Beta Patch Notes 0.1.10.5 Discussion

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
NO. Player-created religions and SV lore only. In that order, unless Star Vault comes through with some really engaging lore not written on napkins in untranslateble. Advanced Swedish, this time.

Kristi kraft betvingar dig!
Du har mött din överman, öppna upp dig för Jesus!

Or something along those lines.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
I doubt anyone in the balance team actually play the game or even understand anything about it. u guys gotta be carefull who you lisen to because u guys are clearly getting miss lead right now. The change feel like u guys did it just for the sake of it ..

Good luck with that...

D

Deleted member 44

I doubt anyone in the balance team actually play the game or even understand anything about it. u guys gotta be carefull who you lisen to because u guys are clearly getting miss lead right now. The change feel like u guys did it just for the sake of it ..

Good luck with that...
"Let's buff magic by 20%"

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I could go thru the 5% of things that seem ok, most are fixes. Almost none of the added content fundamentally changes the game. It's starting to becoming "THE SAME GAME ADDING MORE STUFF" again except the game is way more bare than 1, and I don't like that. It seems like they got a mad mage and a mad MC in their ear.

It seems like a very lacking patch.
Well said my friend. I wish there were more people who could see this.

MO2's problem is that its not really a fun game. It could be a fun AF game. The coolest game I've ever played. but its not and nothing they do, patch after patch, makes anything more fun. Because it doesnt fix the core issues.

Theres some useful little fixes here and there, which is good. Polish is important. The issue is everything else.

The core gameplay loop is just broken. Gathering is pointless because low end gear is too good, and better gear doesnt matter when you get zerged by mounted and have no chance to fight back. Or you are the zerg and dont need better gear anyway because you can be a fatmage or MA, and use 1g in gear and be viable. And roaming isnt fun because the raw amount of time it takes. The fun to time spent ratio is bad.

Added scribing. Oh boy, another skill to take away from the skills someone may want to have, on their heavily limited 1 char slot sub. So that they can make their broken soulbound 0 risk spellbook, which plagued mage balance in MO1. Pasted right over to be a bad system in this game aswell. And this is just 1 single example of a thing that only made the game worse, or missed a chance to improve upon something that was done poorly in MO1.

Me and my friend now only have 2 hours to play games a night, several days a week. Theres literally 0 reason to pick MO2 as the game we play. And none of these patches do anything to change that.

I can go get in my car, drive to my friends house, get him, drive to McDonalds, enjoy some garbage food while talking about how fun MO1 was, and then drive back. Faster than I can res in meduli, gear, and ride to bakti to hope I see a player that I can kill because they arent in my region and wont decrease my standing. Because I cant get any fights near meduli, ill just lose standing because the new system is way too softcore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah