Bears vs Horses

May 4, 2024
Right now bears (includes taur dogs) just straight beat horses in mounted engagements. The bears have smaller hit boxes, are faster, have higher baseline defenses, high much higher HP, turn tighter and faster, and have similar stamina to that of horses. In a 1v1 trade with a horse vs bear you will always lose with the horse. Additionally if you have necro, you can have a horse and a bear to ride if one of them dies during the fight. I recommend cutting the bears total stamina pool in half to meet the design philosophy of "horses will still be the premier mounted pet". I can see counter arguments of pet point cost being considered, but I still think the bears will come out on top even with half their current stamina considered. Regarding necro, there is no counter argument.

Vrenmar

Nov 21, 2020
Horses are free and require no primary points for any build so they should be inferior to rideable combat pets in a straight fight. It's 200 sp for ritualism pets for necro ritualism and even more for tamers.

May 4, 2024
Horses are free and require no primary points for any build so they should be inferior to rideable combat pets in a straight fight. It's 200 sp for ritualism pets for necro ritualism and even more for tamers.
"We still want horses to be the premier MC pet" - Henrik

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
"We still want horses to be the premier MC pet" - Henrik

lol at some point they will realize how bad they fucked up by making pets mountable. IF they were mountable, they should be very shoddy donkey level mounts, just to keep people from being on foot when they are not actually engaging in gameplay. There should be no mounted combat on non-mounts (lyk, molva, horse.) Duh.