beginner questions about combat

breaktwister

Aug 17, 2023
Having a lot of fun with the game so far, went into the open world for the first time last night and what seemed to be a fully geared plate Knight killed my horse, I decided to run as I thought I could make it back to guard radius but did not make it.

As a dex footie, would I realistically stand a chance against a full plate mounted lancer? He is not going to voluntarily dismount so I would have to dismount him first which means killing his armored horse?

I am in leather gear with one of the cuprum swords from Haven - what type of gear would I need to stand a chance against plate fighter?

Any good combat guides?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
First of all you need good armour as a footie. Steel or better. Potions help too.

Lancers hit really hard so, once you have lost your horse and are on foot, your only play is to use terrain (rocks, trees, water, houses, etc) to hide behind while you use a long bow to kill his horse. Long bow is the only thing that will do some serious damage to an armoured horse. Most lancers, or MAs will run to bandage their horse if it gets too low. You can try and melee his horse when he gets close but you do risk getting hit by the lance which does a lot of damage. Terrain will help hugely here. If you can get him stuck on rocks or between trees you might have a chance.

Before you get dismounted you should simply keep the lancer at a distance and he wont be able to do any damage. He has to be right on top of you to hit you. Never ride towards the lancer, always away from him. Of course having some sort of mounted skill like Mounted Archery, or Mounted Magery is necessary, otherwise you just have to run away and hope your horse has more stamina than his. Or at least enough stamina to get you to terrain more advantageous for you.

On a side note. Depending on how different your pings are it can happen that it does look like the lancer is hitting you from quite far away even if he is chasing you. this is because on his screen he is on top of you. Keep far away from lancers if you have high ping and 4 speed lots.

Last edited:
Reactions: breaktwister

TruthGlass

Mar 24, 2023
The answer is no. Assuming you have ping good enough to fight at all as a dex footy you probably have too low hp to realistically fight a fully armored player. You best option is magery which subverts armor. Ps if you picked up this game for pvp it isn't really that game.

Malmsteen

Jul 29, 2022
The answer is no. Assuming you have ping good enough to fight at all as a dex footy you probably have too low hp to realistically fight a fully armored player. You best option is magery which subverts armor. Ps if you picked up this game for pvp it isn't really that game.
Lol dont listen to this guy. One of the best footies in the game has 300 ping. And its a pvp hame so dunno what the retard above is on about? Maybe he thinks this is unofficial reddit.

breaktwister

Aug 17, 2023
Let me ask a more direct question then, should I be looking to max out my armor based on max weight I can carry? As a dex footie it does not seem right from a roleplaying stance that I should wear plate but if I can wear plate and still keep my max move, jump and swim speed then why not?

Also, I am confused about the different armor materials, they seem to be made of all different types of animals, scale, etc. I heard on YouTube that "reptile" armor is standard for PVP should I only look for armor called "reptile"?

Reactions: Haxanmancer

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Let me ask a more direct question then, should I be looking to max out my armor based on max weight I can carry? As a dex footie it does not seem right from a roleplaying stance that I should wear plate but if I can wear plate and still keep my max move, jump and swim speed then why not?

Also, I am confused about the different armor materials, they seem to be made of all different types of animals, scale, etc. I heard on YouTube that "reptile" armor is standard for PVP should I only look for armor called "reptile"?
Yes, usually you know what weight your usual armour is and you make sure you have enough armour weight for it ( second tab in your paper doll).
Take a steel/silk armour set for example. Depending on the type, it weighs around 24 to 25 kg. So, if you want to wear it, you need Armour training to 100, and some heavy armour training. Keep in mind that strength also effects armour weight, so the more strength you have the less heavy armour training you’ll need to wear that armour. But you will need some.

If you are only going to wear Pansar sets you’ll only need around 19 kg armour weight. And so on.

As long as you stay under your max armour weight you do not lose running speed. However your stamina regeneration will be less the heavier the armour.
So yes, you can wear steel and better as a Vheela and be just as fast as light sets. Jump as high too. You just need armour training and heavy armour training. Swimming requires Survival and all its secondaries.

For sure you’ll want the best armour you can afford and that will most likely be heavy armour, around 25kg. If you cant afford steel the next best thing currently is Pansar (anima material). Its decent for pvp.

Animal materials are considered low tier armours (mages often use them because they are light). Regular pvp for a melee fighter is usually steel. Tungsteel and Cronite are high tier. oghmium is God tier.
To get a really good idea of how armours are made, as well as weights and defence values, etc go to mortaldata.com/workbench

You will quickly see the differences between armours and all the mats you can use to make them.

Last edited:
Reactions: breaktwister

TruthGlass

Mar 24, 2023
Lol dont listen to this guy. One of the best footies in the game has 300 ping. And its a pvp hame so dunno what the retard above is on about? Maybe he thinks this is unofficial reddit.
The time that it takes to find fights outside of you being a Rper and creating them before hand creates a terrible experience. A few hours between less than a min of fun is not acceptable.