will receive the reward.

Players will be able to add rewards to the random bounty system if they have a head they want collected, but there will be no integrated system for player made bounties. That will have to be done between players.

Will Bounty Hunters have Ranks? - Yes, completed bounties will contribute to your rank for leaderboard placement. Ranks will also give you access to other Bounty Hunter tools and can be expanded on at a future date. This also includes titles.

What should I know if I am a murderer? - If you have a over 5 Murder Counts, you are considered a murderer and will be placed inside the random Bounty Hunter pool. If you are hunted, there will be a grace period where you cannot be hunted again. There is a plan to add a "Most Wanted" list for the public to know who is avoiding or winning against bounty hunters attacks.

Tracking - We are still finalizing some lore relating naming however there will be a tracking tool. This tool will only work per bounty. It will ping you a generalized location of your bounty hunter target. It will have a timer when it can be used again, this making sure you still have to track the target. If the tool becomes a bird in finalization, you will not need specific lore to use the tool/animal.

"Pull from random pool of player murderers" .... "If you are hunted, there will be a grace period where you cannot be hunted again."
-- So if a murderer is pulled from the bounty hunter lotto machine by anyone. i guess? alt, new player, or Arpker that is woefully undergeared and underskilled to go against elite RPKers with random capital letters in their names... or your name is pulled by a Thursar/Boba looking fuck wearing a skadite trenchcoat that'll destroy you AND your whole crew.​
-- Either way (if done correctly) will add SOME content. And most importantly, content that is driven by players and with minimal dev interaction.​
"Players will be able to add rewards to the random bounty system if they have a head they want collected, but there will be no integrated system for player made bounties. That will have to be done between players. "
-- I don't even know wtf this means? There's no integrated system for player-made bounties... unless a player wants to create a bounty.​
"If you have a over 5 Murder Counts, you are considered a murderer and will be placed inside the random Bounty Hunter pool."
-- Does this mean that you can very easily be 'blue' again when being hunted? How will that be handled? I kinda enjoy the idea of a slow 'assassin's creed' level of patience and recon. (or in MO1 was a very shallow and condensed way when hunting that nobleman's head in Tindrem Gardens when he's furthest away from guards).​
Tracking - well, this one has me worried about bugs/exploits the most. And most importantly the balance ------

Random ideas for murderer balance (seems like that should be a thing in sandboxes) -
-- red towns get anti-bounty hunter mechanic? A tracker npc for bounty hunter killers? THAT certainly would encourage interaction.​
-- Or A notification to the murderer that someone is actively tracking them? *The bounty hunter gets a better idea of direction, but with every ping comes a more accurate warning to the murderer?*​
-- If the "tracking bird" becomes a thing... imagine that crow (perhaps decrepit in necro-stank) poking at ya. As your past catches up.​
-- I know many don't like stat loss. But what if it was in the form of forgiveness? SV always talks about adding a religion mechanic to the game...​
-- You've killed how many people my son? 50? That'll be 5 'str' and 5 'dex' for a little bit.​
I'm sure murderers will have better balance suggestions

I'm confident that the system can be added in a way that will (of course) add danger to the murdering lifestyle but do so in a way that will be far more beneficial on the activeness of the playerbase. In the form of content that drives more people onto the map... maybe in the form of guilds or in the form of posses or RP Dog the bounty hunter' 'n crew.

Simplistic alternate view - Just add a leaderboard in towns, no full system. Track kills for blue/red killers, just like MO1 website. Let the players sort it out. Done.

ANyway, sorry for smoking in your sandbox party

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The system should really just tell you race, height, weight, and hair style.
The issue is most of these are covered by wearing armor. And just to top it off, you need to be right on top of someone practically before they stop beign a 'Humanoid' lmao.

I see no way they can make this system and not have it be shit, abusable, or both. An arrow just pointing to a red so you and your zerg can kill them is total bs. And then if it gives a reward, its going to be abusable when people just like try to get their red alt as a target or something. And, has no benefit for the person being hunted. So its just more reason for reds to not log in. Making the world have less action and be more dead. Unless the system is going to be significantly better than I'm thinking it will be.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The issue is most of these are covered by wearing armor. And just to top it off, you need to be right on top of someone practically before they stop beign a 'Humanoid' lmao.

I see no way they can make this system and not have it be shit, abusable, or both. An arrow just pointing to a red so you and your zerg can kill them is total bs. And then if it gives a reward, its going to be abusable when people just like try to get their red alt as a target or something. And, has no benefit for the person being hunted. So its just more reason for reds to not log in. Making the world have less action and be more dead. Unless the system is going to be significantly better than I'm thinking it will be.
well from a distance you just see the paper doll before the armor. But yeah its just another coping mechanic for the bad players. The players who would be able to go after the bounties are all red already tho. Just needs a benefit for the bounty for if they win.

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
Well it's another pvp engagement which as murderer you're already seeking out. Besides, it's not really beiing implemented to make murderers happy but to bring more danger to murderer playstyle, you usually have the elemement of suprise as you're the one picking the fight as murderer so this exists to occasionally flip those circumstantes back on you.

Davros

Jan 26, 2022
I know a few murders and they're looking forward to the cat and mouse aspect. Besides, filthy murderers deserve to be hunted down like dogs. Do the murders feel the same way when they attack people from behind while someone is mining or something. You've been 📡 Ng it. Now get ready, because here we come

D

Deleted member 44

I know a few murders and they're looking forward to the cat and mouse aspect. Besides, filthy murderers deserve to be hunted down like dogs. Do the murders feel the same way when they attack people from behind while someone is mining or something. You've been 📡 Ng it. Now get ready, because here we come
i-don't-think-about-you-at-all.jpg

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Lets be honest here if the content thats in the game is from MO1 and It's shit whats gonna happen with brand new content.
Tracking shit...

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Whats this the revenge of the nerds?

D

Deleted member 44

Mr Chef can't handle the heat and wants to stay in the kitchen.

It's bloody hilarious!

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Whatever you want to tell yourself. This is supposed to be a content patch for all players. The initial thread was about the system and how it will enhance my game session. To me, all I see is that it will not enhance anything and place a tracker on me for winning at PvP. I frequently play solo and fight people out numbered.

Cope harder.

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
Whatever you want to tell yourself. This is supposed to be a content patch for all players. The initial thread was about the system and how it will enhance my game session. To me, all I see is that it will not enhance anything and place a tracker on me for winning at PvP. I frequently play solo and fight people out numbered.

Cope harder.

Awww poor baby.
I cope with zero hassle. Have done with Beta of MO1. Love the harshness of MO and how hours can be lost in an instant, that is such a thrill!
I coped well enough making a open town in MO1 while playing the trader RP. Enjoyed a keep while I was at it. Had fun with RPK members who I kind of antagonised on these forums :p

Nothing MO has to offer can make me QQ like you have in this thread :ROFLMAO:

Do you need me to hold your hand when the bounty system comes out?
:)