BASED changes that will save the game

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
1. Pets, either useable only in PvE or GUTTED. 1 button class that takes 0 skill and is one of the STRONGEST in the game.

2. Rework of the magic system. This should have been done with the release of MO2 instead of porting over the magic system from MO1, we should have gotten a projectile based system with counters and better solutions. We have projectile based arrows, so why exactly dont we have projectile based magic? This alone would make it way more fleshed out, skillbased and not so oppressive. If you are fighting outnumbered or 1vXing and the enemy has a mage, might aswell pack your bags, magic is the smallscale/1vX killer.

3. Mounted needs to either only be useable in PvE, GUTTED, or there needs to actually be added realistic counters to mounteds. Massive stun when you get dismounted so you dont just get back on and ride off. Add fucking dismount balltipped arrows or bolas or whatever. Swords insta chop off horse legs. This is another completely skilless "class" that is also one of the STRONGEST in the game. You can ride around drooling on your keyboard and never risk dieing on a mounted, 0 risk should result 0 REWARD, not the other fucking way around.

4. Tower shields should never have been added to the game. Either there has to be some downside to using a towershield or it needs to get gutted. Make maces do full damage to towershields or shields in general?

5. Double everyones stamina pool and stamina regen. Nobody likes shit snail combat where you can swing twice and have to sit around for 5 minutes waiting to regain stamina. This also makes it absurdly zerg friendly where you literally DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH STAMINA TO KILL PPL WHEN UR FIGHTING 1VX.

6. Increase all movement speed for more kiting potential (prolly not realistic because of prediction system).

7. Add SEVERAL ways to self sustain REGARDLESS of build. No, potions that you can use once in a fight do not count. No, shit bandages do not count (look below).

8. Revert the absolute trash change to bandaging from the first game where you have to play some 10 second animation that you cannot cancel to bandage yourself. "Oh heuheu you have to be tactical and know WHEN to bandage". I guess the shit zergling (you know who you are) that got this change added did not consider the fact that there is NEVER THE RIGHT TIME TO BANDAGE WHEN UR GETTING ZERGED. This is a small thing but just another one that makes the game zerg friendly.

9. Get rid of miss penalty. Shit mechanic that locks you out of combat, was added to fix problems that are no longer in the game and adding penalties to missing can be solved WAY better by just giving a flat stam loss of like 20 per missed swing or something.

10. Get rid of equipment hits on weapons. This is an absolute trash one that nobody in the game likes. Equipment hits should only exist on shields.

11. ADD MORE 1VX MECHANICS LIKE COUNTER REDUCES. Heres a simple one, stamina regen buff or flat return after parrying several different enemies in a short amount of time. Mordhau has plenty of mechanics like this that can be ripped.

12. Necro should not be castable on mount. Simple balancing reasons. Riding around and casting Miasma on yourself is purely a zergling tactic and anyone can see how its stupid.

13. You cannot LOOT WHILE SITTING ON A HORSE. For a game that LOVES realism this one just slipped past the cracks huh?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I will add more if I come up with them. But this about sums it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anabolic Man

DwayneJohnson

Dec 14, 2022
1. To add onto this: with the current game state, there are no proper tools to deal with pets which is leading to the gameplay of sending in the pet and you are set. There are not enough proper crowl control abilities that could help alleviate this, the only one that comes to mind is Atrophy from the Necro School which should slow the pet(s) down but in an actual pvp scenario, it is difficult to pull off.
-Cloud of Ashes could add a debuff to anything that isn't a player to make the miss chance of their attacks 100% for X seconds after they come in contact with the AOE.
-Slowing Poison on arrows or weapons to drastically reduce a creature's movement
-Warcries could make creatures run away in fear for X amount of seconds
-Animal/Bear traps, bolas
Just to name a few.

2. This game drastically needs a projectile system to it's magic. I have seen videos of MO1 where you can actually see players casting magic with projectiles and it honestly looks great. Mages are very strong in any type of group content due to their offense, utility and defense. There needs to be some form of potions, armor types offering different protections or some type of enchanting system to help balance against magic. Trinkets alone are not enough due to their slot machine gameplay loop (which is also a massive problem but for another subject)

3. Mounteds need to be dismounted like in MO1, there needs to be a proper duration of X seconds as it should be highly punished if you are dismounted. Javelins are a weapon that comes to mind in order to have a high damaging thrown weapon with a high strength cost/stamina usage to fight with. Hitting a horse's legs as was mentioned should slow the horse down by X percentage or have some form of drawback to getting a proper, direct hit.

4. Tower Shields without a high stamina cost or strength requirement has led to a stale, bland, high defensive footfighter meta that is not rewarding in skill or fun.

5. If you do a simple duel, you will see how much stamina is used in that fight alone. Now to do a big battle or small scale, even with proper stamina management, you are punished and are CCing yourself in some way.

6. I don't know what they can do about the current movement speeds without interfering with all their systems and design. It is far too slow and sluggish.

7. Nothing further to add.

8. Hard agree, you are locking yourself out for a good chunk of time and it is not something that has ever been good or fun about the combat/skill.

9. This would be a better solution.

10. 100%.

11. There needs to be something changed, to state again. There are not enough tools/mechanics in this game's combat to fight multiple opponents or to outplay in a meaningful manner. You are going in circles and wanting them to miss, you aren't doing something skillful by deliberately dodging an attack 100% of the time. It feels cheap and unrewarding. The best thing you can do is parry.

12. Being able to cast AOE spells from a mount is completely imbalanced.

13. Lol.

My additions to this post, changes need to be made and issues to be addressed.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Sounds like you want Mordhau... and that is over there ---->

On your topic of stamina.

Not sure if you have ever been in a physical fight, but it is EXTREMELY tiring and fighting out numbered is not something you ever want to do. You look at professional MMA fighters, they arent wearing 10-20kg of armor, they arent swinging weapons and they struggle to keep up high tempo fights for 5 minutes. Now look at HMB fighters who are fighting in 20kg of armor with weapons and see these guys are struggling to keep up a high intensity fight for 3 minutes.

Dismount mechanics are coming... and should have been in game from the start not over a year later.

Bandages timer is fine... at least you can move while doing it. And it is a balance thing.

On the topic of pets... aside from some obvious balancing issues with wolves and direwolves pets are fine. But it is nice not having terrorbird online.

You really like that word "GUTTED". I guess that is the word of the day?

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Sounds like you want Mordhau... and that is over there ---->

On your topic of stamina.

Not sure if you have ever been in a physical fight, but it is EXTREMELY tiring and fighting out numbered is not something you ever want to do. You look at professional MMA fighters, they arent wearing 10-20kg of armor, they arent swinging weapons and they struggle to keep up high tempo fights for 5 minutes. Now look at HMB fighters who are fighting in 20kg of armor with weapons and see these guys are struggling to keep up a high intensity fight for 3 minutes.

Dismount mechanics are coming... and should have been in game from the start not over a year later.

Bandages timer is fine... at least you can move while doing it. And it is a balance thing.

On the topic of pets... aside from some obvious balancing issues with wolves and direwolves pets are fine. But it is nice not having terrorbird online.

You really like that word "GUTTED". I guess that is the word of the day?

This is not real life.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
This is not real life.

Correct. So why wouldnt a person be able to parry a two handed hammer with a dagger?

Dont get me wrong I think its stupid too, but I also dont see why it isnt in game. I mean of all of the unrealistic things in game....

- Running at the same speed when wearing 55lbs of armor and gear, as a person who is wearing nothing.

- Jumping 2m up in the air spinning 360 spinning a sword at full force in the opposite direct of the spin.

- Seeing a person pull a 2m tall tower shield out of their prison wallet while running at full speed without so much as a pause.

- Watching a creature called a Water Lizard, avoid water like the plague.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I agree with most of the ideas. This games bandaging system completely blows. Two for me would be bring Red names back, and nerf magic reflect. Fighters shouldn't be able to just self cast it easily and have it last ages.
Red names make no sense to me. Because SV has done so much this game to punish red players. But then no red names is a huge buff to reds. And while I enjoy the no red names as a red, its still just stupid. You should have a red name and people should want to kill you. The guards all know I'm red for 0 reason, so the players should too.
- Seeing a person pull a 2m tall tower shield out of their prison wallet while running at full speed without so much as a pause.
One that bugs me in this game is that STR effects carry weight so dex mages cant carry shit. But you still have this 0 logic backpack system that can carry infinite weight as long as it doesnt take up enough slots. It already makes no sense, so they should just scrap the str mattering part. Just makes dex mages miserable.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
I feel like projectiles need to be added to ecumenical , however hit scan is sort of necessary in the same aspect.

The current system where mages cant move while casting only works in games with CC or RNG auto attacks.

My suggestion would be that a parry system be added to casting spells making magic more rewarding in the game. The ability to block and cast should be considered wich is why so many mage players wanted the staff magic implemented in the game. why not make tower shields to heavy for mages sure but make an ecumenical spell that gives a player a held shield that they can still cast with no weapon. if a charecter blocks the next cast is much faster allowing them to fight 1 on 1 with fighter types. we are playing a fantasy game afterall. the movement speed vs armor in this game is horrible i might add the fact that YOU RUN FASTER WITH YOUR WEAPON OUT THEN YOU DO WITH IT SHEATHED , thats so backwards its rediculous.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
That are exactly the same suggestions i made since month ! I can´t understand why not more people give a like !

1. Pets, either useable only in PvE or GUTTED. 1 button class that takes 0 skill and is one of the STRONGEST in the game.

(agree) Too strong if athropy not slow them down massivly, if they not have a stamina bar, and if we have no magic spell that the tamer loose controll of the pet. (This could have a CD to not be able to spam it on pet + an icon above the HP Bar of the pet.
Parrying a pet should cost him 15 % Stam everytime you parry. PS NECRO PETS ARE ON THE OTHGER HAND TOO WEAK !

2. Rework of the magic system. This should have been done with the release of MO2 instead of porting over the magic system from MO1, we should have gotten a projectile based system with counters and better solutions. We have projectile based arrows, so why exactly dont we have projectile based magic? This alone would make it way more fleshed out, skillbased and not so oppressive. If you are fighting outnumbered or 1vXing and the enemy has a mage, might aswell pack your bags, magic is the smallscale/1vX killer.

I do not agree, becuase we get elementalism. Only the Hitboxes could be a little bigger (for some spells like a shotgun) In addition i would like to see a spell that let you hold the next casted spell longer precasted.

3. Mounted needs to either only be useable in PvE, GUTTED, or there needs to actually be added realistic counters to mounteds. Massive stun when you get dismounted so you dont just get back on and ride off. Add fucking dismount balltipped arrows or bolas or whatever. Swords insta chop off horse legs. This is another completely skilless "class" that is also one of the STRONGEST in the game. You can ride around drooling on your keyboard and never risk dieing on a mounted, 0 risk should result 0 REWARD, not the other fucking way around.

I agree ! Imo the fame was more fun without the horse armors but they have been added and need to be balanced, Horses in heavy armor should not be able to climb cliffs and if we need mechanics to counter Mounted Players.
An solution could be throwing Javelins. They could dismount a mounted player under certain conditions. If the stamina of the horse drops under 60 %, 50 %, 40 %, 30 % Staina and if you manage to give a headshot, depending on which materials the Javelins are crafted with. The Javelins should have a large dropoff, to not make that too easy. This would also balance MC vs Mounted Archery a bit, becuase you have 1 chance to dismount the MA whileplaying an MC.

In addition the Armors need a weakspot to balance them. Maybe the head or the legs should not be covered by armor. The Horses need some vurnuarable parts ! Otherwise the good materials are too strog.

4. Tower shields should never have been added to the game. Either there has to be some downside to using a towershield or it needs to get gutted. Make maces do full damage to towershields or shields in general?

I agree. They are so annoying. They need to be balanced. We should get a special weapon Ability that let you kick the shield out of the hand of Towershield user and they should slow down the user down a lot, so it will only be used in sieges to make a shield wall, if someone construct a manganon or so ! It is not enough if SV just make them heavier ! And i say that as a player that use them aswell with a dagger on one of my chars.

5. Double everyones stamina pool and stamina regen. Nobody likes shit snail combat where you can swing twice and have to sit around for 5 minutes waiting to regain stamina. This also makes it absurdly zerg friendly where you literally DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH STAMINA TO KILL PPL WHEN UR FIGHTING 1VX.

I agree. Not double the stam but at least 40 %

6. Increase all movement speed for more kiting potential (prolly not realistic because of prediction system).

I dont know if that works well with server prediction

7. Add SEVERAL ways to self sustain REGARDLESS of build. No, potions that you can use once in a fight do not count. No, shit bandages do not count (look below).

8. Revert the absolute trash change to bandaging from the first game where you have to play some 10 second animation that you cannot cancel to bandage yourself. "Oh heuheu you have to be tactical and know WHEN to bandage". I guess the shit zergling (you know who you are) that got this change added did not consider the fact that there is NEVER THE RIGHT TIME TO BANDAGE WHEN UR GETTING ZERGED. This is a small thing but just another one that makes the game zerg friendly.

I agree ! Bandage Animation should be able to be canceled. It is so punishing if you bandage too near from an enemy. Maybe not instant cancel but with an animation where the char put away the bandage.

9. Get rid of miss penalty. Shit mechanic that locks you out of combat, was added to fix problems that are no longer in the game and adding penalties to missing can be solved WAY better by just giving a flat stam loss of like 20 per missed swing or something.

I agree

10. Get rid of equipment hits on weapons. This is an absolute trash one that nobody in the game likes. Equipment hits should only exist on shields.

The penelty for Equipment hits should be removed. It should reduce damage but not 100 % ! Maybe 65 %. That wouldalso banalce shields. Only arrow damage should be reduced by 90 %

11. ADD MORE 1VX MECHANICS LIKE COUNTER REDUCES. Heres a simple one, stamina regen buff or flat return after parrying several different enemies in a short amount of time. Mordhau has plenty of mechanics like this that can be ripped.

I agree. Henrick should work on Adrenalin system. Amechanic that let you bypass a parry would give a disadvantage to the outnumbered player.

12. Necro should not be castable on mount. Simple balancing reasons. Riding around and casting Miasma on yourself is purely a zergling tactic and anyone can see how its stupid.

13. You cannot LOOT WHILE SITTING ON A HORSE. For a game that LOVES realism this one just slipped past the cracks huh?

i do not agree, This is quality of life.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
dat old shit. So much GUTTING. Pets AND MC? haha. Nah...

"5. Double everyones stamina pool and stamina regen. Nobody likes shit snail combat where you can swing twice and have to sit around for 5 minutes waiting to regain stamina. This also makes it absurdly zerg friendly where you literally DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH STAMINA TO KILL PPL WHEN UR FIGHTING 1VX."

I wouldn't be mad at this. Maybe not the regen. I would like to see a penalty for stamming completely out, tho, but I wouldn't mind considerably more stam. OR less stam for swinging/holding swing.

"6. Increase all movement speed for more kiting potential (prolly not realistic because of prediction system). " Ye, sure.

"7. Add SEVERAL ways to self sustain REGARDLESS of build. No, potions that you can use once in a fight do not count. No, shit bandages do not count (look below).
8. Revert the absolute trash change to bandaging from the first game where you have to play some 10 second animation that you cannot cancel to bandage yourself. "Oh heuheu you have to be tactical and know WHEN to bandage". I guess the shit zergling (you know who you are) that got this change added did not consider the fact that there is NEVER THE RIGHT TIME TO BANDAGE WHEN UR GETTING ZERGED. This is a small thing but just another one that makes the game zerg friendly."

Self sustain isn't healing. I don't like self-sustain, tho, as you mentioned, pots are meh. Regen is meh. Bandaids are a great idea, but maybe they do take too long to wrap. Wrapping while you get zerged tho is a MO meme. I'm surprised you didn't mention draw distance because other than a few points, you do OK if you can see what's going on.

"9. Get rid of miss penalty. Shit mechanic that locks you out of combat, was added to fix problems that are no longer in the game and adding penalties to missing can be solved WAY better by just giving a flat stam loss of like 20 per missed swing or something."

It would only matter if it was an increasing penalty as you got closer to 0 stam and it had a harder 'stam out' ani at the end. You should be able to pressure someone into stamming out. You should be able to bleed people out of stam and then work them. That should be a 'lock out' ani, too. My best idea is still get rid of the free charged swing you get off of parries and increase swing speed a bit. I think that free-swing is dun now that we got parry whore combat. I really don't understand why you are so against lock out penalties when you can do something that is a lock out. Like if you do a throw ani in a fighting game and are vulnerable for x frames. It's just your weapon moving thru the air basically. I do think some weps have too long of lock outs, tho. Either that or they need some kind of a physical effect. Would be nice to have weps that were heavy add a little push back on parry, too.

"11. ADD MORE 1VX MECHANICS LIKE COUNTER REDUCES. Heres a simple one, stamina regen buff or flat return after parrying several different enemies in a short amount of time. Mordhau has plenty of mechanics like this that can be ripped."

I hate counter reduce because it's not logically explained. Why should you get counter reduce for parry? If someone wants to swipe you on the way in, then let them. You are getting a full charged swing, and if it's a trade it's like a 100%/50% trade. You shouldn't be parrying multiple people esp with speed/stam increase.

I don't like zerging, either, but I want the game to be good. If dudes are just zerging each other in some area STOP IT. You can't balance the game based on 1vx man... it's just not possible. I mean, you can, but it won't be GOOD.