Book only training to 38

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
my heavy hose armor book only took me to 38, if I read it again will it take me higher and go to 70? pet equip is at 100, horse light at 97 and horse medium at 77

Reactions: Crewe

Exetorius

Mar 11, 2022
This happened to my wife with many books. When she reached out to a GM they told her to submit a bug report so I think they are aware of the situation

koruun

Feb 8, 2022
and this was the SECOND time I red this book,

the first time it raised the skill to about 36.

Attachments

• 2022-03-21 08_19_29-Mortal Online 2.png
    2022-03-21 08_19_29-Mortal Online 2.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
I would guess that on average about half the books I read stop before they should. It's (another) of the age old problems that have never been addressed.

Start by checking that nothing is blocking it - I've had a lot of limiting skills that have managed to set themselves to "lock" even when I know I had them set to "plus". Then just get another copy of the book and try again. Oh, and submit yet another bug report.

Goltarion

Jun 3, 2020
Ive had a bunch of books give less xp than they should (or just stop giving xp early?)
Bad bug, very frustrating for newer players, needs to be fixed asap same as so many other things.

koruun

Feb 8, 2022
You gotta be kidding me.

this is the third time I red the book.

Attachments

• 2022-03-21 15_21_13-Mortal Online 2.png
    2022-03-21 15_21_13-Mortal Online 2.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 10

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
You gotta be kidding me.

this is the third time I red the book.
That’s actually funny cause I read horse bags twice and it took me to 44, im assuming if I read heavy armor it will prob only go to 44. What happens if I submit a ticket? Will I get to be 70 or will it just be a pointless ticket

adrelik

Feb 8, 2022
Yep I just noticed this problem. I read horse bag crafting twice and it only got the skill into the 40s

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
Afaik books give a set amount of XP.
Reading the book will give you XP until the specified level.

If multiple ppl are only getting into the 40s for the bags then it sounds like bad balancing.

IMO books should cost a bit more if the devs want to use books as a bit of a gold sink. Buying a book 2, 3 or 4 times is poor design. Just make it cost 2,3 or 4x as much and take proportionally longer to read as well. The skill takes us to 70 and make that uniform. Easier for players to know instead of trying to guess game mechanics with no clue.

People used to ask if books were bugged in MO1 and people are still asking kinda same sort of stuff...

Wonder when SV will wake up and realise that their books go against the convention of other shit in the game and there is no clue to say we need to buy the SAME FUCKING BOOK twice to read twice... or more times. How do we gamers learn? By having expectations ripped from under their feet. I guess we read the book by eating the damn pages >.< lol

IMO book system needs reworking. I like the idea of learning through books and offline as well. Just needs to make the user experience better with it.

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
Afaik books give a set amount of XP.
Reading the book will give you XP until the specified level.

If multiple ppl are only getting into the 40s for the bags then it sounds like bad balancing.

IMO books should cost a bit more if the devs want to use books as a bit of a gold sink. Buying a book 2, 3 or 4 times is poor design. Just make it cost 2,3 or 4x as much and take proportionally longer to read as well. The skill takes us to 70 and make that uniform. Easier for players to know instead of trying to guess game mechanics with no clue.

People used to ask if books were bugged in MO1 and people are still asking kinda same sort of stuff...

Wonder when SV will wake up and realise that their books go against the convention of other shit in the game and there is no clue to say we need to buy the SAME FUCKING BOOK twice to read twice... or more times. How do we gamers learn? By having expectations ripped from under their feet. I guess we read the book by eating the damn pages >.< lol

IMO book system needs reworking. I like the idea of learning through books and offline as well. Just needs to make the user experience better with it.
Well seeing how the ui is set up and coding I bet it was a mistake. Just like butchering something and putting it in my horse bag I have to hit the ESC button 4 times in a slow time frame to get rid of all the pop ups so that I can have control of my character again. God forbid I get attacked during that then I’ll be panic spamming ESC. Should be a one and done button press

Reactions: Najwalaylah