Jun 9, 2020
Added:
  • Added Cave camp.
  • Added Basic character customization.
  • Added Skin colors.
  • Added Hair colors.
  • Added Eye colors.
  • Added /Exportbuild command.
  • Added "Login crash notice" to the main menu to inform players about the annoying bug so that they know that they should try again.
  • Added Risar Dungeon.
  • Added first type of Risars.
  • Added attribute locks.
  • Added storm particles.
  • Added support for wind on foliage.
  • Added simple guild support, you can start a guild by interacting with the community guild stones found in the world. Creating a guild costs 200g (Gold coins can be found in barrels inside cities)
  • Added the social menu. (0)
  • Added Guild chat.
  • You can now see the guild of players if they choose to show it when targeting them.
  • You can now see the nation of NPCs when targeting them.
  • Added more NPC talk.

Changes:
  • You can allocate 10 attribute points at a time by holding shift in character creator (a little janky atm..)
  • UI polish.
  • Widened arrow trail to make it slightly more visible.
  • Updated crafting preview scenes for improved stability. (should look pretty much the same)
  • Adjusted cameras and lighting in login screen and character creation.
  • Temporarily made it so that you regain long term sp and hp when resting.
  • Removed AI leash.
  • You now lose reserves in HP,SP and MP.
  • Updated clade gift icons.
  • Added thursar and oghmir warcry buffs.
  • Revamped where cladegifts are in the tree and changed many of them. All clade gifts with proper names and descriptions should now be considered implemented and if they don't work please report it.
  • You now gain cladegift XP from killing certain mobs. (x100 for testing)
  • You no longer start with full clade gifts.
  • Butchery and skinning now takes just a very short amount of time
  • Tweaked stamina cost on 1H weapons.
  • Balanced the Dexterity caps on Huergar, Blainn, Sidoian and Kallards.

Fixes:
  • Fixed the voip unmuting after tabbing back in ignoring voice activation setting.
  • Code refactoring for improved stability.
  • Fixed multiple crashes related to engine garbage collection.
  • Removed "leg-pop" in female idle animation.
  • Reduced frequency of login and shutdown crashes. (still present, we're working on it)
  • Fixed skinning artifact on Male Kallard Hair 2.
  • Fixed bug where a living player that logs out would only get hidden instead of being removed from the game world. (the player was never at risk, it was just a hidden object that remained in the engine costing CPU cycles)
  • Fixed bug where helmets and Oghmir face hair would not cast shadows in first person.
  • Fixed bug where sound would be permanently silent after logging out and back into the game. (the menu still has the no-sound bug)
  • Fixed bug where sword parts would appear in the bow crafting preview window.
  • Fixed bug where arrows in quiver would not dissolve with the rest of the player body.
  • Your body shape now updates correctly when fatness changes.
  • Fixed issues with standings not updating correctly.
  • Fixed several instance of clade gifts now updating the UI correctly after being activated.
  • Fixed several instances of crashing due to player being loaded out.
  • Fixed double soundtrack playing in some biomes.
  • Fixed ghosts not having collision with gatherable trees and rocks.
  • Multiple landscape fixes.

Known Issues:
  • New cloud system is not yet connected to the weather system.
  • Ai is still work in progress.

Discuss

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
So I can finally work on my attribute calculator and finish my clade gift planner as well.
I wonder if clade point NPCs to kill will ever be clade dependent. Will those be shared or last hit attributions? And how do people that aren't into PvE increase their clade level?

Also Heritage/Legacy/Ancestry as in parent race mixing is back.

What I noticed is for now everyone gets 100 attribute points to distribute, no matter what size they are effectively giving bigger races more attribute points.

There is also a "bug" with uneven size numbers, because 1 attribute point is 2 size but when you get to an uneven number you only get 1 for 1 and when you go up and down with that and it changes around it basically behaves differently depending on whether your min and max size are even or uneven. Well, I think that's also been the case with MO, but it's something that shouldn't happen.
Also Huergar for example have more raised caps than Blainn in the Oghmir, so even the clades themselves are imbalanced:
Huergar get str, int and psy - Blainn only get con and size
The Alvarin have a similar problem but give the Sheevra +2 in int instead of +1 to make up for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuroi

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
Henrik has stated that your damage bonus is based on relative size rather than absolute size, so a +30 height Thursar and +30 height Alvarin will get the same damage bonus benefit. Not sure if its baked into the HP pool or not. Haven't had a chance to log in and confirm these things though just taken from streams and discord chats.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
im so mad that i need to use AHK now cause they removed even more mouse bindings instead of adding. DLSS 1.0 on GTX cards was removed the last patch and now im forced to play with autohotkey... at least im able to bind things like mouse wheel too which gives me a big advantage.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Very nice to get the character creation and see the clade stat limit. Now we can start to prepare our release build character.

One question about this:
You now gain cladegift XP from killing certain mobs. (x100 for testing)
Which mobs are working? Bandits and Risars so far? And
x100 for testing
means we have to work for some time on the process to get access to the maximum clade gift points.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Henrik has stated that your damage bonus is based on relative size rather than absolute size, so a +30 height Thursar and +30 height Alvarin will get the same damage bonus benefit. Not sure if its baked into the HP pool or not. Haven't had a chance to log in and confirm these things though just taken from streams and discord chats.
Size doesn't only affect damage bonus so that's irrelevant to the fact that bigger clades currently get more attributes. And this is about the current patch and here the size bonuses don't seem to be relative. So both health and damage bonus (and probably all the other things we can't see that take in into account like weight ranges) are currently dependent on absolute size.
The attributes you get to start with will probably change depending on size but in this patch bigger clades just get more.

In character creation attributes can go to negative numbers with weight maluses, in-game they are clamped to 10 though. Also weight changes other stats indirectly like damage bonus and others by altering the attributes like strength and this is not reflected in the creation step but it is in-game.

Last edited:

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
Size doesn't only affect damage bonus so that's irrelevant to the fact that bigger clades currently get more attributes. And this is about the current patch and here the size bonuses don't seem to be relative. So both health and damage bonus (and probably all the other things we can't see that take in into account like weight ranges) are currently dependent on absolute size.
The attributes you get to start with will probably change depending on size but in this patch bigger clades just get more.

In character creation attributes can go to negative numbers with weight maluses, in-game they are clamped to 10 though. Also weight changes other stats indirectly like damage bonus and others by altering the attributes like strength and this is not reflected in the creation step but it is in-game.

Having managed to log in and check out the clades and options I see that it pretty much just works like MO1 and not as explained which is a little sad. And yes size is a bit multi-faceted.

Similar to MO1 each race has its own skill pool cap which was introduced to balance things out a bit and typically the more physically dominant races are penalised with a smaller overall attribute pool. Attribute pool aside the taller clades do get more of what size grants.

It gets a lot more complex with gifts in the mix too now and a lot of experimentation will need to be done to determine whether these help level the playing field.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
It gets a lot more complex with gifts in the mix too now and a lot of experimentation will need to be done to determine whether these help level the playing field.

Because of this new features StarVault should allow at least two or three rerolls during the first month without losing skills and (bank) inventory. This would give the players enough time to understand the skill system and the new clade gift system.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Characters are too bulky in general. Gotta put that base steroid slider down. :p Even at 100% their arms clip with their chests.
100% should look like what 50% looks like right now.

Because of this new features StarVault should allow at least two or three rerolls during the first month without losing skills and (bank) inventory. This would give the players enough time to understand the skill system and the new clade gift system.
You don't give rerolls on the basis of people not understanding things. Might as well give rerolls whenever a new feature comes in.

Reactions: Vagrant and Rhias

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
You don't give rerolls on the basis of people not understanding things. Might as well give rerolls whenever a new feature comes in.

During all the years in MO1 we had to ask new guild members to delete their character and create a new one because new players are usually choosing a bad build. And now we get the clade gifts additionally in MO2. This means for a new player to dump their character after the first one or two weeks of game time in more or less 100 percent of the cases. Instead of throwing away all skills they trained and all items they stored better let the change the clade, age and size to fit into their play style..

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
During all the years in MO1 we had to ask new guild members to delete their character and create a new one because new players are usually choosing a bad build. And now we get the clade gifts additionally in MO2. This means for a new player to dump their character after the first one or two weeks of game time in more or less 100 percent of the cases. Instead of throwing away all skills they trained and all items they stored better let the change the clade, age and size to fit into their play style..
You can always invest in my character planner which I'm currently updating with the new data. :p

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
This option would help new players more than Heaven instance.

Reactions: Xunila

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
When you create a guild and delete the character the guild will still exist and the name be taken and forever inaccessible. Typical SV features. :p

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
When I make a Tindremene at default size 184 and distribute no points I have 267 left when I log in, with a Blainn of default size 164 I have 233 left.
That seems like the opposite of how things should be.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
When I make a Tindremene at default size 184 and distribute no points I have 267 left when I log in, with a Blainn of default size 164 I have 233 left.
That seems like the opposite of how things should be.
something something lower stat caps something something balance something something

-barcode

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
crashing every single time i log out. And a bad crash. It force me to reboot my computer if i m not putting task manager on my second screen to kill the process. EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME
Also, when you die, you lose all the items icons bound in hotbar. Make it like MO1 jesus ....